healing vibes for my boy

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Thankyou all, so much for your kind words and vies and hugs. I am getting support from friends, not so much from hubby as he doesn't understand how us horse lovers get so attached to them, so does not show emotions to me.

Update:

I had literally just finished lunging my mare, which is one of my boys herd. I had asked her to whoah!!!! just dropped the lunge whip to roll up lunge line when (the only way to keep phone close and safe is in my bra) the phone rings and Royal Veterinary College shows up on my screen.

Shaking I answered it. The slightly more softer head of RVC Equine voice came on and said

" how are you, and I answered her"

Well He survived the surgery - he is up on his feet - The surgeon was please with the " technical word he" cutting out/ removing the damaged/ unhappy bit of intestines. The next word was a shock - his intestines appeared to be movingo_O. This was not moving before. So that is where we are now, she will call tomorrow morning, but he was in a better place than he was before.

Nice to hear other horses recovered on here it helps to read the posts so thankyou..

Now I know lots of peeps would not do colic surgery once let alone twice. We all think different, but I gave my donkey a chance and she did not make it but I tried for her bless her, and the nice thing "head of RVC Equine" remembered my donkey.

I had to give my boy a chance, he is healthy and was ridden the day before. At least now I know in my Heart I did the only thing left to try to give him a chance, and it does not work out I know I tried I won't let him suffer.

My next big pray on the call is he is ok when I get the call and the reflux is going down and his heart/ goes down. Baby steps, I know the prognoses is poor on the second surgery, but some horses beat the odds. I hope my little man is one of them as he is a tough boy and all his girls and his male old buddy of 32 all respect him and miss him.

Also on my plate is my other mare has to go for Manaka Flexor tear surgery on the 15th, as without it the tear will continue to flap around, and will make her uncomfortable, and they would like to do something to the navicular bone, as I think she has calcified on the back, so two birds with one stone. She currently is on box rest to get inflammation down before her tendon block Friday to see if it is this tear only causing the problems.

Wow this is one of the longest posts I have written, this is my mare who is on box rest, such a nice mare been used and abused in her younger days and discarded once she had navicular, then she came to a nice girl who I got her from who was a nice dealer. She has a home for life now

OKAY:

Another update - just got a call 2 minutes ago from RVC, he's not looking good now, heart rate too high and fluid in the stomach - he may not make it through the night. I most likely get a call in the night - I am aware of it, though not prepare.

If it does happen i may not be able to update you till late in the day as i will be too upset and trying to get his cctv footage of onto hard drive with cctv people helping.

bye for now ........ :(

Laurac13

Visit site
You have done your best and more for your boy, I am praying for a miracle for your boy, and I send you big hugs ?. I will be thinking of you both tonight xx

ozpoz

Visit site
You are doing every possible thing you can. I absolutely wish for a good outcome for your boy. Xx

SO1

Visit site
Sorry to hear his heart rate is raised. I hope he pulls through and this is a temporary blip.

I am thinking of you. You are doing all you can. I expect I may be localish to you if RVC are your hospital if there is any support I can give you do reach out.

Thankyou all, so much for your kind words and vies and hugs. I am getting support from friends, not so much from hubby as he doesn't understand how us horse lovers get so attached to them, so does not show emotions to me.

Update:

I had literally just finished lunging my mare, which is one of my boys herd. I had asked her to whoah!!!! just dropped the lunge whip to roll up lunge line when (the only way to keep phone close and safe is in my bra) the phone rings and Royal Veterinary College shows up on my screen.

Shaking I answered it. The slightly more softer head of RVC Equine voice came on and said

" how are you, and I answered her"

Well He survived the surgery - he is up on his feet - The surgeon was please with the " technical word he" cutting out/ removing the damaged/ unhappy bit of intestines. The next word was a shock - his intestines appeared to be movingo_O. This was not moving before. So that is where we are now, she will call tomorrow morning, but he was in a better place than he was before.

Nice to hear other horses recovered on here it helps to read the posts so thankyou..

Now I know lots of peeps would not do colic surgery once let alone twice. We all think different, but I gave my donkey a chance and she did not make it but I tried for her bless her, and the nice thing "head of RVC Equine" remembered my donkey.

I had to give my boy a chance, he is healthy and was ridden the day before. At least now I know in my Heart I did the only thing left to try to give him a chance, and it does not work out I know I tried I won't let him suffer.

My next big pray on the call is he is ok when I get the call and the reflux is going down and his heart/ goes down. Baby steps, I know the prognoses is poor on the second surgery, but some horses beat the odds. I hope my little man is one of them as he is a tough boy and all his girls and his male old buddy of 32 all respect him and miss him.

Also on my plate is my other mare has to go for Manaka Flexor tear surgery on the 15th, as without it the tear will continue to flap around, and will make her uncomfortable, and they would like to do something to the navicular bone, as I think she has calcified on the back, so two birds with one stone. She currently is on box rest to get inflammation down before her tendon block Friday to see if it is this tear only causing the problems.

Wow this is one of the longest posts I have written, this is my mare who is on box rest, such a nice mare been used and abused in her younger days and discarded once she had navicular, then she came to a nice girl who I got her from who was a nice dealer. She has a home for life now

OKAY:

Another update - just got a call 2 minutes ago from RVC, he's not looking good now, heart rate too high and fluid in the stomach - he may not make it through the night. I most likely get a call in the night - I am aware of it, though not prepare.

If it does happen i may not be able to update you till late in the day as i will be too upset and trying to get his cctv footage of onto hard drive with cctv people helping.

bye for now ........ :(

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Loads of vibes for you and your boy. Please take care of yourself.
My friend's horse had two colic surgeries. He's happy and healthy. I really hope it does the trick for you.

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh jeez what a traumatic and difficult time both you and your poor lad are having. ?

I'm sending every healing vibe possible under the sun, and pray for a positive update as soon as you are able to.

Take care xx

PurBee

Visit site
? heartbreaking news…you’ve been through so much. I’m so sorry…he had the best owner fighting all the way for him.
big hug X

fankino04

Visit site
Utterly heartbroken for you, there are no words but at least you know you gave him every chance possible whilst not prolonging his suffering, he was blessed to have you xx