HOW DO MY HORSES HOOVES LOOK ??

mariebx19

Visit site
my mobile number is 07928288357-really not sure about doing this now because i dont think i could cope if i lost them,have recently had to put my loved rabbit to sleep and barely coped :( but the help would be good and to have someone knowledgable have a look at them and advise me on what could be done,because sometimes i do feel so alone in the situation but i just know i would never give them up,also domino can be really wary of anyone other than me checking him over so would like to be there when they are to let him know he is ok

Queenbee

Visit site
i will give you my number and they can contact me and i will give an adress and i know i cant that is why i asked on here.

If you want to do that, pm me with it and I will pass it on, I truly think that they can help you, not take them away, but help you get a plan in place to get them (especially the youngster) in tip top shape... They will support you and help you.

slumdog

Visit site
Now you're making decisions for their benefit and not yours however hard it is on you, so good for you op. You're starting to sound much more mature and sensible. Good luck.

TPO

Visit site
Please take the post with your number down, anyone could see it. Just pm Queenbee. You need to be careful as your field location is very easy to find from what you've posted already. You don't want randoms phoning you or tracing your address

TPO

Visit site
Click the edit button. I can't see it on my phone so you may have to go on a pc/ laptop or maybe someone else can 'report' the post to admin to get it deleted. Better safe than sorry and sure Queenbee has a note of it now ;)

Queenbee

Visit site
Click the edit button. I can't see it on my phone so you may have to go on a pc/ laptop or maybe someone else can 'report' the post to admin to get it deleted. Better safe than sorry and sure Queenbee has a note of it now ;)
Op sent it to me by pm, I advised her to remove it from the main thread. :)

mariebx19

Visit site
omg i dont type a certain way,if i use caps it is actually usually to make something clearer not to be rude or to 'shout' or whatever through a computer:rolleyes: sometimes i forgot otr sometimes i simply just write in caps.

Pen_name

Visit site
omg i dont type a certain way,if i use caps it is actually usually to make something clearer not to be rude or to 'shout' or whatever through a computer:rolleyes: sometimes i forgot otr sometimes i simply just write in caps.

How can you forget you have caps on though? Surely once you've typed a word, you realise? (Genuinely puzzled by this. I look at the screen while typing and would spot it right away.)

It is also generally accepted that use of caps equals shouting, at least on forums.

Aarrghimpossiblepony

Visit site
How can you forget you have caps on though? Surely once you've typed a word, you realise? (Genuinely puzzled by this. I look at the screen while typing and would spot it right away.)

It is also generally accepted that use of caps equals shouting, at least on forums.

FFS, GIVE IT A BREAK.

Honestly, the OP has been put through the mill here, just look at those hysterical posts on the first page.

The fact that she has come back is bloody admirable of her.

And now her typing is being held up to scrutiny?

MaHats

Visit site

Marie: Earlier I suggested to you "Did you look at the information on the links above? look at picture VIII on the second link. "

Just to correct that, its the Second Link, and Picture VIII, but under the section - Bad soles. I didnt notice that there is more than one picture with the label VIII. Have a look, they are very interesting.

TrasaM

Visit site
FFS, GIVE IT A BREAK.

Honestly, the OP has been put through the mill here, just look at those hysterical posts on the first page.

The fact that she has come back is bloody admirable of her.

And now her typing is being held up to scrutiny?

Thank you for your common sense. Not commented before but followed this thread. Don't know much about hoofs so nothing I could contribute but quite disturbed at the harshness on some posts. Also amazed that Marie came back and continues to update and reply. She needs guidance now not more beating up.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE FARRIER TOMORROW MARIA ;)

katherine1975

Visit site
OP - Please let us know how you get on with the vet and the farrier. It would be good to hear what they say about your horses. I haven't read all the posts but I hope that you are not put off the forum as there are lots of knowledgeable people that can help you. I have learnt a lot from this forum.

Tern

Visit site
Cobbyhoofs - The thing is, she has them now and what she needs to do is learn. If she is willing to learn and there is someone willing to help her, then that will be the best thing for the horses.

That is true but she seems to be ignoring and being defensive to honest advice.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
That is true but she seems to be ignoring and being defensive to honest advice.

People have come down on her like a ton of bricks, which is not helpful or kind. Plus some of it was talking about pedal bones protruding through soles, which is not the case here (I can understand why people were worried about this though as the sole does seem to be shedding a callous and certainly looks abnormal).

You (not you specifically - I mean people in general) are more likely to be listened to if they present their advice in a calm manner.

The OP has also stated that she is getting the Farrier. I still believe that people should wait and see what the result of the Farriers visit is and try to not to scare the OP from updating us.

jessieblue

Visit site
Cut her some slack now people!! This young lady had furnished all of us with every detail that has been asked. She has given her private telephone number and contact information which she knew was going to be used to pass on to welfare organisations. How many people would do that?? She has taken some severely abusive attacks on everything from her horses feet to her typing!! Even including that her horse needs its tail and mane brushing WTF??? Does anyone actually respect the fact that she went through this thread one post at a time and personally replied to each and every question raised, without once being personal or abusive in response. She explained herself clearly and calmly and with respect for each and every poster involved! Shame on you if you cant give her the same respect back! Now she has the farrier booked for tomorrow and I believe she will be respectful enough to report back to us with the findings. Not sure I would bother to do the same. Apart from the obviously very insulting :rolleyes: caps lock, she is a bright and literate young lady.

Marie for my part I apologise, initially the photos and the following hysteria led me to fear for your horses wellbeing. I also wondered if you were a troll of some sort. I am sorry that I jumped to make judgements based on a picture and what other people said. I should know better. You handled yourself really well and I have no doubt you will do whatever you need to do to take care of your boys.

If anyone is assuming that she hasnt taken on board any of the advice (or orders) given, I fear that no one really knows what she is thinking apart from her, so please do not speak for someone else. From what I have read, she at no point said she disagreed with any of the advice or refused to get the help for the horses. Maybe she didnt do it to our schedule, but who the hell are we to make demands?

So enough now, lets all get on with our lives and let marie get on with the job in hand. I would like to think she can still ask for help - feel free to pm me anytime marie! This could possibly the most personally judgemental communication I have ever read online and I have read a few. Shocked!!

mariebx19

Visit site
thanks soo much for the nice comments,obviously i know you dont think my horses feet are perfect either but i really wasnt expecting everyone to say they were in great condition because i knew myself they werent and have said that from the first post.i have been so emotional for the past 2 days with all these comments-the good and the bad:eek: anyway i just thought i should let you know i contacted the vets through email with the photos and this is the reply i got-

Hi There,
The first horse (phoenix) seems to have white line disease and some xs toe which may be caused by chronic laminitis. would be worthwhile to be examined and possibly tested for the causes of laminitis. the second horse has xs toe and would benefit for further reduction of the toe by your farrier.

Hope this helps.

and i just found this photo on an ad on the computer of phoenix before i got him.just wanted to share.

mariebx19

Visit site
sorry another youtube video 'this is my 1 year with domino' it does last a while,feel free to watch,most of the bad times we have been through are in the middle section,although i didnt get him cantering into me or kicking me to the ground which is the most scariest moments with him:eek: but i just love this video-it shows some of the best moments and some of the worst:)

http://youtu.be/LkZbcXcPwaE

tjought id share but here is domino as a foal with his mum-13.2HH HIGHLAND X WELSH

DOMINO AS A FOAL

DOMINOS DAD-15-15.3HH TRADITIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT COB

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Pheonix's hooves weren't great when you bought him.

Lovely photos of Domino as a foal.

I think that you can sort this and end up with two beautiful cobs that are sound, healthy, happy and have excellent hooves.

The Vet certainly thinks that it's possible that Pheonix has suffered from laminitis. Laninitis needs to be taken very seriously. Get the Vet to look at him to make sure that there isn't any active now. He/she can also give medication to treat the White Line Disease (if this is the case) and give you advice on how to prevent any laminitis in the future. You will find lots of advice on preventing laminitis on here, but having someone see the horses and also see where they are kept, will be worth it. For example, you might need to get an electric fence kit to restrict their grazing when the grass is lush and give them some hay so they aren't hungry. Also exercise (walks in-hand as they are young) will help keep them slim and fit and also will be good for their hooves. :)

They will look much better and will be more comfortable when the Farrier has been. Discuss the Vets thoughts with the Farrier as he/she will be able to see any White Line Disease or signs of former/active Laminitis. Take some photos when their hooves are freshly trimmed as this will help you remember how they should be.

I also wanted to say that youngsters will lie down a lot more than adult horses, so this isn't always a sign of foot pain (although it can be if they are lying down more than than what is normal for them).

SuzanneD

New User
Visit site
I've not read the whole thread but here's my two cents. First - your horses can't be happy with feet looking the way they do. If I were you I'd get a qualified barefoot trimmer out, adjust diet to suit and take it from there. Diet really is crucial. It will take time but hopefully all will work out fine. I'd also get a vet out and do xrays to make sure there are no pedal bone displacement. I know money's tight sometimes but I live in a 3rd world country and if I can scrape and afford it I'm sure you could make a plan. Good luck.

abitodd

www.musicfordressage.net
Marie,I have watched the video and see a wonderful journey and amazing progress. He seems to have gone from a rather dangerous animal to a super and responsive pony.I can also see you developing your horse handling skills(your riding looked good from the beginning:))I suspect that you will now go on to learn about looking after him and his feet(not an easy task,cobs require more attention than a lot of people think and even the experts-vets,farriers,nutritionists etc- are still learning......as are all of us!)