Laminitis with no improvement

lucymb

Visit site
So sorry to hear this.
Ive been thinking about how you were getting on so thank you for updating us.
You are doing the right thing and have done everything you could have done for her.?
Im sure she would love some time out in the paddock.

Equi

Visit site
Pic you have been incredible through out this all. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts x

Reactions: PSD

outdoor girl

Visit site
My lovely yard owner has said if I wish to, give her as much bute as I can and I can let her go in YOs paddock for a few hours tomorrow. I’m sure she will love that and she can spend her last day with us happy and content eating some grass. The vet has said they’d be happy to let her do this too

I've been following this, but not posted anything until now. I'm really sorry to hear of this outcome PSD, but you have tried everything you could to achieve a better result. This is what we did with our mare a few years ago. She had cushings related laminitis and although the cushings was under control, the vet and farrier couldn't get the laminitis under control. We tried everything we could but nothing worked. We organised for the vet to come one early afternoon, so after about 3 months on box rest, she had 4 bute and spent the morning out in the field, sound as a pound, with her mates, bucking, kicking, farting and eating grass and just being a horse again. Remember the good times. Thinking of you this week. P.S. Her name was Tilly too,

PSD

Visit site
My lovely yard owner has said if I wish to, give her as much bute as I can and I can let her go in YOs paddock for a few hours tomorrow. I’m sure she will love that and she can spend her last day with us happy and content eating some grass. The vet has said they’d be happy to let her do this too

I've been following this, but not posted anything until now. I'm really sorry to hear of this outcome PSD, but you have tried everything you could to achieve a better result. This is what we did with our mare a few years ago. She had cushings related laminitis and although the cushings was under control, the vet and farrier couldn't get the laminitis under control. We tried everything we could but nothing worked. We organised for the vet to come one early afternoon, so after about 3 months on box rest, she had 4 bute and spent the morning out in the field, sound as a pound, with her mates, bucking, kicking, farting and eating grass and just being a horse again. Remember the good times. Thinking of you this week. P.S. Her name was Tilly too,

oh bless her. The vet said that to me, give her 4 bute and put her out for afternoon tomorrow and let her just be a horse, after 5 months of box rest I am sure she will be more than happy to be out in the fresh air

MiniMilton

Visit site

I'm absolutely heartbroken for you. My mares last day was spent out in the field, grass in her mouth and sun on her back, with lots of bute. (also laminitis, and also with the same name as your mare!)
I will be thinking of you both on Friday x

Rosemary28

Visit site
Oh PSD I'm so sorry. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts. She is so so lucky to have had someone as caring as you as her owner.

meleeka

Visit site
I’m sorry it wasn’t better news. This bit is the hardest though, the deciding and the waiting. You can at least know you’ve tried absolutely everything.

I hope she can go peacefully with a mouth full of lush grass and all the love in world to send her on her way. It’s what I’d want if I were a horse x

holandmac

New User
Visit site
I am heartbroken for you, PSD. Been following this story for a while, it is so crystal clear that you have done everything in your power for your girl. I am sure she knows just how hard you have fought for her and is grateful to you, she is lucky to have such a fantastic owner. Thinking of you now and will be thinking of you on Friday. x

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I'm so sorry PSD, no one could have done more than you have. It's just heartbreaking to lose them, particularly when you have tried so hard, but this is the best and kindest thing you can do as an owner. We are all thinking of you.

Visit site
Incredibly sad for you PSD, ive been following your thread from the start and saying prayers that there would be improvement. I really wished there could have been a miracle outcome for you both. You have shown to everyone what an incredible owner you are, every horse would wish to have you as an owner. She does know how hard you've tried for her, of that I am sure. I will be thinking of you both on Friday. x

Spotherisk

Visit site
Devastating to have cared and tried so hard, the emotional toll is awful and I really feel for you as I’m certainly nowhere near being over mine being pts not long ago. Hoping she enjoys her time in the paddock and you can find enjoyment with her in these last few days.
I took hair from my geldings tail a few weeks before he passed, maybe take some? You might think you don’t want to but you can always put it to one side to consider what to do with it at a later date. Big hugs.

throughtheforest

Visit site
So sorry PSD, it's a debilitating condition to manage at times and you did your best for your dearly loved friend.
Mine was pts 3 years ago along with his elderly friend who had COPD, after an 18 month battle of managing the laminitis for one and COPD for the other.
Wishing you all the best at this difficult time x

PSD

Visit site
What a lovely picture. The weather couldn't be better for her today. Don't know where you are, but that awful cold wind has gone from here.

we are in Manchester, the weather is beautiful today I’m so glad for her. She struggled to get to the paddock but once her feet touched the grass I could see the happiness in her face. I’m just so thankful she is able to spend the day out in the sun being a horse

archiesmum

Visit site
I'm so, so sorry to see this, I had everything crossed for you both but what a lucky girl to have had you in her corner doing all that you could. A beautiful picture and I hope she loves every mouthful <3 Will be thinking of you tomorrow x