Irresponsible Owners

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I've heard some shite excuses but that takes the biscuit.

Tonight, a guy, running, with two offleash retrievers about 50 metres behind him, then every so often realising he had vanished and running after him. No doubt these are at least two of the dogs that are contributing to the huge increase in shit along the path, unless he has eyes on his arse and I doubt he'd let a little thing like picking up poo interfere with his PB, but I'm sure he thinks he's a great owner letting his dogs get so much exercise.
This also drove my old dog mad for some reason and he also decided he had to run down the lane too, and then roar at every other dog he saw, despite being 13 and decidedly wobbly. He was the canine Begbie, now he's the canine Father Jack.
Sorry, the visual is funny! FECK! 🤣

Janique

Visit site
Met my neigbourg walking his two dogs on lead, an Husky and a BC cross, she was struggling to hold them,
the BC went mad at Nouille, really going for her, i was away and she doesn't care about other dogs, was busy sniffing at something.

The BC was pulling her and refusing to move away, her husband came from behind and belted the BC with the lead....

The poor dog screamed. I walked away but in the future will avoid to meet them, poor dog.
They have 4 kids and the dogs live in a kennel in the garden, rarely go out and every time, i see them, the man belt them...

Should i tell the RSPCA about them ?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Strange one at an agility show yesterday , not do much irresponsible just a bit daft . Lady with a dog in a yellow coat with 3 lines of text , didn’t read it all but lengthy way of saying it was reactive All fine, although less words might have meant people could read it, but why walk within about a metre of me and my dog when I was standing in a large space . 🙄

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
A classic of the genre, a woman in vets with elderly cocker, no leash, just allowing it to bimble up to other dogs and people, smiling benignly.

Don't worry, Mummy's Little Hellbeast was left in the van and she got her jab outside because I KNOW she's a knob.

Resting heart rate 55, in the vets 128 🤣

Smitty

Visit site
There is a young couple next door but one to me with a toddler and young boy. Yesterday the girl asked me if I had heard their new puppy barking when they were out. I said no, but I had heard it whining in the garden. She said it was brilliant, they had got it off Facebook cheaply at £600 as it was the last of the litter. It is a Springer and can't have it's jabs as it's too young, consequently its a pain in the arse and winding her right up. Her words. Errrr.

I did point out that it was illegal on 2 levels and a working breed, but they liked the look of them, so thats OK then!!

Clodagh

Visit site
Today I met one of those people of whom you all speak. Took the dogs to a nearby bit of forestry, had a lovely walk and didn’t see a soul. Heading back to the car a man was coming the other way with 2 dachshunds. I sat mine up at the side of the path. He just poffled about with a ball and didn’t come past me. So I asked mine to heel and walked up to him. As I was maybe 15m away he used his ball thrower and threw a tennis ball just above my lots heads and further down the path. The two daxxies set off in pursuit and belted through mine. As the ball went over I said ‘stop’ and bless them they all did. They ignored the daxxies. As he came past he said ‘lovely well trained dogs you’ve got’.
😳.
Was it a test? What if they weren’t?

I'm Dun

Visit site
Its hot, I've had the roof off the boat and all sorts going on. My boys have had their basket just outside the boat and just snooze all day. Its something they've done from day one, they know the rules, stay in bed and do not bother anyone. Wee breaks are ok, but wandering is not. They are very good about it. Other people are bloody idiots though. They allow dogs to come up to them and bother them, and the icing on the cake was yesterday someone let their dog climb into the dog bed with mine and pick up his toy. Luckily for them mine are completely non reactive, but even so, they looked at me in absolute horror and I called them to me before anything happened. Who on earth lets a dog get into another dogs bed?!

skinnydipper

Visit site
Its hot, I've had the roof off the boat and all sorts going on. My boys have had their basket just outside the boat and just snooze all day. Its something they've done from day one, they know the rules, stay in bed and do not bother anyone. Wee breaks are ok, but wandering is not. They are very good about it. Other people are bloody idiots though. They allow dogs to come up to them and bother them, and the icing on the cake was yesterday someone let their dog climb into the dog bed with mine and pick up his toy. Luckily for them mine are completely non reactive, but even so, they looked at me in absolute horror and I called them to me before anything happened. Who on earth lets a dog get into another dogs bed?!

I don't know what the set up is. Would it be like me putting my dog's bed out on the pavement?

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Someone running with their spaniel on lead on a narrow path didnt stop or slow down and got cross because my little dogs were loose on the path and she had to dodge them…. Not sure where she expected us all to go as she burst round the corner at speed so I didn’t have time to put them on leads, if she had slowed to walk for a nano second it would have been so much nicer for every one

Smitty

Visit site
I'm on my travels. It appears in Kingsand, Cornwall, there is no need for a dog lead.

Found, by scrambling over rocks, a nice quiet spot. For 5 mins. Then a couple of labs appeared but were not too much trouble followed by a lady with 2 pointers who insisted on squeezing past me as her dogs wanted to go in the sea. They didn't. One wanted to pee on my rucksack. Jones told it to eff off. I gave up. Time for a drink. There was a MASSIVE Lab lying across the entrance to the nearby quaint seafront pub together with a loose dog wandering around so decided against that and went down the road to be met by two loose dogs, soaking wet, tearing flat out around a corner. According to their owner they were so excited to go in the sea she couldn't catch them. Umm, there are cars driving along here ....

Back to pub. Loose dog still wandering about outside, Lab gone BUT the 2 bloody pointers were wandering around in the pub unrestrained. Back to van instead then ...

Smitty

Visit site
Today I met one of those people of whom you all speak. Took the dogs to a nearby bit of forestry, had a lovely walk and didn’t see a soul. Heading back to the car a man was coming the other way with 2 dachshunds. I sat mine up at the side of the path. He just poffled about with a ball and didn’t come past me. So I asked mine to heel and walked up to him. As I was maybe 15m away he used his ball thrower and threw a tennis ball just above my lots heads and further down the path. The two daxxies set off in pursuit and belted through mine. As the ball went over I said ‘stop’ and bless them they all did. They ignored the daxxies. As he came past he said ‘lovely well trained dogs you’ve got’.
😳.
It is a kind of test. I've had it and failed miserably, but then mine was probably 1 metre.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
😳.
People are just really bloody weird sometimes. From how you describe it your dogs were right next to you, so he basically launched a ball at you?

SilverLinings

Visit site
It is a kind of test. I've had it and failed miserably, but then mine was probably 1 metre.
I have wondered before whether some owners of untrained/badly trained dogs do this intentionally- they know their dogs aren't under control so they want to upset someone else's well behaved dogs in order to somehow make themselves feel better, like 'proving' that it isn't just their dog that runs riot. 🤪

Clodagh

Visit site
People are just really bloody weird sometimes. From how you describe it your dogs were right next to you, so he basically launched a ball at you?
Yes, I was sort of to the right with three dogs on my left and two on my right. If he’d hit me it wouldn’t have been the dogs he had to worry about 🤣

skinnydipper

Visit site
Why do people do these things?

Because they are stupid.

If they felt they really couldn't wait a moment longer to throw the ball, it wouldn't occur to them to turn round and throw the ball down the empty path behind them. Nah, why do that when you can send your dogs hurtling full speed at other people's dogs.

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
On my walk yesterday meet a pleasant looking young woman with two border collies, one black one brindle and brown. The black one marched straight towards me while I stared at the young woman expecting her to call it off. She didn't, and when it reached me it put its front paws on my ribcage. I pushed it off and it got straight back up. I pushed it off and flapped my fleece at it repeatedly while I asked her to call it off. She gave me a mouthful which I didn't hear because I was too busy trying to stop her dog jumping on me again. I suggested that the law required her to be able to control her dog and have it on a lead if she couldn't. Her reply, I heard clearly.

"F*** off you stupid bitch".

bonny

Visit site
One day she will get a smack in the teeth.

There is only so long you can go through life talking to people like that, before someone puts you firmly back in your place.
Just like road rage, always worth having a fight over who stole whose lane or in the case of dogs who should have had their dog on a lead!

SilverLinings

Visit site
On my walk yesterday meet a pleasant looking young woman with two border collies, one black one brindle and brown. The black one marched straight towards me while I stared at the young woman expecting her to call it off. She didn't, and when it reached me it put its front paws on my ribcage. I pushed it off and it got straight back up. I pushed it off and flapped my fleece at it repeatedly while I asked her to call it off. She gave me a mouthful which I didn't hear because I was too busy trying to stop her dog jumping on me again. I suggested that the law required her to be able to control her dog and have it on a lead if she couldn't. Her reply, I heard clearly.

"F*** off you stupid bitch".
I'm sorry you had an encounter with someone like that @ycbm, I know how that sort of thing makes me feel, and it certainly does nothing to improve my day. I don't understand why there are so many horrible people around at the moment. Society is so much nicer and easier if we are all polite and respect each other's space, but an awful lot of people just don't seem to care any more. I wonder whether the certain online behaviour (particularly bullying and trolling) is now spilling over into the real world, as I don't know what else has changed to make so many people behave so nastily towards strangers. There also no longer appears to be any sense of shame/embarrasment related to behaving appallingly in public :(

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
ycbm, hopefully it won't happen again, but you can try raising your knee, if you can keep your balance, to block a dog jumping up. I'm afraid I put a hand on the the muzzle and put the dog back on the floor again but can appreciate that not everyone wants to do that with a strange dog.

There was a big black loose dog bothering a couple of older ladies in the city centre years ago so I went and roared at it and it came and leapt on me instead and covered me in muddy pawprints 🤣

Last edited:

Smitty

Visit site
I had this to a degree with a Lab in a pub that continually jumped up whilst I was waiting to be served. I kept telling it to stop, got filthy looks from owner who subsequently paired up with a gun dog trainer and had at least 3 sitting in the open boot of her car without moving for ages 😄

But she was still a cow because I witnessed her pull a little pony over that she was leading at a canter from a horse. Downhill, round a bend, couldn't keep up ...