H&H not arriving on time

Supertrooper

Visit site
I cancelled my subscription this morning, have to say that the gentleman I spoke to was very helpful. I told him why I was cancelling and he said he would pass details of my complaint on xx

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I have just done a 12 mile trip to collect my post from the sorting office and was thrilled and delighted to find last week's H&H there too - all six boring pages of it. What a waste of money, I'll be cancelling later on today :(

And where is the response to all these posts then?

Mari

Visit site
I haven't had my copy for 2 weeks & I didn't get Farmers Guardian last week either. Someone somewhere knows what the problem is, no good H&H blaming RM & RM blaming weather. Funny but my Christmas cards & junk mail are still popping through letterbox. If I buy the missing H&H from my local newsagent can I get a refund from my subscription? Which I also have paid for 10+ years & have read H&H for at least 30 yrs. maybe time I changed to another mag!

Carramore

New User
Visit site
I am still missing the last 2 weeks magazines, in all that time we have had 1 day of snow.However today it has snowed quite heavily so I expect that will be the cue to not get my H&H until 2011

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
PS Admin, I stopped buying H&H years ago due to it being 99% rubbish. But I work in the KT15 postcode and believe you me, the idea of Royal Mail (or any of the UK's major courier services. Hell, even NHS internal mail has been turning up, on time, three times a day, ready to make my life hell!) having difficulties delivering sacks and sacks of mail is a distant dream.

Stop passing the buck, your service sucks, your magazine sucks, when are you going to sort it out?

Violet

Visit site
My 9th December and 16th December copies have still not arrived. I rang Subscriptions last week and they were going to send me another 9th in the post but that one has not arrived yet either...
I've got every copy of the H & H since 1984 in my house but I might now end up with two copies missing.
I must agree with an earlier poster that the contents is becoming a little bit Hello like and not as many pure horse news and results as it used to be. With the internet it might be time to rethink if it is any point in subscribing in the future.

My postie told me on Saturday that our postal distribution centre (Doncaster) is being under threat of closure and therefore not forwarding the magazines quickly enough.

DW Team

Visit site
Still no H&H thats 3 weeks any yet petrol station has had copies on the Thurs. Am cancelling mine. We have had postal delivery every day even when had lots of snow. May be more of us should vote with our feet. Come on admin do something. You seem to offer nothing to those of us who have been loyal subscribers for years.

Doris68

Visit site
I'm under-whelmed - I've now received my H&H for 16th December, however, am still awaiting 9th December issue!!

Can I really be bothered to ring a number and then be told I will receive a back issue which will be neither use nor ornament? - somehow, I don't think so.

This is happening ALL over the UK and no one seems to be doing anything about it - what ever happened to that old adage "The Customer is King".....??

zizz

Visit site
I was bought the subscription as a gift, but won't be asking for it again, I haven't had the mag delivered for three weeks yet my postman has only missed two days due to the weather.

Cedars

Visit site
Complete joke, we're still getting all our other post! So, unless the problem is that you cannot get it from the printers TO the post office (in which case, own up!!), then the rest is lies, I'm afraid...!

nbred

Visit site
still waiting for mine too!!! very disappointed! and there was me thinking it was my boyfriend hiding it!!

proudwilliam

Visit site
Got p****d off trying to contact IPC two weeks ago that was before the snow! Dec 9th edition arrived today.!!!!!!
My OH's Shooting Times always arrives on time so why not Horse and Hound.???

ballmorph

New User
Visit site
Blaming the weather and the increased December post is simply nonsense, the rest of our post arrives on time and they have the current issue of H&H in the local shops, sort it out or you'll seriously damage your readership! After about 6 weeks of having to wait up until Monday for my copy, I have regretfully cancelled my subscription.

Violet

Visit site
My replacement copy for the 9th arrived today. No sign of original copies of 9th & 16th.
I have also had a reply to my email to Subscriptions today saying they will not replace any issues but extend the subscription. I am not sure how it works on a rolling subscription though and I shall have to try to find the copy from last week at my local newsagent.

smac

Visit site
I have had endless problems, when our house was being re-built we rented a house that shard the drive way to the sorting office. First name terms with the posties and still didnt get it until Fri or sat, became a running joke- however this was the most consistent, interestingly the post office next door normally seemed to have it by end of thursday.

The tack shop up the road stocks it and they have sometimes not recieved it until MONDAY!! Theres however comes through DHL. They also told me that any copies they dont sell they send back the front covers and only get invoiced for what they have sold.

Being a good customer of the shop, I have decided to cancel my subscription and pick up a coverless copy on the following Thurs- after all only a couple of days later than I would normally get it.

We are not on the post list however we did miss acouple of days post, and now our postie leaves our post with the neighbour as our drive is rather long and icy so we collect at somepoint once a day. I have to say though I never had this problem with Eventing magazine, however when oh phoned a couple of months ago to cancel h&h he did eventing by mistake- cant say I have missed anything other than the paper basket next to the fire place is looking a little lighter than it has in the past!!

Milanesa

Visit site
it is now wednesday and mine still hasn't arrived from last week! NEXT COPY DUE OUT TOMORROW! How annoying and depressing, would be nice to here ipc response to this obvious issue.

Rachellouise1

Visit site
I'm the same as you pony person, still waiting for last weeks........ it's now Wednesday!! We got post last Thursday and then next time we got some was yesterday and we are all managing to get into work etc, etc!!!

Kokopelli

Visit site
I stopped my subscription about a year ago. There is a news agents at my college so I just buy it on a weekly basis, much easier then faffing around with late copies and you can have a flick through it to see if its any good.

Some weeks are excellent some not so great! Sort it out H&H.

May I just ask does anyone miss the back page picture? I don't like the new back page at all.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
:mad: Mine still isnt here :mad: so fed up with the rubbish service- i know my address isnt 100% correct- which the people on the phone INSIST they have corrected but the postcode and house number are- so why no magazine :confused: :mad:

BET this doesnt make the top 10 posts...:rolleyes:

bugsysmum

Visit site
I haven't had last week's yet. Can anyone tell me the number to call to cancel the subscription as it's been rubbish service for weeks and is so out of date that I can't justify spending the money any more.

katrid16

Visit site
I think horse and Hound perhaps needs to change it's subscription subscriber I too have subscibed for years and it always arrived on time now I am lucky if it arrives at all last weeks arrived today ( weds ) and I am wondering if I will get this weeks before Christmas I think I will be cancelling my subscription as a weekly mag is out of date quick

lily1

Visit site
My copy of H&H has been late arriving since November & no I dont live out in the "sticks" all my other post arrives daily, its disappointing because I see it in the supermarket on thursday and wonder that maybe I should cancel my subs and go and get it!

Violet

Visit site
I received the 9th December copy of Horse & Hound today but did not get todays (23rd) copy. 16th December has yet to appear, bought it at local newsagent yesterday.
Post has arrived every day since the 6th!