Haycube

holeymoley

Visit site
I've asked for delivery info or tracking and they've read it but not replied. Seem interested in the money but not too fussed on the aftercare...

NooNoo59

Visit site
Although I love the idea, it does not completely drain even when tipped up which is hard when it is full of wet hay. Also does not wheel very easily as if dont tip it enough it wont move and if you tip it too much the drain hole gets in the way so I find the wheeling angle not good for my lower back. The hay in the bottom is very wet and gets left which is wasteful.

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Although I love the idea, it does not completely drain even when tipped up which is hard when it is full of wet hay. Also does not wheel very easily as if dont tip it enough it wont move and if you tip it too much the drain hole gets in the way so I find the wheeling angle not good for my lower back. The hay in the bottom is very wet and gets left which is wasteful.

The new ones also have holes in the back of the top of the cube near the handle so you can lie it down on it's "back" and the last bits of water can drain out through these additional holes.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've finally heard from a very apologetic Haycube company. There are problems with the manufacture and supply of Haycubes at the moment so I was offered and will accept a refund. I will reorder them at a later date if the supply glitches get sorted.

holeymoley

Visit site
Did you order a brand new or a seconds one? Mine was a seconds so expected them to be there and ready to ship.

holeymoley

Visit site
So apparently regardless if they were new or seconds the same thing has happened to them all. Being sent today and delivered tomorrow? Who knows.

Farma

Visit site
Has anyones horse ever stood in one? also does anyone know how many sections of hay you can fit in?

I currently put hay on the floor because my horse is a liability with a haynet and I have to wet it in a wheelbarrow first so one of these would be great!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yes my oldie got into hers - multiple times, but only got stuck once :p The plastic is slightly flexible so it didn't break and she was fine. She climbs into everything though... is routinely found standing in the field trough, for example :wink3:

Newbie has custody of my haycube now, when I first got her I gave her a haynet and she got a foot stuck in it straight away :eek: but she hasn't got into the haycube.

I haven't used small bales for ages but I think I got about 4 sections one way and then another couple wedged down the side. I've always fed ad lib and do the same with the haycube, there's plenty of room when you pack it properly :)

holeymoley

Visit site
I don't use sections so can't comment, it can hold 7kg apparently. It is pretty huge! Really pleased with it so far.

holeymoley

Visit site
I love it! Didn't move in the stable at all and pony seems to like not having to haul at a haynet. It's really heavy to move when it's filled with water and you do need to tip it a bit at the end to get the excess water out but I think it's great!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Mine has just arrived.

I know the owner had some problems with the distribution company earlier this week, but I cannot fault the customer service - kept me informed and sent it PDQ as soon as they could.

Can't wait to try it :)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Really? 😳 seriously annoying. I hear their customer service is pretty dire but I’d get in touch if it’s within a year. Maybe splash it over their fb page?

holeymoley

Visit site
Customer service was dire when I ordered, it took weeks. I may do that, it seems to be at the feet, the plastic has wore? I don’t even wheel it, I dump the haynets in it and use it for soaking only, then it goes about 2ft to get drained. It stays in the same place for pretty much 24hours a day!