Izzy Taylor prison?!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It should be reported. Employers who exploit and endanger staff should be held accountable for their actions.

It's pretty astonishing that a conviction of a high profile rider for very serious safety breaches isn't being reported by the only national equestrian news channel, isn't it?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Wow she is running / has run 9 horses at Aston-le-Walls Wednesday- Sunday and has 15 horses entered at Upton House Tuesday-Thursday this coming week of which 6 have run at Aston. I wonder if those 6 will be withdrawn or will run again? Upton is a tough hilly course so soon after Aston!!

And theoretically had sentencing not been moved again, she could have been in prison 😡

Kunoichi73

Visit site
It's pretty astonishing that a conviction of a high profile rider for very serious safety breaches isn't being reported by the only national equestrian news channel, isn't it?
I think it's disgraceful. From what I've read on here, employment protection in horse circles seems to be non-existent (or at the very least, ignored or circumvented). There should be much more reporting of exploitation and employers who take advantage of staff should be named and shamed and lose sponsorship etc. There is plenty of talk about social license and riding, but this should also include how staff are treated. It seems to me that too many employers take advantage of the fact that their staff love horses and are concerned about animal welfare and use it as an excuse to pay poorly, expect people to work ridiculous hours, work in unsafe conditions, not give decent holidays or pensions etc. Obviously this sort of attitude by employers isn't just limited to horse related careers, but it shouldn't be tolerated in any industry.

onemoretime

Visit site
Makes you wonder if given she's clearly pally with a lawyer some sort of embargo has been put in place to protect her "career"

She's certainly getting a very easy ride I doubt us mere mortals would get the same...

Disappointing H&H aren't reporting it and that she's still being allowed to continue as normal

Well yes it does make you wonder I must say, but do you think that is possible? I know the "old boys network" is still alive and kicking!

Birker2020

Visit site
Wow she is running / has run 9 horses at Aston-le-Walls Wednesday- Sunday and has 15 horses entered at Upton House Tuesday-Thursday this coming week of which 6 have run at Aston. I wonder if those 6 will be withdrawn or will run again? Upton is a tough hilly course so soon after Aston!!
We were fence judging today at Aston Le Walls and saw her compete on various horses.

TheMule

Visit site

But Aston is flat and barely more than a fitness canter for the horses- I wouldn’t see any problem running fit horses that close. And her eventing ability is not in question here, or her management of the horses.

Squeak

Visit site
I saw that doing the rounds on FB again yesterday. Thought that it was interesting that someone had cared enough to resurface/ post it again as it looked like a new post rather than a shared old one.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site

Velcrobum

Visit site
She might have been having to move regardless of the court case
copied and pasted

Lucky she has decided to move....North West Bicester Eco TownIf the plans are approved, Gowell Farm, a barn and an outbuilding on Aldershot Farm, will be demolished.In their place would be developed 1,000 houses, social and community facilities, land to accommodate a new primary school and a secondary school.