Hunt coming through yard

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ok then perhaps you are reading a different thread to me. Let's just leave it at that thanks

I stand by my previous comments ?
Ok, so you have accused forum members of lying, but despite several requests you cannot point out any posts in which this is the case.

I call you out as the bull pooist.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
Wow ok then. If that is how you wish to take my comments despite me clarifying what I meant then that's fine. I don't think I'll be offering any further contributions to this discussion.
But thank you both for proving my earlier point perfectly.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Wow ok then. If that is how you wish to take my comments despite me clarifying what I meant then that's fine. I don't think I'll be offering any further contributions to this discussion.
But thank you both for proving my earlier point perfectly.

The thing is, to most/if not all, you didn't clarify anything. When you come in here with statements that people are writing BS, then you need to cite (there's a quote feature for this) the BS. It also weakens your argument when you don't. It makes it hard for people to take it seriously when you make a bold claim and just attach general statements such as "you know what I'm talking about" and whatnot. This goes for any thread/argument, it's not specific to this one.

It's possible that you felt you clarified enough, but for everyone else here, you did not. If you chose to not clarify further, ok then. If you want to leave the discussion or discontinue it, then do so. No need to declare it several times ?‍♀️ I don't understand that.

Also, what exactly was your point that was proven? I missed that.

If you can't see why other posters are frustrated with your bold call out, and can't quote any specifics, then yes, things are dead in the water at this point. If you feel it a tired discussion, then yes, I'd leave too.

ETA: for me this has nothing to do with hunting, just discussion in general. I would likely say the same in many other threads.

Equine_Dream

Visit site
Well when people are continuing to badger me to quote specific posts when I have already explained why I will not do so, and accusing me of saying people are lying when again I haven't once done so, and have explained what I meant by BS comment, then yes I am going to continue to defend myself and explain my points as far as I am prepared to do so. I will not quote specific people because I have had hunting related discussions with them previously and it has descended into pettiness (not by myself) and the same arguments that just go around and around in circles.

I stand by my view that there are comments on this thread that are tarring all hunts with the same brush. There are also assumptions made about those of us who hunt which are unfair. I'm not disputing anyone's personal experience but disagree with some comments that insinuate all hunts behave in this same manner. I also found it unfair that no one has mentioned disruption caused by anti hunt. This is what I meant by my initial posts. And for reasons stated above this is as far as I am prepared to explain and would appreciate if people could refrain from asking me to quote individuals.

I have tried to leave the discussion several times but when people are continue to bait me into an argument and put words in my mouth, I will continue to defend myself.

The point that I am referring to is that I avoid these threads as it feels like any dissenting voices are immediately ganged up on and shouted down.

Now I would appreciate it if this could be left. I would like to leave the discussion if I may, so would be grateful if this could be dropped? I stupidly thought I could offer a different POV in a hunting thread. I will not be making the same mistake again.

Reactions: L&M

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
You are literally free to leave whenever you'd like. People only bait you back in if you let them ;)

I appreciate your explanation and there's a few things we can just agree to disagree on.

I also don't like when people use a broad brush to paint an entire group as the same. So I can agree with that thought.

As for Sabs, it's a whole 'nother topic linked to this one ans a whole 'nother rabbit hole. Some actually did bring them up.

This discussion may or may not be left. You can feel free to leave and let it continue without you. If you can't, that's on you. I'll leave it now per your request, because I do think it is getting a bit circular ;)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I would like to leave the discussion if I may

This is, and always has been, in your own power to do.

I stupidly thought I could offer a different POV in a hunting thread.

I don't know how you thought it would be constructive to start that with a first post saying people were writing bullshit.

southerncomfort

Visit site
We have of course. We have invited them to watch the trail being laid and accompany our hounds. We don't have terriermen and haven't killed a fox for years. They are not interested.
I firmly believe sabs do not care about foxes whatsoever, but that is for another thread.
Again, I am only mentioning sabs because I feel if we want to discuss disruption caused by hunts to members of the public, then we also need to include the disruption caused by ALL hunt followers and that includes anti hunt to.

But sabs aren't likely to pass through OP's yard are they, and that's what this thread is about.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Good I am glad it went well .

I always find the ones who don’t hunt are fine unless they are out and nutters the hunters on the other hand …..

Wishfilly

Visit site
Glad it all went well on the day.

FWIW, my local(ish) hunt is one of the bad lot (as in hounds regularly out of control on a busy A road, will probably get people killed one day + killing people's domestic pets as a very minimum). The also (pretty openly) illegally hunt fox- as in hunt subscribers have openly told me this. Where I used to live, the hunt (to my knowledge, and I know people who go out with them) hunted legally, and also were pretty well behaved.

I have a theory that if you are hunting illegally, the sort of masters you attract have a certain sort of attitude, and that's where the other bad behaviour comes in. And perhaps the behaviour of the followers is similar too. I also think some hunts use the poor behaviour of the hounds as an "excuse" when they kill foxes- so the hounds aren't as well trained as they might be.

And I think that's why to some people on hunt it seems like we are describing nonsense, because their experience is very different.

The current local hunt can basically only exist because of one landowner (who owns a lot of land). They've been banned from a lot of other places.

Reactions: L&M