Jumping into the weekend.. plans?

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
Gambit has his physio tomorrow morning so will be a quiet one for him (3 months overdue thanks to covid :rolleyes:)
We dodged the rain last night and had a lovely hack, the ground is absolutely perfect at the moment for a canter!
I have a lesson on a school horse on Sunday, so looking forward to riding something different for the second week running, not sure who I have this time around so that will be a nice surprise.

dorsetladette

Visit site
I'm off to pick B2 up from the lovely lady who has worked so hard with him. Unfortunately we have decided that a ridden career just isn't for him. His reaction are just to unpredictable to be a safe pony for anyone to ride.

Onward's and upward's with the in hand showing - when we can

j1ffy

Visit site
More playing around with this cutie :cool:

Might see if I can arrange a lesson again soon, just waiting to see if my car is actually "fixed" from a coolant leak before towing. Fingers crossed!

Have a good weekend all :)
View attachment 50187

She’s so pretty! Her face is so similar to my baby PRE’s, I had to look twice :p

1E54CD90-6601-4CE8-A4B7-9C5E2C9A4C05.jpeg

J&S

Visit site
Went to ride the big horse today. So pleased to be going. It was a shock to see him though, he looked like the wild stallion from some movie, all flying mane and tail. Last time I saw him was mid march and he was still a clipped out hunter!! However after rather a lot of detangling, brushing and wiping down he looked fit to ride, albeit with a foot long mane! He was absolutely perfect, ears up and interested, despite some big traffic, mad quad biker and florescent runners. Hoping to get another season of winter trec with him, maybe a fun ride in the autumn . His family love him but no one wants to ride any more, this will be the beginning of the fifth year that I have had the pleasure of exercising him. Next year we will have 101 years between us!!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I'm 50 (FIFTY)!!!! tomorrow. Omg how, when did that happen....

So tonight I'm having 2 friends round to get rained on in the garden. Tomorrow I have a dressage lesson followed by fizz and cake at the farm with a few liverh friends. Monday Katie is going to a XC clinic and on Wednesday I'm going to a day camp at Somerford with 15 friends. We are all doing a mixture of SJ, XC, farm ride or dressage lesson in small groups. I've chosen farm ride and XC on Toby. Just can't wait. Have fun all x

Bernster

Visit site
AE happy birthday! 50 birthday celebrations round here too. Joint get together tmrw lunch in the garden with a small group of friends. Have gone crazy and gone for bunting and lots of 50 party decorations.

also yay on the horse. vet came today and gave him the all clear. Flexed fine on both hinds. wasnt moving quite as well on left fore as right fore but not enough to warrant further investigation. Would have passed him if it were for a 5 stage vetting. Phew. So we crack on with physio, dentist, new saddle (gulp) and see how he goes.

C1airey

Visit site
Immediate plans on hold as vet has just been to do pony’s teeth and popped out a wolf tooth. So, day off tomorrow as planned and then in-hand for a few days. I’m hoping the tooth is the source of the occasional head tossing.

j1ffy

Visit site

So tonight I'm having 2 friends round to get rained on in the garden. Tomorrow I have a dressage lesson followed by fizz and cake at the farm with a few liverh friends. Monday Katie is going to a XC clinic and on Wednesday I'm going to a day camp at Somerford with 15 friends. We are all doing a mixture of SJ, XC, farm ride or dressage lesson in small groups. I've chosen farm ride and XC on Toby. Just can't wait. Have fun all x

Happy birthday AE!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Really pleased with Darcy today. Rode him yesterday at home and he was trying his absolute hardest to concentrate when the horses next door started galloping up and down their tracks :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: so frustrating when he's really doing his best, I could have just insisted he carry on but it's a big big ask and at the moment I don't see the point of scrabbling round just coping when he should now be really learning things. So hopped off and booked arena hire as soon as I got his tack off ;)

it was busy today, horses on the xc course, someone hopping round the SJs next door and someone else using a circular saw in the shed opposite. Not a hair out of line from Darcy, which sort of backed up my theory i think? he can cope with distractions just not in the hedge school of doom.
he just got straight to work. we have a good shoulder in both ways, travers and half pass on the right but it's a bit stiff on the left. I was pleased with his canterwork today too, left is just a bit stiff still but he will now properly try so I don't think it will be too long before it matches the right. He feels like a proper horse now, catching up at last :D and I'm super pleased with his bargainous saddle upgrade as well (yay for 2nd hand amerigos which ride just like equipes but aren't as fashionable! ;) )

104591754_3371182336226586_2606388675941120251_o.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
more thru the ears, afternoon arena hire for Kira :D this is the yard I'm trying to worm my way into, which also has a hedge but it's noooowhere near as scary because it's not enclosing the whole place :)
Good work from Kira today, lots of sideways, finishing with a look at the GP zigzag which is amazingly rideable if I just put our collective minds to it o_O first go was scrappy, then I sort of just decided to try and do it better :oops: funny how that works! Clever topcob. She's not competition fit yet because of all her time off but she's more or less de-feraled so that's a start ;)

104878658_3371989042812582_2011538489865278439_o.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Happy birthday AE!
I had a jumping lesson today! So glad to be back out. Didn't miss the driving though after being cut up at two different roundabouts ?
Only kept it small as I haven't jumped a course in 10 weeks but Buzz was so keen, he was really enjoying himself. Even my instructor commented that he looked more springy without his shoes on! Reading about you working on long strides Roxylola reminded me that my instructor says that when the jumps are small and takes Buzz takes a long stride he kind of just stretches out his front end but not his back end?! Doesn't happen as they get bigger, he's just lazy ? so that needs some work!

Long hack again in the morning, to lose more weight and get fitter ?
And just because he's super handsome...
FB_IMG_1592677703728.jpg
FB_IMG_1592677712628.jpg

oldie48

Visit site

Happy Birthday AE I hope you've had a fantastic day. Honestly 50 is nothing these days, all you need is a good dentist, decent hairdresser and good friends!
I've had a good week since bringing Rose home, she looks fantastic and my new air jacket has given me a lot of confidence. We've hacked out,several times but Friday she was a bit nappy, I was happy enough to give her a good boot and the odd smack and we got through it. TBH It didn't surprise me in the least as she was leaving home after a break and she wanted to stay at home with Fatty. I had a lesson today, a bit of schooling and bit of pole work, she was a bit behind the leg, ignored the first trot/canter transition, got a kick which she ignored, then a smack. We had a bit of a half hearted buck then she got her arse in gear and did some really nice work. I will post separately about the confidence that the air jacket is giving me cos it might help someone else. Any way I'm busy planning outings and activity, whereas at a point in lockdown I was thinking of giving up riding completely and becoming an old lady!

catembi

Visit site
I took Tiffany for a lesson today and we did some Le Trec style training. Started in hand, then ridden. She was amazing! There was a lesson just finishing when we arrived, so she got to see more lorries and more horses. All very exciting! We tackled so many things...walking over a black mat, a blue one, a water tray with water in it, between poles, over poles, bending poles, between jumps... You’d think she’d been doing it forever!

Here are some photos. Not sure how to post a video!

Attachments

• 1AF4FD2B-DA7F-4927-B223-F10769FB1718.jpeg
    1AF4FD2B-DA7F-4927-B223-F10769FB1718.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 21
  • D4064CE1-BC56-47DD-BA2B-B905CFAABA1D.jpeg
    D4064CE1-BC56-47DD-BA2B-B905CFAABA1D.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2426F20C-8AE9-453B-A29C-56A8E8B43C55.jpeg
    2426F20C-8AE9-453B-A29C-56A8E8B43C55.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 481462AA-CEAB-4A32-957B-26A872A9FA87.jpeg
    481462AA-CEAB-4A32-957B-26A872A9FA87.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 19

scats

Visit site
I’ve had Millie for 2 years today. We celebrated by going and a little saunter around the fields this evening and she had a huge meltdown at a patch of bare ground on the path that she has walked over with no issues for the last 2 years... its just as well I find her amusing!
We made it past eventually... with much theatrics and dragon snorting...

oldie48

Visit site
I'd have had to come round and give you a socially distanced kick up the bum if that happened ?
So pleased you're back on track ?
Thank you , that is so kind. I turned up for my lesson at AMD with JS on tues (after the naughty pony escapade) and told her that I'd bought an air jacket which was in the lorry, her reply was classic JS and I limped off to put it on. I think for anyone having a bit of a wobble, it's really worth the investment.

Sheep

Visit site
I had a lesson on Thurs night, went very well. We had a couple of unruly moments but nothing too wild, more funny than anything!! Anyway horse went very nicely. To be honest my riding needs improving more than his way of going does... finished up with a bit of sitting trot practice, it went surprisingly well! Next lesson in 2wks time.

XC schooling for OH this morning. Unfortunately he took a tumble when horse decided to spook at a tyre fence ? which knocked his confidence a wee bit. Still, he got straight back on and got stuck back into it, and all went well in the end. A local eventer is running a clinic next weekend at the same venue, so hoping he can attend, just depends on work. Anyway all ended on a good note & horse went really nicely once he was back in the zone!

Clinic again for me tomorrow, weather not looking too good though ? then I think horse will have a day or 2 off in the field to chill, will focus on hacking next week and giving him a bit of a quiet week esp if xc- again next weekend.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Happy birthday AE.

Of to pick asbo pony up tomorrow morning.

Had a lovely hack with livery this morning, we've really enjoyed this time without asbo pony. We've been able to hack without the worry of him hurting himself or causing general mayhem.

Can I justify getting a companion for a (now) companion pony?

Reacher

Visit site
Happy Birthday AE!

Didn’t manage to get out much last week, combination of rain and tiredness/ lack of motivation. Went for hack yesterday and bumped into friend on her horse so had nice hack with her, dodging tractors and trailers flying around silaging.

Got lesson today, had outdoor jumping on grass pencilled in for a change but weather rather blustery so suspect we will be indoors doing more transitions working on getting him more uphill and working towards getting a flying change in canter on request (as opposed to the fact he can throw one in in a jumping round where he feels appropriate).
Jumping lesson also booked mid week.

Have fun everyone!