Introducing Toby

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
He is breaking down your defences one lick and one snuffle at a time lol

He is actually. At first I just didn't like him at all but that was just fear of what he might do and sadness about Amber. Later I relaxed on him but still felt he was basically a means to an end. Ie a way of continuing to improve my riding while waiting for Amber and a sale project. But since Somerford I've found myself warming to him a lot more and I now really look forward to riding him. And have to fight Izzy off! I can imagine that in a few more weeks I'll be totally won over. He is very sweet and I think he will be really good in time too. He has nice paces, is scopey and most importantly tries really hard.

Upthecreek

Visit site
I love a goofy horse! One of mine is like that, always wants to be with you and always doing something to get your attention if you’re busy doing something nearby that doesn’t involve him. Like the class clown at school! If Toby’s ridden work continues to progress combined with his fantastic temperament you will have the perfect horse. Lucky you.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Happy with this!!

108990427_3165869443493115_7228306473704908937_o.jpg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Toby goes to Pony Camp.... Just can't praise him enough. First overnight trip. First time anywhere without Dolly. He coped with everything so well. Totally chilled all weekend. He jumped fillers, he paid attention in dressage on grass, he did loads on the XC and the he capped the camp off with a non competitive ODE. He was obedient in the dressage for a respectable 37 penalties, was clear in the SJ at 50cm and relaxed in the XC. Left the start box willingly and just had 1 green stop at a 70cm fence (he was mostly jumping the 50cm options) but flew round the rest enthusuastically but calmly. He did so well. What a superstar. The dressage trainer said she'd love to take him home -adding 'I bet you think I say that about all the horses but I really don't. I don't normally like other pelple's horses!'

He'll be an eventer yet! Short clip of our weekend.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Toby had 3 days off after camp and is having 2 weeks off from next week as we are going away. So in this last week he is having 1 hack, 1 XC session, 1 dressage test recording session for E-Riders and 1 SJ lesson. Then he can sleep in a field for a but.

He was great at Somerford today. Katie and Dolly had a lesson so whule they were doing that I just pootled about on the 80 acres getting him more used to jumps, steps, water. We had a few green moments, especially early on but bu the end he was positive and confident. I will brave some video as I am sp proud of him. But please focus on the horse ansd not his rider :oops::D

Roxylola

Visit site
I think I saw you hacking up to Katie's lesson. I was walking and my owner rode back - hogged black and white on his own, I had a pink t shirt on under a black body protector