I waited a long time for this morning to come

AdorableAlice

Visit site
This morning I took the, built for comfort not speed, cob cantering across country, no jumping just acres of perfect springy turf.

Boring to many no doubt, but having been so very ill throughout 2013 and worried about the outcome, plus nursing my nicer horse through 12 months of box rest in 2011 and then having him not come back, I have not ridden for years which has resulted in an all time low of confidence and ability.

All have have done recently is hack, struggled through a lesson and watched other people ride the cob. This morning we set off on our local UK Chasers course in walk, progressed to a spanking trot, bless her she sent me a postcard prior to the pheasant hitting her in the belly, so there was no chance of me flying off and squishing said pheasant. I had no idea what aid she wanted for canter so I whispered 'canter' to her and we were away.

I got back to my box and sat on the ramp in tears of joy. I gave ridden since a child and am nearing old age now, hunted 22 seasons, competed etc etc, but this morning meant so much. I won't be repeating this to anyone that knows me because they would never believe me. Horses are such beautiful animals that give so much pleasure in so many differing ways. Anyway, that's me done, all a bit daft but it had to come out somewhere and Ted is asleep !

PolarSkye

Visit site
This morning I took the, built for comfort not speed, cob cantering across country, no jumping just acres of perfect springy turf.

Boring to many no doubt, but having been so very ill throughout 2013 and worried about the outcome, plus nursing my nicer horse through 12 months of box rest in 2011 and then having him not come back, I have not ridden for years which has resulted in an all time low of confidence and ability.

All have have done recently is hack, struggled through a lesson and watched other people ride the cob. This morning we set off on our local UK Chasers course in walk, progressed to a spanking trot, bless her she sent me a postcard prior to the pheasant hitting her in the belly, so there was no chance of me flying off and squishing said pheasant. I had no idea what aid she wanted for canter so I whispered 'canter' to her and we were away.

I got back to my box and sat on the ramp in tears of joy. I gave ridden since a child and am nearing old age now, hunted 22 seasons, competed etc etc, but this morning meant so much. I won't be repeating this to anyone that knows me because they would never believe me. Horses are such beautiful animals that give so much pleasure in so many differing ways. Anyway, that's me done, all a bit daft but it had to come out somewhere and Ted is asleep !

This post has made me do this: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

P

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'm so happy for you. :) You've had a tough time and little things like a nice canter can mean so much, especially when you thought that it may never happen again at one point. Your mare sounds worth her weight in gold too.

Patterdale

Visit site
Totally understand. Bit different but I had the same feeling the first open air canter I had after over a year off being pregnant and bf.

It's a feeling like no other!

So, so pleased for you :) :) :) :) xxxxxxx

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
That's lovely, AA. I really miss hacking out myself and long for a similar experience in the not too distant future.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Not daft at all, I can understand exactly what it meant for you. I can't tell you how pleased I am for you after all of your struggles.

A day without measure indeed and here's to very many more of them.