I'm going to have to do it (Rambo rug)

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Ah thanks for letting us know how you got on! Does she still look that smart in it, or is it now covered in mud?

No mud yet! Good horse. She's not a big hippo, despite appearances. Think there was actual rhino in her pedigree. But not hippo.

I think I'm a Rambo convert though. She seems as warm in the 200g Optimo than she did in the 400g Swish. Probably simply due to coverage. And MrT has been wearing the second hand one I was sent (❤) and he's dry as a bone even without a liner underneath and it's just been raining and raining the last few days. Not quite the awful rain that stared this thread but very persistent.

So now I have roughly 100 million Other Rugs to consolidate and organise out of the way. Now my horses are all grown up and have proper rugs!

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I bought an Optimo about this time (had intermittent use as I lost a horse). I have now sent it back as was leaking. Which was very disappointing, as I was hoping it was a long term investment. Now rather wondering what to replace it with. Leaving aside all the people who have had Rambo rugs for decades and decades, are the current Rambos still as good / as waterproof? I was really excited about investing in a rambo hopefully for next decade, and leaking after a few months was not part of the plan!

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have bought a couple of new Rambo's in the last few years and none have leaked. I still really rate them and despite the price tag, think they are worth the money.

Barlow

Visit site
I bought an Optimo last year, it was my first Rambo. It’s been really great and he’s been out overnight in this awful weather and is always nice and dry when I get him in to ride in the morning.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yes my herd very kindly all fit into the same wardrobe. I really hope the yearling grows to the regulation size too!