If you found out your yard was sedating your horse..

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
What would you do if you discovered by pure chance that your horse was being given sedaline on a regular basis without your knowledge ?

I would be very very angry.

Is this prescribed for the horse by a vet for an issue?
If not, why is it being given?
Were you told or did you find out?

To add, I would be contacting the supplying vet & asking them WHY xyz horse was having this administered?
YO (or whoever is applying this) can find themselves in big do-do!

be positive

Visit site
Hit the roof!!!! what reason do they have for this, if on box rest they should still ok it with you and the vet who should not be handing it over without reason, if to just keep him quiet I would question the management and then leave.

stormox

Visit site
why on earth would any yard owner do that? unless you had asked them to clip your horse, it wouldn't stand and you weren't there, or some such scenario....

madmav

Visit site
I would be thinking Harold Shipman was running the yard. Why would they do that? Is this a real-life case? Call in authorities, if so. Hopefully, it's not.

be positive

Visit site
So basically they are not able to manage the horse properly without resorting to sedation, move to a professional yard where they can manage him.

cptrayes

Visit site
How could they afford it, sedalin isn't cheap???

If go ballistic if it can be proved and possibly report the yard owner for illegal use of a prescription drug.

babymare

Visit site
Ok gingerwitch im trying to be calm here.. They are giving youtr horse an unprescribed drug daily. FFS move . what hell else are they doing. Personally people would be holding me off yard manager/owner and before anyone says thats regardless of horse issues. Dear god unprescribed drugs !!!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
They don't go out everyday.... :( , so when they do go out they get sedated... you also then get charged for extra's like shavings, physio, being bathed, supplyments etc - but you never notice a deeper bed, or the supplyments have just run out when you go in the feed room