"Intelligent Horsemanship", IHDG forum - dictatorship?

Littlelegs

Visit site
Ok, instead of Carl hester, we can all insert the name of a local respected trainer. Or talland, Chris bartle etc. Doesn't really matter, my point is that when you get any method some fool can be sure to get it wrong, & we shouldn't judge the method by the fools. I'm not sure why my post reinforces your view of a cult like following, in its entirety it didn't exactly claim monty etc were perfect or that I even followed him. Just that I don't feel its fair to blame them for everything.
You really do need to see my local Kelly marks follower to see what I mean.
'kelly said I should wave my arms in your horses face whilst screaming 'back' in a high pitched voice to teach yours to share the hay with mine, rather than having to make two piles'
'kelly said anyone who doesn't use a dually is cruel'
'It's not rude for me to take away jump poles when you are using them, Kelly said my groundwork is more important'.
'kelly said you should hold the lr tight under the chin to teach respect'.
I'm sure you get the picture, woman is bonkers. Now I've not read the Kelly marks book, but I'm certain it doesn't contain 99% of what this idiot claims. And I'm not prepared to judge km based on it, I'll form my own opinions from more useful evidence.

ISHmad

Visit site
Noobs you are coming across as churlish and like you have a serious superiority complex going on. Nobody has to be part of a cult to have the common sense and good horsemanship skills to evaluate any trainer and utilise the good points and disregard the bad.

Yes there will always be clowns who don't think for themselves and slavishly follow whoever their idol is. But your latest post seems to suggest that literally anyone who has the slightest interest in or who may use natural horsemanship, whoever the trainer or methods are, are stupid.

Whilst the IHDG may not be all that, there is lots of good work being done as a result of a greater awareness to consider things from a horses perspective.