guy wearing riding tights

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
i do want to ask one thing while we are all here

which is better
i would tuck my shirt in when i am wearing breeches/jods because if i don't i can feel people stearing at me that and it looks better

but when i wear tights would you`s prefer me to wear a longer shirt to cover up a bit
or for me to tuck in my shirt like every one else
Wear whatever you like as long as you are comfortable and suitabley dressed for yard duties and riding. Women also, why have boobs uncontained and bouncing around and mucking out in shorts and flip flops. I really hope your fellow livery has not made you self concious. Its opening posts like on this thread that expose the sheer bitchiness of livery yards.
As another poster said as long as you don't have your willy hanging out where is the issue?

All

Visit site
It's strange that the UK has less male riders than most other countries. What do men in America, China, Mongolia or Turkey wear ?

i am not going to say were i am from in the uk
but most men / guys i know are more in to cars (boy racers) / tractors / motorbikes there other half may have a horse but it doesn't really interest them
i must be weird as a live in the center of a town but like horse`s since i have started riding i got in to farming which is a big change from serving my time as a builder

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
i do want to ask one thing while we are all here

which is better
i would tuck my shirt in when i am wearing breeches/jods because if i don't i can feel people stearing at me that and it looks better

but when i wear tights would you`s prefer me to wear a longer shirt to cover up a bit
or for me to tuck in my shirt like every one else

What an odd question!

Of course you should tuck in your shirt. Unless it's one of those brightly coloured Hawaiian things.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hi All, I am LOL'ing here, and hoping that it really is two posters from the same yard not someone just joining (twice) to prank us. If it is true I hope they apologise when they next see you.

I usually ride in jeggins, same as in my profile pic, comfy and these particular ones were £6 on offer from Matalan, very economical LOL.

When Mr Red was riding, there were plenty of men's breeches, often the men's were on offer in the sales. He used to be a prop forward, so defo a rugby type, but has, er, relaxed muscle, I think he calls it, now. He didn't have trouble picking breeches up in sales, quite the opposite, we would get ones marked as £100 plus for £20 or so. Really good quality too.

When I was teaching, many men seemed to like Mark Todd breeches, with the pleats. They are about £70, so not as economical as jeggins.

Not that I think there is anything wrong with riding tights.

And I wear my shirt out, as did Mr Red when he was riding, unless competing, not that it matters either way as it is all personal choice.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So now we have two users who haven't posted on the forum before engaging in a discussion about how much someone penis and testicles are showing in their riding gear, as their first contribution to the forum?

Guy(s?).

It's 2021,

NOBODY CARES!

Last edited:

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
So now we have two users who haven't posted on the forum before engaging in a discussion about how much someone penis and testicles are showing in their riding gear, as their first contribution to the forum?

Guys.

It's 2021 NOBODY CARES!

No, no, you don't understand. How dare a male have such "parts" *clutches pearls* I can't even say the names!

And then ....and then said MALE is going to wear clothes that are comfortable? Good Lord. That's absurd.

Only females can wear tight clothes, show off their shapes, and/or make decisions on equestrian fashion. Duh.

Males having parts...wearing comfortable athletic gear that allows them to enjoy their sport.

*shudders*

*tongue placed firmly in cheek

Dude can wear leggings with pink flamingos on them and a half tucked Hawaiian shirt if he wants to. If you don't like it...you do know that you can change the direction of your stare, right? We've got a neck that turns ...movable eyeballs...

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Dude can wear leggings with pink flamingos on them and a half tucked Hawaiian shirt if he wants to. If you don't like it...you do know that you can change the direction of your stare, right? We've got a neck that turns ...movable eyeballs...

NO! Hawaiian shirts are worn not tucked in, and all other shirts are worn tucked in! That's it! Anything else is WRONG!!1!1!!!11!

Muddywellies

Visit site
I'm female and on the larger side and at the gym I wear lycra leggings. I feel a bit exposed as I spend my life hiding my wobbly bits, but I've got no choice. Can't really work out in jeans and a jumper. I would be absolutely horrified and never leave the house again, if someone took to a gym forum asking what people thought about larger ladies wearing lycra. Point I'm making is its no one's flipping business!!! As long as he's decent, then it's no one's concern what he's wearing. He's a bloke, he's probably got a package of some sort. Females tend to have boobs, yet many women really do put them out on show in skimpy tops. That's OK is it?? OP, I think you need something to worry about, rather than judging people on what they wear!!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm female and on the larger side and at the gym I wear lycra leggings. I feel a bit exposed as I spend my life hiding my wobbly bits, but I've got no choice. Can't really work out in jeans and a jumper. I would be absolutely horrified and never leave the house again, if someone took to a gym forum asking what people thought about larger ladies wearing lycra. Point I'm making is its no one's flipping business!!! As long as he's decent, then it's no one's concern what he's wearing. He's a bloke, he's probably got a package of some sort. Females tend to have boobs, yet many women really do put them out on show in skimpy tops. That's OK is it?? OP, I think you need something to worry about, rather than judging people on what they wear!!

Gosh I sure do miss the gym. Been closed since November ?

Anyho, at the gym, and as with most other sporting, you wear what is comfortable and functional. Of course you have some people that really go nuts with it, but it's whatever.

Widgeon

Visit site

This has become my favourite thread for AGES. Hello All! Regarding the shirt-tucking-in question, it's a perpetual problem. Personally I go for tucked in with proper jodphurs, left out with riding tights or leggings. Mainly because if you're not wearing a belt (which you can't with leggings), tucked in looks a bit messy to me. And the waistband of riding tights is so tight that the fabric lumps up and looks messy. I would go with shirt in or out depending on what's more comfortable and you think is smarter. If people are looking at you that's their problem....although I'm sure we're all well aware of how unpleasant it is to be stared at like that so if it makes you feel less conspicuous that's a valid reason for wearing a longer shirt.

It's strange that the UK has less male riders than most other countries.

I definitely think we have fewer male amateurs, most of the yards I've been on have been 80% female at best - usually more like 100%.

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
right

i am going to answer most of the questions in one go

yes there is not much choice of mens wear cavallo being the best i have found £££
that is possibly because there is not that many men riding i know of about 8 men who ride
i now have 5 pair`s of tights / 2 pair of legging witch i would wear as well and various jeggings

and no i have not worn a skirt i have worn / own a kilt

i don`t want to offend any one (modern day snowflakes) as long as i am not displaying my self i don't see any problem

on the subject of cheaper wear i do wear jeggings thay do the same thing for me and aren't as tight they are good for yard work and a can wear the with or with out tall boots

Ok I've just googled the brand, and mate, you are on display wearing those things, lol! :) Im laughing so much right now, this is a great thread!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Now that I do complain about when I'm in a cafe, sat down, and they walk past me with it all at eye height just as I'm about to enjoy a bite of my BLT ?
The village shop has recently started selling bacon butties and drinks and last week when it was warm it was swarming with men in very tight cycling leggings. Quite an eyeful while buying my milk.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I'm just disappointed there are no pics ;)

:)

I looked at OP and All, just in the interests of deciding if it is just a wind up or not, and I can tell you that there are photos. Not a prop forward rugby player, more of a front row man, I am guessing. But it looks like a real person, in breeches.