Kate & Wills attending Rodeo...

Foxhunter49

Visit site
I love a good rodeo!
Have you seen the money that a good bronc or bull fetches? It is as much of not more than a top jumper.

The animals look exceedingly well, a good shine to their coats and when you look at the amount of work time they do it is not a hard life.

The bulls will stop bucking and trot straight to the exit as soon as the rider is despatched - the broncs have the bucking strap removed by the out riders as soon as they rider is off or has done his time.

The only thing I do not like is the goat tying, cannot see the point of it. The rest is traditional to the working cowboy and still goes on at many ranches.

Do not believe all you read in the newspapers and do not criticise something that you have never seen.

Horses die NH racing here, so who are we to dictate what they can do?

Teddybully

Visit site
Do not believe all you read in the newspapers and do not criticise something that you have never seen.

And how would you know if i've never seen it?!

No one is dictating what they can and cannot do just whether it's necessary for our Royals to be seen as endorsing it.

So just because a horse has a sheen on its coat and only is subjected to a few minutes of abuse now and again it's ok?

babymare

Visit site
well didnt take long lol get at will and kate oh ffs - ok managers talking in kitchen as they going to same rodeo ( all exspenses paid lol) and whilst im not a lover who am i to judge given the cruelty in this country at mo - as for kate I hope she gives the world that lovely smile of hers and shows why some of us are proud of the lovely couple :) lets just leave them alone to get on with giving some good to this country :)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
It's their lives, let them get on with it....if there was any doubt as to whether it was dubious, do you think the Establishment would allow them to go?

No-one would dare defy Her Majesty, not even Wills, who is in line to be King!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Wouldn't life be boring if we all had the same opinion.

Been to rodeos and ridden in a very small one :p saw no cruelty whatsoever. Just people who live and breathe their horses, just because people do things differently, doesn't mean it is wrong, and no, I am not riding a cowboy nor do I have any intention of doing so :p

babymare

Visit site
mmmm my hero monty rode in rodeos i think lol - yep not a love of mine but mmmm nor is racing in this country(please do not jump on me just not a lover of it but mmm niether show jumping to lol) so whilst blatant cruellty i hate i can not comment on a rodeo and come on do you really think the organisers will show cruellty when the young couple there **** sits thinking of the cases of blatant horrific cruellty highlighted on HH - fillly with back legs broken , young colt left to die under a plastic sheet( the photo of the rspca girl sat with him at end will stay with me) -lets clean this country up first dont you think :)

Foxhunter49

Visit site
And how would you know if i've never seen it?!

No one is dictating what they can and cannot do just whether it's necessary for our Royals to be seen as endorsing it.

So just because a horse has a sheen on its coat and only is subjected to a few minutes of abuse now and again it's ok?

It is not abuse - most of the horses that are in the top rodeos are pretty much unbreakable and buck for the sheer love of it. Outside of the ring they are well cared for and exercised on walkers and tread mills to keep them fit. They have a good break out of season where they are turned out to relax and graze.
Odds are that without the rodeo these horses would be hanging on a hook.

You might have seen a rodeo, who knows but I doubt very much that you have ever spent time behind the scenes to see what really goes on.

I have.

There are some places where things are very wrong and should be stopped but at a high class rodeo like Calgary it is of the highest standard.

Kokopelli

Visit site
I love a good rodeo!
Have you seen the money that a good bronc or bull fetches? It is as much of not more than a top jumper.

The animals look exceedingly well, a good shine to their coats and when you look at the amount of work time they do it is not a hard life.

The bulls will stop bucking and trot straight to the exit as soon as the rider is despatched - the broncs have the bucking strap removed by the out riders as soon as they rider is off or has done his time.

The only thing I do not like is the goat tying, cannot see the point of it. The rest is traditional to the working cowboy and still goes on at many ranches.

I thought I was literally the only one on here who thinks rodeos are awesome!

People don't seem to understand that like with everything you get bad ones but you also get really good ones which are a blast for the whole family and the animals!

A lot of people have such a misinformed opinion of rodeos.

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
Charles and Diana went to the Calgary Stampede, as did Andrew and Sarah. It appears to be a popular first overseas public appearance thing for newly wed Royals. C&D and A&S did [separate] tours of Canada, and as I recall they are given a fur coat each somewhere, the protocol is to accept the gift but not touch/wear it. Sarah put her coat on and got in a bit of trouble for it!

(I dunno if Edward and Sophie went)

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I went to a rodeo a few months ago and thought that it was great fun! Most of the events were roping and barrel racing and I could see little 'abuse' going on. The horse all looked well cared for and seemed to really enjoy their job! TBH I think it would be worse if they were seen going to a bull fight then a rodeo!

Little Squirrel

Visit site
Love how NH racing gets brought into it! Horses can die in any sport, accidents happen. Horses can drop dead in a field so does this mean we shouldn't turn them out for fear of breaking a leg?
People who don't know what goes on in a sport and just jump on the cruelty bamdwagon should really either A: Find out either how well or not horses are really looked after or B: Keep their oppinions to themselves.

peanut

Visit site
Love how NH racing gets brought into it! Horses can die in any sport, accidents happen. Horses can drop dead in a field so does this mean we shouldn't turn them out for fear of breaking a leg?
People who don't know what goes on in a sport and just jump on the cruelty bamdwagon should really either A: Find out either how well or not horses are really looked after or B: Keep their oppinions to themselves.

I'm one who has actually asked for information about the sport as you suggest ..... but perhaps you are too busy on your own bandwagon to answer!

Pale Rider

Visit site
I understand that the calf hopeing is the most cruel as the calves very often break their backs. Rodeo is not for me so I wouldn't go, too much casual abuse.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
All of the calve roping I saw the calf was only tied for a minute at longest and all got up and left in perfect health! Maybe these accidents can happen but they can happen in any sport or even in an accident at a farm, cowboys care for their animals and these are all activities that take place day to day on a running ranch. I'm not saying other opinnions aren't valid but its not like the cowboys enjoy harming animals!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
"YAWN" I couldn't give a hoot about these too I must be one of the few who boycotted the Royal wedding saw 1 second of it and that was enough !!!!