Knowall novices

Smogul

Visit site
Just a thought, do you know for sure that both women are complete novices and that neither has any driving experience? It in no way defends her actions and she definitely should not have come into the school uninvited and tried to take over but maybe she now realises in hindsight that she overstepped the mark.

Very clear from their remarks that they know nothing about driving and not interested in learning as they already know everything. OH did try occasionally to explain what we were doing and why but it clearly didn't make any difference. Oh, well, not my problem any more.

Flicker

Visit site
It’s a thing! I was listening to a very interesting interview on Radio 4 a few years ago, with an NHS Dietician, talking about ‘nutritionists’ who get their ’qualifications’ from a 2 day online course and then think that they are qualified to give people dietary advice. She said that, because they don’t understand how much there is to understand on the subject, they think that with their tiny bit of knowledge they are now experts.

A little bit of knowledge truly is a dangerous thing!

Cinnamontoast, I read a funny statistic some time ago that 75% of drivers believe that they are ‘above average‘ in their driving ability lol

Smoky 2022

Visit site
People who behave like this is dangerous they cause drama and cause good people to be kicked out of yard. In my previous yard there was a lot of people like this.

maisie06

Visit site
How do you deal with them?
Two women have come to the yard. It is their first horse and they know everything. As I don't ride and "only" have a pony, I am assumed to be most in need of their advice. According to them: I pick out feet wrongly; harness doesn't fit properly and we put it on wrongly; pony should not be shod and needs more exercise.
Normally I am quite happy to let them rabbit on and ignore them. OH does occasionally try to engage with them but neither of them seem to listen. Last week one of them came into the school, watched for 2 minutes, said the pony was not bending correctly, marched up to the carriage and said she would show me how to do it. I completely lost my temper and told her that she and her friend made fools of themselves every time they opened their mouths. I then drove out of school as I was too annoyed to do anything sensible with the pony. I should say that pony is going through careful slow rehab with advice from vet, physio, remedial farrier and instructor, all of whom I would trust above someone who has owned a horse for 6 weeks and knows nothing about driving.
I have since had a text from second woman saying I need to apologise as her friend is too upset to come to yard. I am frankly still too irritated to care. OH says I should offer to apologise if they are prepared to attend his tutorial on harnessing up and can pass a test afterward!
What would you do?

I would buy and IPOD stick the headphones in, smile sweetly at them and get on with my day! Works a treat!!!