Jeremy Clarkson

Rollin

Visit site
I thought he was better on why trains always stop at Reading because of jumpers. Frantic messages to interviewers to end discussion. Oh so naughty.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
After watching his embarassing performance on The One Show last night - just antagonistic nonsense he spouted - I would only vote for him to have his mouth taped shut.:cool:

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I don't know why people bother complaining about him, I'm sure he only does it to annoy people, why let him get to you?

Love seeing matt baker being made to feel uncomfortable, he's a great guy, but never seems to know how to manage the more unruly guests :D

suestowford

Visit site
I was annoyed about his stupid comments about striking, but horrified by what he said about train jumpers.
But then I've never understood why so many people like him, I've obviously not got the right sense of humour to get his jokes - at least, I'm hoping he was joking?

Alec Swan

Visit site
Very funny, and he isn't alone in his thoughts!! Well said Clarkson, you're working for the greater good, it's only a shame that those who would strike, don't.

I'd go further; sack those who strike, and fill their places with the all so often equally qualified, unemployed. Let's see how the wannabe strikers manage on the dole! ;)

Alec.

ps. As a foot note, I'm wearing my Pedantic hat!! :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site

Is Unison the new government ?
Power seems to have gone to their heads, not content with trying to leave the sick and elderly without care, children without education, the grieving unable to bury their dead, they now want to deprive us of Top Gear.

I never thought I'd say this, but bring back Mrs Thatcher. Someone needs to have the balls to stop this madness.

FairyLights

Visit site
Very funny, and he isn't alone in his thoughts!! Well said Clarkson, you're working for the greater good, it's only a shame that those who would strike, don't.

I'd go further; sack those who strike, and fill their places with the all so often equally qualified, unemployed. Let's see how the wannabe strikers manage on the dole! ;)

Alec.

ps. As a foot note, I'm wearing my Pedantic hat!! :D
I agree Alec Do you want to stand for parliament? I'll vote for you.

ChristmasPixie

Visit site
hmm

Have to admit some of his comments make me smile but I simply cannot become a fan of this man since he said all horse riders should be banned from the roads/lanes or taxed to use them..... as we get in the way of his oh so wonderful heaps of overpriced junk. Grrrr. lol :D

Jerroboam

Visit site
Once again Clarkson might have been joking regarding taxing horses etc, given that his little girls are often seen hacking, on the roads, outside Chipping Norton! He's amazing! For PM!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
hmm

Have to admit some of his comments make me smile but I simply cannot become a fan of this man since he said all horse riders should be banned from the roads/lanes or taxed to use them..... as we get in the way of his oh so wonderful heaps of overpriced junk. Grrrr. lol :D

He and his wife keep Icelandic ponies at home.

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
Dave Prentis appears to have had his sense of humour surgically removed. Of course Jeremy Clarkson is being deliberately provocative, it's what he does. It adds to the debate imho.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Go Jeremy! Thank goodness someone still has the balls to be provocative. And judging from the woman on Radio 2 this afternoon moaning about him ... funniest bit of radio I've heard in a long time - oh the irony! :D

Mrs B

Visit site
Go Jeremy! Thank goodness someone still has the balls to be provocative. And judging from the woman on Radio 2 this afternoon moaning about him ... funniest bit of radio I've heard in a long time - oh the irony! :D

Aw! I missed that! I thought Matt B and Alex's faces were a picture :D I mean, what did the producers think he was going to do: share his secret mince pie recipe?!

dressagelove

Visit site
I love Jeremy Clarkson! He should so be PM, stop everyone farting about in the world.
Alec, I quite agree. Why should people get to strike when they are privileged enough to even HAVE a job. The are plenty who would relieve them of them if so wished.

We have a deficit, we are all in the same position. Things will pick up, and in time, so will pensions. Just wait it out people!!!

Hollyberry

Visit site
Much as Jeremy Clarkson irritates me, he does also make me laugh and he is right on the button with this one. Idiots who striked yesterday might not be so smug if they were instantly replaced. In these difficult times anybody who has a secure job should be thankful, there are not many people who have a secure pension in store for them and for too long the public sector have been pandered and spoilt and yes I know a lot of them do a good job, I am one of them, but you have got to be realistic in the financial mess we are in and just belt up and get on with it like a lot of people in the private sector are doing.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Perhaps on a more serious note, I just do wonder if those who receive massive bonuses, and wages to match, the banking sector, were forced into accepting that in our worldwide recession, they are not prima donors, and need to accept less, then the striking section of our community, might find LESS, to be a little more palatable.

I know of many men who were earning £10 an hour and are now on £8. If they can accept that we live in straightened times, then why can't those who are now going on strike?

We're living through very difficult days, people. We need to cut our cloth, according to our means, and those who have decided that they are special cases, need to remove themselves from their own rear ends.

I'm sorry if life is difficult for you, but the rest of us are finding life a tad difficult too.

A. :(

Pedantic

Visit site
I find him entertaining, obviously the offendergasmers will be hyperventilating while wetting their pants, demanding he be sacked, refund my licence fee, points of view blah blah blah etc etc etc adnauseum, for anyone bothered, errrrr hellooooooo, waves, I think he was joking,.................... or was he DEN DEN DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNN.......:rolleyes:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Not only are we all strapped for cash/out of work/living on own basic brands (well, except for all those people with jobs they can strike from :rolleyes:) but we are not allowed to joke about anything anymore ....

Gawd help us all ............:(

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Not only are we all strapped for cash/out of work/living on own basic brands (well, except for all those people with jobs they can strike from :rolleyes:) but we are not allowed to joke about anything anymore ....

I think chris evans on radio2 said a similar thing, its not all doom and gloom, yes there's no money around and it is pretty rubbish at the moment, but that doesn't mean having fun is banned, laughter is free after all.

Unless that put a tax on fun?! :D

dressagelove

Visit site

Yes, totally agree with all of this Rowreach, got it spot on there

noblesteed

Visit site
I think it would be funny if Mr Clarkson had an accident today and ended up in an NHS hospital... LOVE to be the nurse who dealt with him...
Trousers down Mr Clarkson, this won't hurt....

This from the man who claims that global warming isn't actually happening... Dear me!

Mince Pie

Visit site
Is Unison the new government ?
Power seems to have gone to their heads, not content with trying to leave the sick and elderly without care, children without education, the grieving unable to bury their dead, they now want to deprive us of Top Gear.

I never thought I'd say this, but bring back Mrs Thatcher. Someone needs to have the balls to stop this madness.
I totally agree :)

Jeremy Clarkson has been in the public eye long enough for people to realise that he IS an antagonist - it's what he does... If you don't like him then turn the TV off over switch to a different channel. Personally he is one of my favourite writers/journalist/presenters and I say "hear hear" to nearly everything he says.