Hunting is in a spot of bother

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Good. More police forces have been stirred into action and are realising that many hunts are and have long been taking the p1ss with the hunting act.

Accident, my @rse.

It's really turned recently from presuming that the hunts are hunting legally and that the antis are always in the wrong. Thank you to the hunting community from providing the evidence themselves via the infamous webinars and subsequent developments,

A few slow coaches like Wilts police who are, at best, staggering along at the back still have a way to go.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
ITV news reporting the Norfolk arrests now, too.

Two men in their 20s from the Swaffham area have been arrested on suspicion of hunting a wild mammal with dogs, criminal damage and having a dog dangerously out of control.

The third man, aged in his 60s and from the Beccles area of Norfolk, was arrested on suspicion of hunting a wild mammal with dogs and having a dog dangerously out of control.

All three men have been taken to Wymondham police investigation centre for questioning and remain in custody.

The family told ITV News they feared what might have happened had their two young children been in the garden at the point the dogs came in.

They said the patio was left stained with blood after the fox was killed.

If the governing body had any intention of enforcing legal trail hunting in its registered packs it would automatically suspend such a hunt pending robust enquiries into what went wrong on the day.

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
ITV news reporting the Norfolk arrests now, too.

Two men in their 20s from the Swaffham area have been arrested on suspicion of hunting a wild mammal with dogs, criminal damage and having a dog dangerously out of control.

The third man, aged in his 60s and from the Beccles area of Norfolk, was arrested on suspicion of hunting a wild mammal with dogs and having a dog dangerously out of control.

All three men have been taken to Wymondham police investigation centre for questioning and remain in custody.

The family told ITV News they feared what might have happened had their two young children been in the garden at the point the dogs came in.

They said the patio was left stained with blood after the fox was killed.

If the governing body had any intention of enforcing legal trail hunting in its registered packs it would automatically suspend such a hunt pending robust enquiries into what went wrong on the day.
Just another " isolated incident" completely disgusting and unforgivable.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just ban it, there's no need for it to take place.

That way there can be none of these, seemingly extremely common "accidents". Wonder if these just scratch the surface and there are many other "accidents" being covered up...

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just ban it, there's no need for it to take place.

That way there can be none of these, seemingly extremely common "accidents". Wonder if these just scratch the surface and there are many other "accidents" being covered up

What would it even take for it to be banned? Someone dying? Feels a blind eye continues to be turned

Millionwords

Visit site
Evey time there is a new post about the hunts misdemeanors being followed up, I for one am glad.
Their attitude that the law is for other people, their disregard for the life of a creature, their arrogance, is all being brought to the fore for the world to see.

The only people they have to blame (even though they'll claim its anyone/everyone/sabs fault) is themselves.

When hunting is banned completely, to the detriment of clean boot hunts, it will be their fault. When those people shun them, it will be their fault, when they go out, with just master, whip and hounds, which I'm sure they will, and end up caught, it will be their fault.

I hope the bl00dy lot of them get jailed. Laws are laws, for everyone. Like them or no.

Landcruiser

Visit site
Evey time there is a new post about the hunts misdemeanors being followed up, I for one am glad.
Their attitude that the law is for other people, their disregard for the life of a creature, their arrogance, is all being brought to the fore for the world to see.

The only people they have to blame (even though they'll claim its anyone/everyone/sabs fault) is themselves.

When hunting is banned completely, to the detriment of clean boot hunts, it will be their fault. When those people shun them, it will be their fault, when they go out, with just master, whip and hounds, which I'm sure they will, and end up caught, it will be their fault.

I hope the bl00dy lot of them get jailed. Laws are laws, for everyone. Like them or no.
Exactly. I've said it before - it's not just legal hunts they are dragging down with them. It's the rest of us who have horses too. The general public sees these people and how they put themselves above the law, and in a very broad sense they can't really differentiate between those riders and leisure riders they see on the roads. Why should they slow down for or be considerate to ANY riders, when they see horse people tear round blocking traffic, looking and sounding arrogant and entitled? There is a perception that ALL horse riders are "toffs" or at least wealthy (LOL) - and some hunts exhibit behaviour that absolutely reinforces this.

lizziebell

Visit site
Exactly. I've said it before - it's not just legal hunts they are dragging down with them. It's the rest of us who have horses too. The general public sees these people and how they put themselves above the law, and in a very broad sense they can't really differentiate between those riders and leisure riders they see on the roads. Why should they slow down for or be considerate to ANY riders, when they see horse people tear round blocking traffic, looking and sounding arrogant and entitled? There is a perception that ALL horse riders are "toffs" or at least wealthy (LOL) - and some hunts exhibit behaviour that absolutely reinforces this.
There is so much being done in Equestrian sports bodies on “Social Licence to Operate”. The hunting community are making that awareness so much more difficult for the equestrian community at large. I would love to read what the BHSA policy in Social Licence is …. although I very much doubt they even know what it means !

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Medip Farmers Huntsman beating a hound with his whip yesterday.
Video here https://fb.watch/iX6S0_iiNG/

I can only hope he gets prosecuted for that. From what I can see the poor dog was just making his way back to his mates, whatever the previous perceived misdemeanour. I could understand that reaction if the hound was attached to a small child or something but, whatever happened before, I can't see that could be seen as reasonable, proportionate or necessary.

It was cruelty.

Millionwords

Visit site
I can only hope he gets prosecuted for that. From what I can see the poor dog was just making his way back to his mates, whatever the previous perceived misdemeanour. I could understand that reaction if the hound was attached to a small child or something but, whatever happened before, I can't see that could be seen as reasonable, proportionate or necessary.

It was cruelty.
Exactly, hitting a dog after an event does nothing, it just looked to be going on its way, even if something HAD happened prior to the video...it is not going to do anything hitting the dog afterwards.

(Edited to add; that sounds like I was almost suggesting there are circumstances which hitting a dog is okay. Obviously unless its locked on to an animal,kid, dog, person and there is no other option, then I wouldn't dream of hitting a dog.)

Last edited:

Chianti

Visit site
Years ago I was told a horror story about an incident in a blood hound pack. One of the hounds kept annoying the 'master' for some reason. Eventually he dismounted and very nearly killed the dog. I was told it was only because they had a vet out with them that the dog was saved. I know people think that non trail hunting is ok but I'm very suspicious of hunt staff involved in any form of hunting. I have no idea how those in the field could have gone out for the next meet but apparently they did.

Annagain

Visit site
I don't pay much attention to hunting in general so this thread (and the links on it) is where I've had most of my information on it. I have noticed a lot more hunting related crimes being shared on here in the last few weeks. Are they being shared more, reported more by the media or reported to the police more? It's hard gauge which of the three (if not all) is happening from reading this.

Millionwords

Visit site
I don't pay much attention to hunting in general so this thread (and the links on it) is where I've had most of my information on it. I have noticed a lot more hunting related crimes being shared on here in the last few weeks. Are they being shared more, reported more by the media or reported to the police more? It's hard gauge which of the three (if not all) is happening from reading this.
They are certainly being reported in the mainstream media more...the rest I dont know

limestonelil

Visit site
Its just another example of the mindset of some of these people. I expect someone will come along and say how much they love their horses and hounds.......

Snort. Well at least one person won't, because they really don't believe people i. e. the hunt, are deliberately awkward /cruel /word of choice, and have stopped posting on this thread.
Bitter, moi? Too right I am.