horse communicators and reason out the window

FionaM12

Visit site
I think I actually have the gift. Does anyone on here have a bay horse? I'm getting a strong image of a bay in a field, he's telling me he would like more mollassed mixes, but knows you only restrict them for his own good. I'm also getting the vision of a brick building, & a shovel near-by, & some buckets too. The horse says he prefers rolling without a rug, & he remembers the time he farted whilst you were grooming. For anyone else wanting a reading, I can pm my paypal account.

OMG Littlelegs that is amazing! I mean, it's so obviously Mollie, I can tell. Except she's a she... but still... everything else is just on the button! :eek::eek:

Oh but she doesn't wear a rug... still she's probably telling me she doesn't want to... Fantastic! What else does she say? :eek:

*paypal account at the ready....* :p:p

Littlelegs

Visit site
'he' was a typo, I meant she. Molly used to wear a rug, with a previous owner but is happier now she doesn't. She is also starting to lose her winter coat slightly. She tells me you once lost a hoofpick, although I'm not sure whether she is saying before or since you had her. She prefers carrots to wormer. And there's been a gelding she didn't like. There was also a chestnut mare in her life before you had her, either on the same yard or within a 40mile radius, & a shetland pony. She also is giving me the image of metal stirrup irons. Unfortunately my crystal ball drains the electric meter too much for me to be more specific without a payment.

Mr Nick

Visit site
I know why don't you hang them!!
You can all shout 'Witch Witch' and laugh as they swing around on the end of the noose. Then you can cheer and laugh some more and say snide remarks and look down on other peoples beliefs.
Oh except witch hunts were banned in the 1750's.. apart from on forums it would seem.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves, your adults not a pack of neanderthals. Wether you are for or against communicators there is never any need to belittle other people for what they think.

witch-hunt also witch hunt (wchhnt)
n.
An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.

crikey Firewell thats a bit of an overreaction. have a look at my original post - an animal communicator told an owner her horse was homophobic. Nobody wants hang anyone but surely that kind of attribution is worthy of comment and query?

Now any communicators out there who could do a spot of equality and diversity training?;)

Booboos

Visit site
Lol.....I am not upset in the slightest.....

I never said that you implied I wasnt allowed an opinion.....however, your tone appeared fairly mocking....

Some people have had experiences, not necessarily with animal communicators...but with other so-called 'paranormal' or unexplainable phenomenon. Just because things cannot be proven, doesnt mean they don't happen or exist...

I am open to the idea that science cannot prove everything and that there is more to the world and logic, reason and rationale....

You quite obviously are not, which is fair enough....

My tone was not mocking, my tone was intellectually challenging. If I disagree with someone who takes part in a discussion I challenge their views and expect the same from them. If they provide good arguments I revise my views.

When someone claims to read a horse's mind I only have reason to rely upon to evaluate the claim. What is more plausible,

that this person has a mystical ability that defies the laws of physics and logic, that cannot be replicated in experimental settings, that often results in mistakes and/or generalisations and can be easily explained through well known techniques for conning people,

or that they are lying?

Reason suggests they are lying. What do you rely on to conclude that they have the mystical ability?

Goldenstar

Visit site
My tone was not mocking, my tone was intellectually challenging. If I disagree with someone who takes part in a discussion I challenge their views and expect the same from them. If they provide good arguments I revise my views.

When someone claims to read a horse's mind I only have reason to rely upon to evaluate the claim. What is more plausible,

that this person has a mystical ability that defies the laws of physics and logic, that cannot be replicated in experimental settings, that often results in mistakes and/or generalisations and can be easily explained through well known techniques for conning people,

or that they are lying?

Reason suggests they are lying. What do you rely on to conclude that they have the mystical ability?

I cannot explain the experiance I had , I have thought about it a lot over the years and I can find no logical explanation .

Superhot

Visit site
Just because someone can do something you can't explain, doesn't make it witchcraft, hocus pocus or anything else. It just means you don't understand it. Yes, there are charlatans, as there are in all walks of life, but don't deride what you can't explain. If someone derives reassurance from a communicator, perhaps even peace from a communicator, is it so wrong, particularly if they don't get charged for the service? I did go on a course to try and learn the skill, but when given a photo of a horse and asked what I could sense, I had to be totally honest and say nothing. However, a few other students could feel things, and when they talked about this, the owners of the animals would say whether or not they were right. Very interesting...

Mr Nick

Visit site
Just because someone can do something you can't explain, doesn't make it witchcraft, hocus pocus or anything else. It just means you don't understand it. Yes, there are charlatans, as there are in all walks of life, but don't deride what you can't explain. If someone derives reassurance from a communicator, perhaps even peace from a communicator, is it so wrong, particularly if they don't get charged for the service? I did go on a course to try and learn the skill, but when given a photo of a horse and asked what I could sense, I had to be totally honest and say nothing. However, a few other students could feel things, and when they talked about this, the owners of the animals would say whether or not they were right. Very interesting...

And that's called guessing. No?

Goldenstar

Visit site
And that's called guessing. No?

Well that's what I would say but in my experiance the person didnot know me lived a long way away and the thing she told me ( not to do woth the horse we discussed ) was so private it left me seriously spooked.

Littlelegs

Visit site
For all I'm taking the mick, & I usually only go by scientific, logical explanations, I do actually believe psychic power exists, although I'm not sure what the scientific explanation is. I think its rare, & I also think its something hard to switch on & off at will. Otherwise things like missing children could be easily solved everytime. I do also think with animal communicators, even those who are genuinely gifted, its the owner they read, whether they realise it or not. I don't think its a magical, unexplainable gift. I think its more like the way most people 'just know' & pick up on things about their loved ones. Maybe combined with body language so subtle that no human really realises it exists. Like horses can say whole paragraphs to each other without obvious body language signals. Maybe people can also communicate whole paragraphs without speaking or any other obvious signals, but most of us just don't know how.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Just another thought, over time there have been many things that have not been provable by 'science', but people had sufficiently open minds to explore the possibility that they may still be true. Until we had microscopes we could not proove the existance of microscopic animals, maybe we just haven't got the correct equipment for measure whatever forces may be there for long range communication to work. While I was sceptical about this I did have the strange experience myself, of 'seeing' the locations where the trauma happened, of childhood trauma survivors, before they described them to me. I have to say the first time that happened I was seriously spooked :eek: I have now got used to it. I cannot proove that I do it, but both me and my clients know I can.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just another thought, over time there have been many things that have not been provable by 'science', but people had sufficiently open minds to explore the possibility that they may still be true. Until we had microscopes we could not proove the existance of microscopic animals, maybe we just haven't got the correct equipment for measure whatever forces may be there for long range communication to work. While I was sceptical about this I did have the strange experience myself, of 'seeing' the locations where the trauma happened, of childhood trauma survivors, before they described them to me. I have to say the first time that happened I was seriously spooked :eek: I have now got used to it. I cannot proove that I do it, but both me and my clients know I can.

That's interesting, I know ( whatever the doubters think ) that I never discussed any of my dead horses with this lady how she knew these details is just beyond me.

Superhot

Visit site
Little legs, how can communicators read the owners when they don't always meet them? They just send a photo. I agree about missing children. I did ask a famous psychic about a missing child once, and her answer left me in no doubt she didn't really have a clue. I remember a series on TV some years ago when they gave 6 or so mediums different tests to see if any of them really had the gift. Anyone else remember it?

Flame_

Visit site
That's interesting, I know ( whatever the doubters think ) that I never discussed any of my dead horses with this lady how she knew these details is just beyond me.

Had you talked about your horses online? Maybe done any interviews about them? Had there ever been a magazine feature on your yard, even just a photo advert or something? Maybe you and she had some mutual connections? Could you have given her more clues when talking to her than you realized?

Doesn't everybody watch the mentalist? :cool: And surely telepathy with horses (especially dead ones ;) ) must be even harder than with people? :p

Trinity Fox

Visit site
I have to say I am not a believer in this sort of thing, I was at a country show a couple of years ago and was at a stall that was quiet the people were nice and they flogged me a book about a guy who believed all horses were affected by past lives they had, I bought it really because I felt sorry for them and I like a read.
It was a good read funny and quite heart warming but a bit bonkers, it featured lot's of places local to me so I thought it a good purchase, said man was doing a talk as part of borders festival of the horse so we thought why not go and see him.

Well the book was a bit bonkers the talk was crazy:eek: I am talking goblins fairies and aliens , I did try and ask him a couple of sensible questions and he just never gave an answer just skirted round the question. I do think he believed what he was talking about, he was an elderly gentleman and had been involved in this sort of thing for many years but it was pretty loopy.
Most of the people there hung on his every word one woman asked what was wrong with her pony as it nipped the kid and was a little toad mmm try being stricter with it.
He was a really nice man and I think believed what he was saying but it was nuts, if you do like that sort of thing have a read of his book it is Nod whispers by peter Neilson, even if you don't it is worth a light read.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
how is it that normally sane and rational people let their reason go out of the window when it comes to horse communicators?

Now Ive heard about a lot of rubbish spouted by these people but one has told someone I know (and have a lot of respect for) that their horse is homophobic. REally. And I think she may be buying it.:eek:

QR My horse was supposed to be Autistic according to the one and only reading I had done. Laughed for ages about that one!! I almost changed his name to Dustin Horseman after Rainman!

Flame_

Visit site
I remember a series on TV some years ago when they gave 6 or so mediums different tests to see if any of them really had the gift. Anyone else remember it?

I watched the BS detective, he was fab. He got people to lie there while he healed them with crystals (which were sweets :D ) and people kept agreeing with him how they were definitely working and they were feeling so much better. He also did mediums and put some BS back-story about someone being trampled to death by a horse and carriage at a hotel online. He got a medium in who started talking about it in the place it was supposed to have happened. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

Goldenstar

Visit site
Had you talked about your horses online? Maybe done any interviews about them? Had there ever been a magazine feature on your yard, even just a photo advert or something? Maybe you and she had some mutual connections? Could you have given her more clues when talking to her than you realized?

Doesn't everybody watch the mentalist? :cool: And surely telepathy with horses (especially dead ones ;) ) must be even harder than with people? :p

No it was pre HHO when the ironing was done and the house was in order.
Honestly no one knew the thing she told me it was deeply disturbing , we only discussed one horse .
The spooky things she told me where about horses that where dead.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Superhot, I assume the owner would have some form of communication with the psychic, even if just on the phone. Nearly every seemingly genuine story I've heard involves the communicator relating something the owner already knows, hence the proof its genuine. And I think they get that from the owner. Horses don't communicate in daily life with words we as humans use, so I don't see why they would psychically communicate with our words either. Eg a horse wouldn't think of a companion as 'the 15hh chestnut tb mare' or 'I don't enjoy 24/7 stabling'. Therefore I think it has to be the owner who is being read.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Superhot, I assume the owner would have some form of communication with the psychic, even if just on the phone. Nearly every seemingly genuine story I've heard involves the communicator relating something the owner already knows, hence the proof its genuine. And I think they get that from the owner. Horses don't communicate in daily life with words we as humans use, so I don't see why they would psychically communicate with our words either. Eg a horse wouldn't think of a companion as 'the 15hh chestnut tb mare' or 'I don't enjoy 24/7 stabling'. Therefore I think it has to be the owner who is being read.

But how can someone who has never met someone know something that no one else knew something the person did alone , not linked to the horse that was discussed .
I can explain it I am sure If this person employed a detective they could have found out I had a grey and a chestnut who where PTS and the chestnut was going blind however whether it was worth it for £ 50 when i did not ask about those horses But what I thought about sitting on a wall on my own that's what I can't explain.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have posted about this before, so some people may remember it but NO-ONE knew about the events before I posted.

My sister had some dealings with a horse communicator, as a favour to someone who needed 'subjects' that she didn't know. After the initial session, the communicator updated sister with things that the horse had communicated to her from time to time.
Amongst other things, the communicator talked about 'the dog in the barrel'. Sister couldn't really make any sense of that and forgot about it but the subject came up again, the barrel was blue, the horse, insistent. After a while the dog was said to be laughing in the blue barrel. When questioned further, the dog was described as a JRT.
Sister realised that the horse/communicator must be talking about the JRT which died in her sleep at home in the middle of very cold winter. We put the body into a blue barrel with a tight fitting lid and kept it in the yard until the weather warmed up enough for us to be able to dig a hole and bury her. We always used to describe this very cheerful little dog as laughing.
We had certainly not advertised the fact that we had a frozen dog's body in a barrel in our yard but the horse passed it every day going to and from the stable to the field.

We do not understand everything - if we did there would be nothing more to learn. IMO the people who are most likely to discover new things are those with open minds.

ETA As for the language used; I speak to my mare in English but she was brought up in Germany/Holland. She seems to understand what I say, which is probably no surprise to any-one when I ask her to move over and accompany this with a push. What takes a bit more explaining is how she knw what I meant the day I told her I was going to fill the filed water buckets and I would appreciate it if she would make sure that her compnions didn't come to 'help' as I didn't want to be squashed. That day she stood just inside the gate of the field where the herd was grazing, they didn't come past her into the other field where I was filling the trugs. Since then I have deliberately not said anything about it before filling the trugs, she has been grazing at the other side of the field and the Appy has come to have a drink from the hose-pipe as I knew she would. I imagine that my mare 'read' the pictures in my mind as I was talking, as I really can't think that she truly understood the words.

Last edited:

Booboos

Visit site
Pearlsasinger: I think the clue in your story is the bit where you say that your sister couldn't really make sense of that...until she did. The communicator told her something vague and general, your sister added in the details. It is an extremely well known phenomenon that we fill in our memories to make more sense of them and revise them in light of these new interpretations. Out of interest what was your horse's interest in the dog, why did he bring it up? I would imagine your horse would be astounded to come across a communicator who could talk to him directly and delighted at the opportunity to convey his thoughts back to you, after all with the best of intentions we do misunderstand our animals, so here was the opportunity to tell you everything he ever wanted...and he focused on a dog in a barrel. Why was he so interested in the dog? Did he tell you anything more pressing and (frankly) more interesting?

The sad thing about the whole business is that our brains are exceptionally interesting, complex and incredible all on their own. There is so much for us to study and marvel at as things stand with no reason to invent implausible 'abilities'.

FionaM12

Visit site
Sorry, but people who post an "amazing" account which happened to them are not likely to convince the rest of us.

We only have your word your account's true (and most of us don't know you). Also we're not likely to be convinced there wasn't some way the ac knew the info other than from the horse's mouth (as it were).

I will continue to believe it's nonsense unless it could be proved in the following way (or something similar):

A number of horses are chosen who we could be sure the ac knew nothing about (including who they belonged to).

Those horses' pasts were known (but obviously, not to the ac) or could be checked.

The ac could only "talk" to the horses not their handlers or owners.

If I was personally shown the the ac was able to communicate with the horses with astonishing accuracy under those circumstances I'd review my opinion.

margaretb

Visit site
I had a communication done with P, initially nothing that was said seemed to have any relevance, the name Bonny kept cropping up, but I knew no-one of that name. I then got in contact with the previous owner and she told me that they had had a pet lamb that used to graze with P, and it was called Bonny.

Each to their own, if you want to spend your money on such things then so be it. I enjoyed my reading and it did help me with P.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site

Completely agree with this. I do believe in psychic ability, but it is the humans, not the horses that are being read.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have posted about this before, so some people may remember it but NO-ONE knew about the events before I posted.

My sister had some dealings with a horse communicator, as a favour to someone who needed 'subjects' that she didn't know. After the initial session, the communicator updated sister with things that the horse had communicated to her from time to time.
Amongst other things, the communicator talked about 'the dog in the barrel'. Sister couldn't really make any sense of that and forgot about it but the subject came up again, the barrel was blue, the horse, insistent. After a while the dog was said to be laughing in the blue barrel. When questioned further, the dog was described as a JRT.
Sister realised that the horse/communicator must be talking about the JRT which died in her sleep at home in the middle of very cold winter. We put the body into a blue barrel with a tight fitting lid and kept it in the yard until the weather warmed up enough for us to be able to dig a hole and bury her. We always used to describe this very cheerful little dog as laughing.

But that communicator would have been reading your sister, not the horse. You say yourself that 'we used to describe this very cheerful little dog as laughing'.

The horse does not understand such things. Even if you repeatedly talked about the dog as laughing in front of the horse (doubtful), the horse would not have a clue what you were talking about, and certainly would not then have been able to convey this to the communicator. If horses were able to do this, then we could simply do things such as explain how they should perform a passage, and then get on them and they would do it!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Goldenstar, I'm not saying the communicator didn't genuinely pick something up, but I think it was you she communicated with, rather than the horse.
We also don't actually know enough about the human brain to discount or prove it. We all have things buried in our memories, or our subconscious that we remember if its triggered. And we accept its 'normal' to have minor psychic communication with a loved one, eg answering a question that hasn't been asked etc. So I don't see its impossible for a small minority to be perceptive enough to extend that to people they don't know well.
I do think the opportunity to blag it is quite high though, certainly to get away with it with someone who hasn't dealt/met with a range of horses. I'm sure many of us pick up lots from the body language of a horse & person interacting, & given the inclination could put together a reasonably accurate back story that would fit. Eg I once caught a very scared horse (owner fell, horse ran & jumped back into field in full tack with reins dangling at flat out gallop). On the surface, owner was doing the exact same as me, yet I caught it, she couldn't. Imo because whilst acting the part, the owner was subconsciously tense thinking 'omg, please let me catch you before you hurt yourself' whereas I wasn't emotionally involved to that degree & it was easier to genuinely believe I would get it before it got hurt. And it simply picked up on the very subtle body language. However I could have easily blagged it being some psychic connection, given that some non numpty bystanders actually thought it was anyway. Likewise I've easily handled supposedly difficult horses, or made the decision to buy them, based on the owners body language & therefore whether or not the horse actually had a major problem. Again, given the inclination it would be easy to make up a back story that fitted.
However, I do think its possible some people have a gift that as yet we can't explain.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Pearlsasinger: I think the clue in your story is the bit where you say that your sister couldn't really make sense of that...until she did. The communicator told her something vague and general, your sister added in the details. It is an extremely well known phenomenon that we fill in our memories to make more sense of them and revise them in light of these new interpretations.

I'm sorry to contradict you, when you obviously have such fixed ideas but it was not my sister who added in the details, it was the horse/
communicator. I would have expected someone who was just dropping things into a conversation to gloss quickly over anything which the owner didn't pick up on straight away but in fact this all happened over amatter of months. There were many details far more relevant to the horse in early conversations but other things, not just the dog, were added later. I can assure you that both sister and I understand a great deal about how the human mind works, we both have qualifications and experience in phsychology. Howsever we do both keep open minds.

The sad thing about the whole business is that our brains are exceptionally interesting, complex and incredible all on their own. There is so much for us to study and marvel at as things stand with no reason to invent implausible 'abilities'.

I find the sad thing is that some people are unaware of how much we do not know about how the brain works and have very fixed ideas based on the little that we have found out so far. IME the people who contribute most to the human race are those swho recognise that they do not know everything and are prepared to learn/discover new things, as the scientists in history did.

Last edited: