Irresponsible Owners

SAujla

Visit site
I was so hoping you were going to accidentally have pushed laughing boy into the canal
Its bothered me all day, I should have said something a bit more forceful than what I did but I just wanted to get past them with Clover. The canal is not clean at all either. Even if she wanted to go in being pushed from behind is disgusting.

GSD Woman

Visit site
That video is appalling. That dog should have been immediately removed from the situations where is he was lunging and locked on.

GSD Woman

Visit site
We have a park near us where a lot of that has happened, obviously I never go there now. My breeder said she never makes a profit on any litter she produces

Both Freddie and Rudy's breeders occasionally make money unless you count the raising, titling, feeding and health tests and lifetime care of the bitches. Of course sometimes they lose money especially if emergency care is needed.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Took Bear to the river today. We were walking along the bank when a family with a French bulldog on an extendable lead approached. The woman holding the lead allowed it to come towards Bear who was heeling me backwards-useful trick (because I had a ball in my hand). I signalled him to the side and they were quick to reassure me that ‘theirs is fine’. I said ‘Mine isn’t’ and they hurriedly pulled it away. Engage your brain! If I put my dog in a sit to one side, I don’t want yours allowed to get in his face, duh! He wouldn’t actually do anything, he was totally focused on me/his ball.

Last edited:

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
OH got involved in trying to round up a loose terrier today. No idea what the correct protocol in this situation is but it ended up hiding under a parked car while he tried to pull it out by the collar. Understandably it went for him as it was so frightened (not helped by owners' kids shouting and screaming the whole time) and it got away. Thankfully it dashed inside its house eventually but it was like watching my worst nightmare unfold - the roads are fairly busy with a main road just the other end of the street where the poor thing wouldn't have stood a chance against the traffic. The owner seemed to find it all funny.

Clodagh

Visit site
This is a different form of irresponsible but my niece does hydrotherapy and she’s currently working with a dog that is a tetraplegic after an RTA. He might, one day, be able to stand with support. I really hate that, I love our dogs far too much to ‘play’ with them in that way.

asmp

Visit site
I thought it was bad form of Tom McEwan to throw a tantrum (and his hat) after he came off at Luhmuhlen yesterday until I heard the reason why. A silly woman had a dog on an extendable lead and it had gone on the course in front of the fence and caused his horse to jump off it’s line. She’s very lucky neither horse nor rider had a serious accident.

Clodagh

Visit site
I thought it was bad form of Tom McEwan to throw a tantrum (and his hat) after he came off at Luhmuhlen yesterday until I heard the reason why. A silly woman had a dog on an extendable lead and it had gone on the course in front of the fence and caused his horse to jump off it’s line. She’s very lucky neither horse nor rider had a serious accident.
They need banning from events. Presumably when someone dies as a result of negligence they will be.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
This is a different form of irresponsible but my niece does hydrotherapy and she’s currently working with a dog that is a tetraplegic after an RTA. He might, one day, be able to stand with support. I really hate that, I love our dogs far too much to ‘play’ with them in that way.

When we had Jake’s cancer diagnosis, we got talking to one of the vet nurses who had had a similar diagnosis. We made the decision to pts the day after the diagnosis because he couldn’t walk due to the tumours in his spine. The vet nurse told us some months later how her dog hadn’t recovered and had stayed, unable to get out of its bed, incontinent for weeks. I was so sad.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
When we had Jake’s cancer diagnosis, we got talking to one of the vet nurses who had had a similar diagnosis. We made the decision to pts the day after the diagnosis because he couldn’t walk due to the tumours in his spine. The vet nurse told us some months later how her dog hadn’t recovered and had stayed, unable to get out of its bed, incontinent for weeks. I was so sad.

Why would you do that to a dog?

On the Hoof

Visit site
Well today my little BC was overwhelmed by a large young Rottweiller who had no collar on. The owner had a smaller Rottie with him (also without a collar) and was holding one collar in his hand. He called and shouted at his dog to go to him to no avail and I suggested that he needed another approach. He put the collar on the dog with him (??) claiming that this dog by his side was responsible for pulling the collar off the other dog - well fine but why only one collar between two of them - he then said that they had run out of the house so I suggested he should have picked up another collar and two leads before chasing after them.... meanwhile my dog , bears the brunt of the other dogs attentions. Another hapless dog walker walks into the middle of this and Rottie 1 turns attention to her puppy so I start to escape and then felt bad about the little puppy so went back, took the shoulder strap off my dog bag, put it round Rottie 1 neck and let it back to owner who then seemed to want to give me his life story - eh no mate Im outa here and you cant have my shoulder strap so why dont you ring someone to bring a lead - he has no phone .... he claims.... I give up and walk away with my dog and shoulder strap while he lies on the ground on top of his Rottie...... 1 hour later I m walking back roughly in that direction and am telling a woman about the man and she says she had just seen him wandering around asking people if they had seen two Rotties.....
I have no words

Nasicus

Visit site
Local drug dealer has taken to going out late at night the last few weeks, leaving behind his Mastiff x Bordeaux and 'Staffy' (a bloody pit/bully thing if ever I saw it).
We've been treated to howling, barking, screaming, shrieking and crying from the pair of them for hours on end from 10pm onwards. Made all the better thanks to him leaving the back door open for them to shriek and howl outside to echo all around the valley. 'Staffy' in particular going absolutely mental.
And believe it or not, this was a particularly quiet moment for them:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reported to the council, but doubt any action will be taken. DD is an absolute blight upon the street and nothing ever seems to happen to him despite reports.

scats

Visit site
There was an incident on a local beach this weekend. Large dog attacked a horse. Both horse and rider went down and rider was injured and on the ground. Dog owner put lead on dog and left the scene! Thankfully there was a couple nearby who rang an ambulance and one of them stayed with the rider while the other pursued the dog owner (young woman) and asked her to stay to talk to police who had been called. She actually filmed the woman walking away as evidence of the person involved. Woman refused to stay. She was going to leave an injured person on the ground.
Anyway, rider is ok, but shaken. She was stretchered into an ambulance with blood all over her face. Horse ok, just swollen leg apparently.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
There was an incident on a local beach this weekend. Large dog attacked a horse. Both horse and rider went down and rider was injured and on the ground. Dog owner put lead on dog and left the scene! Thankfully there was a couple nearby who rang an ambulance and one of them stayed with the rider while the other pursued the dog owner (young woman) and asked her to stay to talk to police who had been called. She actually filmed the woman walking away as evidence of the person involved. Woman refused to stay. She was going to leave an injured person on the ground.
Anyway, rider is ok, but shaken. She was stretchered into an ambulance with blood all over her face. Horse ok, just swollen leg apparently.

That’s absolutely outrageous. Her dog has caused someone to come off and she’s walked away? Leaving the rider on the ground? Gobsmacking. ??

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Local drug dealer has taken to going out late at night the last few weeks, leaving behind his Mastiff x Bordeaux and 'Staffy' (a bloody pit/bully thing if ever I saw it).
We've been treated to howling, barking, screaming, shrieking and crying from the pair of them for hours on end from 10pm onwards. Made all the better thanks to him leaving the back door open for them to shriek and howl outside to echo all around the valley. 'Staffy' in particular going absolutely mental.
And believe it or not, this was a particularly quiet moment for them:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reported to the council, but doubt any action will be taken. DD is an absolute blight upon the street and nothing ever seems to happen to him despite reports.

I wonder if the RSPCA would come out? Maybe worth giving them a call?

Nasicus

Visit site
I wonder if the RSPCA would come out? Maybe worth giving them a call?
They'd be no use. By all accounts, the dogs are decently well looked after. They're fed (well, if you consider Bakers a food lmao), watered and otherwise fit and healthy, so the RSPCA would have nothing to go on. He's just the epitome of irresponsible dog owner.

Smitty

Visit site
But that is exactly what you should do if your dog attacks, maims, kills or causes an accident. Get away as quickly as you possibly can in the hope that you will never be held responsible for your dog' s behaviour and you can just carry on causing more mayhem and misery?

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
I was in my garden earlier this morning waiting to speak to the postman.
He was coming towards me when from across the other end of the park infront of my house a vizsla ran up and started barking, growling and lunging at him.
The poor man froze he looked absolutely terrified.
The owner appeared shouting on the dog. It totally ignored her. I shouted on her to get the dog on a lead so she started shouting and swearing at me.
By this point I had retreated to my porch, the dog then ran at me and tried to get into my house.
I have a small dog ornament on the inside of my door and I picked it up and was going to lob it at the dog. The owner continued screaming at me and at the dog.
She eventually caught it and headed off across the park cursing and swearing.
The poor postman was absolutely shocked, but said he was OK.
This dog is never on the lead, it has caused problems before with other people and has ran up and growled at me before when I was out with my own dog.
I have reported the matter to the local dog warden and tried to report it to the police .
The police stated that they cannot get involved because no one was bitten.
Next week is the school holidays in Scotland and the park has a swing park which is usually full of small children I can only imagine the carnage that dog could cause, but hey-ho the police need to wait until someone is bitten. Wonder how long that will take.