Larger natives

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Cant you just kind of close your eyes to the actual breeding, and just look for adverts and descriptions of ponies that suit you ? All my childhood, I never knew any of the breeding of any ponies I rode. You either just liked the pony or didnt. You might be limiting yourself by ruling out specific breeds. Bit like wedding dress shopping - they usually look rubbish on the hanger but look stunning when you put them on. Keep an open mind I say (though I do get the reluctance to have a grey)

you are quite right of course and when it came down to actual shopping I did go and see a couple of no particular breeding. I also tried Fells that were not for me but that was an issue of them being a bit green.This guy just gave me the right feel and proved himself capable and willing to do what I want, ie hack alone from the outset without scaring the bejeezus out of me, which he's been doing.

gratuitous native pony shot

attachment.php

Visit site
you are quite right of course and when it came down to actual shopping I did go and see a couple of no particular breeding. I also tried Fells that were not for me but that was an issue of them being a bit green.This guy just gave me the right feel and proved himself capable and willing to do what I want, ie hack alone from the outset without scaring the bejeezus out of me, which he's been doing.

attachment.php

this is such a stunning photo - gotta love a short fat hairy native (as I call them) :p

eahotson

Visit site
I don't want a grey because I lost my amazing horse at 11yo due to aggressive melanomas-no greys.

I rarely see a Connie these days with decent bone and apart from that, they would be out of budget and too sporty for my needs. I don't want to deal with a Section D brain-we would not be suited. I've known enough of them to know I don't want one (although I now expect to be regaled with stores of bombproof, sane Ds ;) )

Yup I have a section D bought to restore my shattered nerve after a very spooky Highland.Ridden by the novice,the nervous and the totally inadequate which is why I have him.

limestonelil

Visit site

attachment.php
No lovely pics of happy native ponies can be gratuitous. We need loads more please!!

JFTDWS

Visit site

attachment.php

Congratulations - what a lovely looking chap!

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
I don't want a grey because I lost my amazing horse at 11yo due to aggressive melanomas-no greys.

I rarely see a Connie these days with decent bone and apart from that, they would be out of budget and too sporty for my needs. I don't want to deal with a Section D brain-we would not be suited. I've known enough of them to know I don't want one (although I now expect to be regaled with stores of bombproof, sane Ds ;) )

I have a bomb proof Section D, hes bomb proof traffic proof wagon proof tractor proof anything big horrible and scary proof. However he is not fly spray proof or blowing raspberry proof ha ha ha! I could trust him to walk down the M6 in heavy traffic but stand in the stable with some fly spray, then your asking for a raging 15hh welsh cob to fly around the stable like a the big girl he really is! hahahaha wouldn't have him any other way though