Wanted In desperate need of a field for horse and pony near me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
By the way, buy "not by more" of course I am referring to unnecessary surplus, before someone gets picky about my choice of words and gets funny about it.

I wish I were closer to you @CrimsonDivine as I have spare bales I'd happily let you have to tide you over.
This is all causing you a lot of stress for which I am sorry. Please try not to take people's comments to heart, I think most of them are trying to help although it may not feel like it.
Unfortunately I am at least 60 miles away from you or I'd drop a few bales off for you. Maybe consider increasing chaff (if it's unmolassed) for your horses if you can't get hold of hay, just to tide them over? or Fast fibre?

That is very kind of you, god bless you for your kind thoughts. Unfortunately my Arab is not used to having chaff so getting him on it would be a slow process. I could consider increasing his feed slightly but it won't realstically be enough as I can't increase it dramatically to make up for the lack of hay so sudden. Same goes for the pony really, despite being on only chaff. I suppose in the short run anything is better than nothing though so even a slight increase is something to consider I guess. As for Fast Fibre? Neither of them get Fast Fibre and again I can't just suddenly feed them that. Ironically I do have SpeediBeet but neither of them have had any for a few weeks now as they didn't need it and frankly I've never given it to my pony as she didn't really need it. However, this truly is "food for thought", pun intended. Perhaps I could consider giving them both a little bit at least as that again would be better than nothing I suppose. Just don't want to risk causing illness by doing so and not being able to supply them hay which is what they're used to can also cause illness. Needless to say I worry alot about my horses, I just want what's best for them and try really hard to provide that for them. I care a great deal about them, needless to say, they are the world to me.

What really frustrates me is that they do have hay up the road, with whom I rent the field off, and yet they're not willing to share any. They can easily order large quantities, even round bales, as they supply for 4 horses in one go, as well as feed two others of their own who live seperate from the other 4. I really don't get why some people can be like that, I honestly couldn't be so selfish like that. If I could help anyone I would, quite willingly so, without anything in return infact. Probably why people take advantage of me and why I suffer the way I do. Perhaps I too am too niave, it's human nature I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnb

jnb

Visit site
If you introduced a little fast fibre then slowly increased it, it might fill their tummies anyway?
I prefer fast fibre to chaff as it's soaked so less chance of them bolting it and choking. I feed it quite wet as I have a greedy cob!

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
On that note I'm going to go prepare some beet, thank you for that jnb, can't believe I didn't think about that sooner! lol. Though to me the hay is still more important but yeah... wouldn't hurt to give them a little bit at least. Just wasn't thinking about it.

If you introduced a little fast fibre then slowly increased it, it might fill their tummies anyway?
I prefer fast fibre to chaff as it's soaked so less chance of them bolting it and choking. I feed it quite wet as I have a greedy cob!

I appreciate your point of view. However, my pony has been on it all Winter and she's been fine with it so no problems there with her having it. Whatever works and each to their own I guess. Again thanks for the insight, really glad you responded as you made me think of that beet, I have plenty of it as it stretches pretty well! lol.

Reactions: jnb

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
By even ignoring folk like ester and ycbm who have form for going out of their way to help users, CD is going to find that eventually everyone on the forum is on his ignore list and then there will be no one left to answer the various questions he asks.

Even the most knowledgeable, helpful.constructive replies are written off. Its very difficult to help someone that just puts anyone who happens to put across a differing pov on UI.

I'm not sure why a farmer who has shelled out the same costs as always to make hay last year should have to make a special case to supply at a reduced rate. Lots of us have felt the pinch over the last year, it's the nature of keeping horses that sometimes costs increase and we either find a way to make ends meet or reluctantly downsize.
as a private business with no obligations to anyone it's up to them whether delivering a handful of bales at a time is worth their while, for all the OP knows they have other customers taking 50 or more bales at a time and I know who I'd go to if it was me selling it. My OH might let someone collect a few bales at a time but for delivery it's a couple of large rounds or 30 small bales.

I know its a rubbish position to be in when you thought everything was affordable but this stuff happens... what if one of them needed emergency vet treatment? it may not be a welcome thought but if you can prepare for contingencies like livery, feed, hay etc bills going up, then these kinds of events are less traumatic when they inevitably happen.

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
By the way, buy "not by more" of course I am referring to unnecessary surplus, before someone gets picky about my choice of words and gets funny about it.

That is very kind of you, god bless you for your kind thoughts. Unfortunately my Arab is not used to having chaff so getting him on it would be a slow process. I could consider increasing his feed slightly but it won't realstically be enough as I can't increase it dramatically to make up for the lack of hay so sudden. Same goes for the pony really, despite being on only chaff. I suppose in the short run anything is better than nothing though so even a slight increase is something to consider I guess. As for Fast Fibre? Neither of them get Fast Fibre and again I can't just suddenly feed them that. Ironically I do have SpeediBeet but neither of them have had any for a few weeks now as they didn't need it and frankly I've never given it to my pony as she didn't really need it. However, this truly is "food for thought", pun intended. Perhaps I could consider giving them both a little bit at least as that again would be better than nothing I suppose. Just don't want to risk causing illness by doing so and not being able to supply them hay which is what they're used to can also cause illness. Needless to say I worry alot about my horses, I just want what's best for them and try really hard to provide that for them. I care a great deal about them, needless to say, they are the world to me.

What really frustrates me is that they do have hay up the road, with whom I rent the field off, and yet they're not willing to share any. They can easily order large quantities, even round bales, as they supply for 4 horses in one go, as well as feed two others of their own who live seperate from the other 4. I really don't get why some people can be like that, I honestly couldn't be so selfish like that. If I could help anyone I would, quite willingly so, without anything in return infact. Probably why people take advantage of me and why I suffer the way I do. Perhaps I too am too niave, it's human nature I guess.
What has been clear from all of you posts is how much you care about your horse and pony. You obviously put them first.
I cannot help you with hay as I stay in Scotland.
I have had horses for 51 years. They bring much joy, but obviously stress and at times anger too.
Nobody knows what the future holds especially at this time
Jobs are bring lost and many people with horses will be struggling at the moment. Don't let any one think it is only you who is going through this
Most people have been offering good advice and have been supportive.
Ignore anyone who is winding you up. I have a couple I find irritating on UI. Life is bad enough during the pandemic to put up with them.

TPO

Visit site
By even ignoring folk like ester and ycbm who have form for going out of their way to help users, CD is going to find that eventually everyone on the forum is on his ignore list and then there will be no one left to answer the various questions he asks.

Even the most knowledgeable, helpful.constructive replies are written off. Its very difficult to help someone that just puts anyone who happens to put across a differing pov on UI.

I'm not sure why a farmer who has shelled out the same costs as always to make hay last year should have to make a special case to supply at a reduced rate. Lots of us have felt the pinch over the last year, it's the nature of keeping horses that sometimes costs increase and we either find a way to make ends meet or reluctantly downsize.
as a private business with no obligations to anyone it's up to them whether delivering a handful of bales at a time is worth their while, for all the OP knows they have other customers taking 50 or more bales at a time and I know who I'd go to if it was me selling it. My OH might let someone collect a few bales at a time but for delivery it's a couple of large rounds or 30 small bales.

I know its a rubbish position to be in when you thought everything was affordable but this stuff happens... what if one of them needed emergency vet treatment? it may not be a welcome thought but if you can prepare for contingencies like livery, feed, hay etc bills going up, then these kinds of events are less traumatic when they inevitably happen.

I dont know why posters bother. Every single one of his threads go the same way with him being rude, aggressive and countering every comment made by far more experienced and knowledgeable people.

If a regular poster kicked off that 15pw livery was too expensive and that the extra 10pw livery for two was a step too far they would be told to rehome at least one to ensure there was money to cover anything that may arise unexpectedly.

The attitude towards the hay/farmer etc says it all and £5 per bale is not expensive.

I appreciate that this poster has their own issues and difficulties but that isnt an excuse for being consistently rude and aggressive to so many posters on here. If the behaviour online is an example of it offline no wonder it's a struggle to stay in one place or find anywhere to move to.

Perhaps it's time to reassess things and mend some bridges because you never know when you will need help e.g. to source small numbers of hay/share a load.

He wont see this anyway because I'm on UI from when he started "shouting" at people who were offering him sensible advice (possibly about linseed!)

Dexter

Visit site
I order one large bale at a time from half a mile away, I wait until the farmer is passing so is convenient for him. I still pay £6 delivery and I consider that more than fair. I think you have been lucky to find someone to deliver small amounts for free. I cant think of anyone round here who doesnt have a minimum order or charge a delivery cost. So I would accept that this is the norm and come to terms with it.

I have stopped feeding hay last week. The field looks quite bare, but the grass on the outside of the fence is long and lush, so clearly they are eating it as it grows. I too would like mine to drop a tiny bit of weight and come into spring lean.

Its obvious you care about the horses but I think you need to sit down and think about how or if you can afford them. I've been where you are and I had to give mine up. Heartbreaking at the time, but I couldnt live with knowing that an injury needing a vet would have been out of my reach financially. Years later my life has changed dramatically and I have horses again, and have a buffer to cover unexpected expenses. Sometimes in life you have to make horrible decisions for the good of the horses.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Most probably would deliver a dozen or so but would have to charge you enough to make it worth their time and fuel so it wouldn't be £3.50 a bale. That's not their fault, the same as it isn't their fault you can't store or afford 30 bales.

TPO I must have missed the previous ones/they hadn't registered/I've just plain forgotten.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
FYI I've always bought 7 to 14 bales per week from my local farmer. Granted we are simply down the road, barely half a mile away, but frankly I can't see why someone within 5 miles can't deliver a dozen or so, that's just utter BS. It is also a fact that those who are too willing to cough up money than protest and use their common sense knowing, that this is generally wrong, affect the market for the rest of us. Too niave and eager is most certainly a problem for the masses. Also I would love to know how big your pallet is to stock 12 weeks worth of bales on it, must be bloody huge?! And I'll assume you keep that in a barn or something??

True I neglected to say I had no where to store it but not everyone has that luxury and simply stating I can't afford it nor need it should be enough. Details, details. I also aim to cut back, not to buy more. Not to mention since I was more used to paying £3.50 per bale of course I wasn't well prepared for paying more, as I also stated! So for 30 bales it's no longer £105 but £150! I have had to pay £20 extra for this field than I have been paying at previous place ontop of. I am not that well prepared, nor well off financially, to take on such an increase so sudden. Considering the recent year where alot of people have been furloughed I'm pretty certain alot of people can relate to this dillema. Needless to say these factors alone aren't entirely my fault and more someone elses than my own. And yes I have been trying to remedy that but I can't exactly do anything by myself and if people aren't willing to pull their finger out of their backside of course that gets nothing done.

Regardless of how polite you think you are being your responses have been contributing to my frustration as it wasn't very helpful, all things considered. Frankly if you can't be helpful, or as the saying goes "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" it would actually be better that you didn't respond than give me nonsense and pointless debates which simply matters worse.
Just a normal sized pallet, stacked 3 x 3 so I do struggle with the top layer at only 5ft 2 and now 5 months pregnant but when there is a will there is a way!

If you're trying to imply that I'm being thick by buying hay more expensive, then you are barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid! Simple economics, demand and supply. Land is sparse down here so hay is more expensive because supply is lower. But I am paid more, my house is worth more etc because of proximity to London so swings and roundabouts.

So if you order 7-14 bales a week then the min order of 30 would be potentially 2 weeks worth? I'm still struggling to see why this is a huge issue.

Why are my responses not helpful? I suggested places to look for livery, I suggested ways to get more hay. You have decided you don't like my answers which is fine but I've taken time out of my day despite previous aggro from you to try and help.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Gosh what an exhausting thread.

OP this quote stood out for me 'And yes I have been trying to remedy that but I can't exactly do anything by myself and if people aren't willing to pull their finger out of their backside of course that gets nothing done'.

You seem to think people owe you a lot in life. I see it differently. I have chosen to own horses, they are not a right but a luxury. They are my responsibility. No one has to sell me hay, no one has to rent me a field for a very small fee. It is up to me to make sure I have enough funds for an emergency and to provide for them. If I found myself consistently stressed about how I was going to fulfill there needs I'd be looking at rehoming them.

You obviously care and worry about your horses but I'd really worry on the budget you describe what would happen if an emergency arose like a field accident?

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
What has been clear from all of you posts is how much you care about your horse and pony. You obviously put them first.
I cannot help you with hay as I stay in Scotland.
I have had horses for 51 years. They bring much joy, but obviously stress and at times anger too.
Nobody knows what the future holds especially at this time
Jobs are bring lost and many people with horses will be struggling at the moment. Don't let any one think it is only you who is going through this
Most people have been offering good advice and have been supportive.
Ignore anyone who is winding you up. I have a couple I find irritating on UI. Life is bad enough during the pandemic to put up with them.

Bless you. Thank you so much for your supportive and understanding response, it means alot to me, it really does. It's reassuing that some people out there are decent enough. Can I ask where abouts are you in Scotland? I have visited on the odd occasion as my ancestors were from Scotland, as well as Ireland on my mum's side but I am more closer to Irish as my grandad was full Irish.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
I'm quite gobsmacked at how cheap you're managing to find livery, and still complaining about the cost. Round here cheap is around £25 each.
The farmer who delivers hay to me won't do any less than 48 bales. Thankfully I do have room to store it but I know not everyone does.
My two only get hay when we have snow on the ground. They've still come through the winter looking better than I would like ideally.

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
I order one large bale at a time from half a mile away, I wait until the farmer is passing so is convenient for him. I still pay £6 delivery and I consider that more than fair. I think you have been lucky to find someone to deliver small amounts for free. I cant think of anyone round here who doesnt have a minimum order or charge a delivery cost. So I would accept that this is the norm and come to terms with it.

I have stopped feeding hay last week. The field looks quite bare, but the grass on the outside of the fence is long and lush, so clearly they are eating it as it grows. I too would like mine to drop a tiny bit of weight and come into spring lean.

Its obvious you care about the horses but I think you need to sit down and think about how or if you can afford them. I've been where you are and I had to give mine up. Heartbreaking at the time, but I couldnt live with knowing that an injury needing a vet would have been out of my reach financially. Years later my life has changed dramatically and I have horses again, and have a buffer to cover unexpected expenses. Sometimes in life you have to make horrible decisions for the good of the horses.

Yet another poorly educated horse owner who wants to talk the talk but can't walk the walk. You should NOT EVER allow horses to "eat grass as it grows" this can tigger laminitis! You should be keeping them on long OLD grass, it is NOT lush it is OLD. Fresh grass is when it is growing from the short stem as it is attempting to regrow inwhich you force by allowing your horses to overeat it rather than allow them on the grass that has already past that stage. You lecture me about not being able to afford my own? Inwhich I have already stated I have NO problems doing so, I have kept mine for almost a decade now and only RECENTLY ran into problems and yet needless to say, despite the fact, I've STILL been able to provide for them, and yet you clearly don't know what you are doing yourself by feeding th em this way! I need to give mine up? I believe it's the other way around. I am so sick and tired of those of you who want to lecture oithers yet in your own statements you clearly don't know what it is you're talking about. I don't know what makes you think you're so above others to talk down to them as you do, it is shear arrogance and I say enough is enough. I won't say this again; if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Back off and leave me alone.

My apoolgies to the rest of you who have been decent and supportive in this thread. It is such as shame that we constantly have these kind of people around, even on here. It's no wonder humanity suffers the way it does and this particular community is no exception, despite the mere few around that prove to be different to the masses. The rest of you ought to be ashamed.

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
I'm quite gobsmacked at how cheap you're managing to find livery, and still complaining about the cost. Round here cheap is around £25 each.
The farmer who delivers hay to me won't do any less than 48 bales. Thankfully I do have room to store it but I know not everyone does.
My two only get hay when we have snow on the ground. They've still come through the winter looking better than I would like ideally.

Well luck certainly has nothing to do with it I can assure you, it pays to know who the right people are to buy from and cater to them than to cater to those who wish to overprice and cause issues financially for the consumers over their own greed. Fact is if one can do it they can all do it, just that some are relentant because they know people will pay because they won't put enough effort in to either protest or look elsewhere and refuse to pay such rediculous prices. Also yes, £25 for a round bale is most certainly good, we pay £35 around here on average. Infact I wish I had that price but that's just how it is I suppose.

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
Also, whilst we're on the subject of emergencies and vet bills? You can get support with that, especially with things as they are since alot of people are in need of support as alot of us are suffering with financial crisis right now. So no I do not and will not give up my horses. Heck I'd be damned if I was to pass them on to some irresponsable owner only to find they died within a few months later or had been past on from pillar to post where I would never hear from them again and know they were ok! Which is quite often the case for most horses.

On that note the beet is now soaked so I'm going to feed my horses, which is more important than indulging this and stoking the fire. Needless to say if you think I'm "toxic and triggered" as you forum savvies like to put it, bare in mind YOU provoked it. As prior to my request; back off. Next person to upset and/or offend me, or cause a ruse within this thread won't only be blooked but also be reported.

milliepops

Visit site
haymaking is not a nationalised industry, nor a public service, if a farmer can sell it for more than you are willing to pay OP, good luck to them. it's a tough thing to get right, requires months of care and attention to the pasture, maintenance of expensive equipment, diesel, manpower, consumables... then striking at the right moment in the year to get the best result. you have no more right to dictate the price than you could do to Tesco for your groceries.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yet another poorly educated horse owner who wants to talk the talk but can't walk the walk. You should NOT EVER allow horses to "eat grass as it grows" this can tigger laminitis! You should be keeping them on long OLD grass, it is NOT lush it is OLD. Fresh grass is when it is growing from the short stem as it is attempting to regrow inwhich you force by allowing your horses to overeat it rather than allow them on the grass that has already past that stage. You lecture me about not being able to afford my own? Inwhich I have already stated I have NO problems doing so, I have kept mine for almost a decade now and only RECENTLY ran into problems and yet needless to say, despite the fact, I've STILL been able to provide for them, and yet you clearly don't know what you are doing yourself by feeding th em this way! I need to give mine up? I believe it's the other way around. I am so sick and tired of those of you who want to lecture oithers yet in your own statements you clearly don't know what it is you're talking about. I don't know what makes you think you're so above others to talk down to them as you do, it is shear arrogance and I say enough is enough. I won't say this again; if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Back off and leave me alone.

My apoolgies to the rest of you who have been decent and supportive in this thread. It is such as shame that we constantly have these kind of people around, even on here. It's no wonder humanity suffers the way it does and this particular community is no exception, despite the mere few around that prove to be different to the masses. The rest of you ought to be ashamed.

This (in bold) is serious?

ester

Visit site
I think most of the horses in the country eat grass as it grows and haven't got lami yet. Ours do all summer on the their track system.
I do wonder where a lot of your management ideas are coming from, they come across a bit odd.
However I do now see that it is just humanity that is the problem.

It is not other people's fault that by running a supply business they are the cause of issues for others financially, what a bizarre thing to say.

Red-1

Visit site
Also, whilst we're on the subject of emergencies and vet bills? You can get support with that, especially with things as they are since alot of people are in need of support as alot of us are suffering with financial crisis right now. So no I do not and will not give up my horses. Heck I'd be damned if I was to pass them on to some irresponsable owner only to find they died within a few months later or had been past on from pillar to post where I would never hear from them again and know they were ok! Which is quite often the case for most horses.

On that note the beet is now soaked so I'm going to feed my horses, which is more important than indulging this and stoking the fire. Needless to say if you think I'm "toxic and triggered" as you forum savvies like to put it, bare in mind YOU provoked it. As prior to my request; back off. Next person to upset and/or offend me, or cause a ruse within this thread won't only be blooked but also be reported.

I am genuinely interested in where you can get the support for vets fees and emergencies. I know it is a tough time for many people, and if such a fund is available I would be able to advise a friend.

ester

Visit site
haymaking is not a nationalised industry, nor a public service, if a farmer can sell it for more than you are willing to pay OP, good luck to them. it's a tough thing to get right, requires months of care and attention to the pasture, maintenance of expensive equipment, diesel, manpower, consumables... then striking at the right moment in the year to get the best result. you have no more right to dictate the price than you could do to Tesco for your groceries.

It's also not a standardised product. Quality varies massively and not just good v bad as what is bad for some might be good for another.

jnb

Visit site
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but please can everyone try to be kind? CD is obviously struggling with many issues and has now taken on board some of the suggestions, I don't think attacking him serves any purpose to be honest (I understand some people aren't happy with some of his responses but please, please if it's at all possible bite your tongue?)

*prepares for battering*

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
This (in bold) is serious?

As serious as it gets. I'd have to ask; are you guys serious? cus honestly, I would be falling off my chair right now. Do your research, this is all known facts that alot of people seem to be oddly oblivious to. Again I blame arrogance, and ignorance at this point. I have witnessed way too many horses die in my time due to these kind of matters, how many must pay their lives before people learn and change their ways? At least I know one thing; my horses will not die to such causes because I won't allow it to happen and happen to know better.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but please can everyone try to be kind? CD is obviously struggling with many issues and has now taken on board some of the suggestions, I don't think attacking him serves any purpose to be honest (I understand some people aren't happy with some of his responses but please, please if it's at all possible bite your tongue?)

*prepares for battering*

If they do choose to flame you then it merely proves my point of what kind of people they really are.

Again I apologies to people like you where I've had to turn the other cheek but I will give as good as I get with these sort of people. Some people really do need knocking off their pedastool and I'm quite happy to do so if they trample all over me like that.

I am genuinely interested in where you can get the support for vets fees and emergencies. I know it is a tough time for many people, and if such a fund is available I would be able to advise a friend.

RSPCA is providing such services. Also British Horse Society can provide further information, as can Blue Cross and Citizens Advice. Also, if they're on benefits they can speak with DWP about getting financial support. This is generally how I go about it. Admitedly it's easier said than done and it's like getting blood from a stone but if you persevere quite often you get results. Of course there are also insurance companies to consider, if they can afford a bit of money on the side for it. Though of course this may not be possible for those who clearly have a low budget but if they can afford even £30 per month this could help cover vet bills that may cost over £500 - £1,000 so it may be worth considering. Bare in mind though that most insurances also require a minimum of £150 excess fee which in some cases may not be even worth doing let alone be affordable for some.

Anyway... as I said; I need to get going, my horses are overdue to be fed and the beet is now ready. Thanks again for those of you who have been supportive and helpful. My apologies again for my abrupt attitude but rest assured I hold no ill feelings against any of you who have been good to me. Needless to say I should have no reason to.

Last edited:

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
Bless you. Thank you so much for your supportive and understanding response, it means alot to me, it really does. It's reassuing that some people out there are decent enough. Can I ask where abouts are you in Scotland? I have visited on the odd occasion as my ancestors were from Scotland, as well as Ireland on my mum's side but I am more closer to Irish as my grandad was full Irish.
You are welcome. I live in South Lanarkshire. I travel around a lot due to my work which is based in Edinburgh, so I have very long busy days, but it is all good as I love my job.
I digress, but my sister traced one of our ancestors back to the 17 centuary
He was an umbrella maker from the south of Scotland. Pretty apt when you see the weather we get here.

Lynnfigaro

Visit site

*prepares for battering*
Very well said

milliepops

Visit site

*prepares for battering*
I don't think anyone has been unkind. I do think it's misguided at best and has a high potential to run into problems to try to keep 2 horses that need to be fed and can't just live on thin air, on such a low budget, it's not responsible horse ownership and literally anyone else on HHO who came on complaining that £2.50 increase in livery was pushing them into financial hardship would be told in no uncertain terms that they couldn't afford their horses.

I know i'm on UI from a previous thread where the OP went on the attack about suitable feeds anyway. but I still think the above is important. would you honestly advise any other person to keep not one but 2 horses when they were stretched so bad financially? there are so many occasions where you can get landed with a big bill that you are unprepared for. you are at the mercy of many things where cost of feed and forage are concerned - environmental factors, brexit, covid, all these things have affected feed and hay prices. it would be immensely cruel if the OP horses became sick and he could not afford to treat them, or PTS, or move them somewhere to manage box rest etc. we all have to face up to the realities when we take these extraordinarily expensive animals into our lives, not rant about suppliers who put prices up.

CrimsonDivine

Visit site
You are welcome. I live in South Lanarkshire. I travel around a lot due to my work which is based in Edinburgh, so I have very long busy days, but it is all good as I love my job.
I digress, but my sister traced one of our ancestors back to the 17 centuary
He was an umbrella maker from the south of Scotland. Pretty apt when you see the weather we get here.

That's cool, can't say I've ever been to Lanarkshire myself but I certainly have been to Edinburgh. My friend lives in Livingston and I was able to visit about a year or so before the lock down occured. We went around the castle as well as gone into some dungeons in Edinburgh as well as visit Loch Lomand, which I might add is one of my favorite places to visit. Was very lovely to visit my family's homeland again and I look forward to doing so again someday. Thank you for sharing.

Just wanted to say that those I have noticed who have liked the negativity in this thread, as you can see from their "like" status, are those who have given me hardtime on these particular forums before. So needless to say in my honest opinion they're nothing but a bunch of bullies who clearly take pleasure in my endeavours and simply wish to upset me further. I believe the internet term is "troll" ?

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
That's cool, can't say I've ever been to Lanarkshire myself but I certainly have been to Edinburgh. My friend lives in Livingston and I was able to visit about a year or so before the lock down occured. We went around the castle as well as gone into some dungeons in Edinburgh as well as visit Loch Lomand, which I might add is one of my favorite places to visit. Was very lovely to visit my family's homeland again and I look forward to doing so again someday. Thank you for sharing.

Just wanted to say that those I have noticed who have liked the negativity in this thread, as you can see from their "like" status, are those who have given me hardtime on these particular forums before. So needless to say in my honest opinion they're nothing but a bunch of bullies who clearly take pleasure in my endeavours and simply wish to upset me further. I believe the internet term is "troll" ?
I have had to work in Livingston at times unfortunately I didn't like it much.
Edinburgh is great, my work is based right on the Royal Mile so I am right in the heart of all the historical buildings. Murder during the Festival though.

Red-1

Visit site

I have not 'liked' anyone else's posts on this thread (I don't think) and agree that you are obviously stressed. I have personally not liked the posts you have put on, as HHO is generally a friendly place, and I have not found your posts to be friendly. It has shaken me, actually, with the belligerence shown.

I, along with a lot of people, have been having a tough time myself lately. I will scroll on by, being as I find some of your posts hurtful, but thought it may allay your fears of people being out to bully you, if you knew that your posts may be seen as hurtful to others, causing people to be defensive.

That said, I would still be interested to know about the help and support for vets fees and emergencies to which you refer. I have a friend who is seriously having a hard time. I have tried to offer help, which she has refused. If there is a fund for this somewhere then, genuinely, I would like to know so I could pass it on.

Last edited:

Dexter

Visit site
OP you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your horses will die if you dont own them. The exact opposite is true. You cant afford to buy hay to feed them, and are now trotting off to the field to feed them a bucket of sugar beet, in an attempt to replace hay in a field you say has no grass, after stating that horses need to be weaned off hay. Are you intending to feed 4% of their bodyweight in sugar beet daily? Your sack wont last long doing that, neither will your horses I imagine.

You are aggressively commenting that growing grass will kill horses, when in fact your horses are currently eating growing grass, as are others currently turned out. Grass grows when its above 10degrees. Grass has been growing for sometime. Even in bare fields grass is growing and being eaten off. And for the record in 40yrs of ownership I've never had a horse have laminiitis.

You are making all sorts of outlandish comments and blaming hay suppliers, other owners, anyone and everyone, but the reality is, you cant afford to buy the 30 bales of hay you have been offered and now your horses are going to suffer because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.