Modern Pentathlon...

trendybraincell

Visit site
oh come of it, its one thing for it to be your weakest sport but some of these guys are terrible!!

I my opinion these people are at the olympics! How much time do other athletes put into their training, just because they do 5 sports does not excuse some of the riding we have seen.

carys220

Visit site
shocked.gif
can we speak to to WHW about this?? That horse is hurt!!!!

Faithkat

Visit site
I agree, I don't think it's so much a case of people who can't ride as horses that can't jump. Watching one them reminded ne very much of an Arab that I had . . . . he couldn't jump and looked just like the grey (is it him, I wonder, he was grey . . .!)

kazuk

New User
Visit site
Oh my god, what an awful sport, just seen a horse put its foot in the wall and its now lame and he's got back on to ride it out, luckly he left the arena, i think this section of the sport should be banned, not seen one round which has gone well.

MooMoo

Visit site
The commentator is really getting on my nerves, "the flighty hunhun" WHAT?!?!? "Fragile mind of this horse" No more than any other.
The horse's foot went through one of the blocks. Am now speechless..

jesterfaerie

Visit site
Poor Hunhun his rider was not helping him at all, from the angle behind you could see he went down and over on his hind leg and when he ran off he was very very short on it
frown.gif

lucretia

Visit site
you know when i organise BHS exams i was always careful to get horses in that could do the job virtually no matter what. i think this is so awful becaue the horses sadly are not prepared or of sufficient ability or both

daisycrazy

Visit site
That's why I reckon a few riders should give this a go - I can run 3km very fast and shoot accurately and I would certainly be able to learn how to fence. As for swimming, it's not my best sport but I think it's only a 200m swim so even I could survive that. Got on random horses for university competitions and would be quite happy to do it again. There must be plenty of other riders who could do this better than this lot.

trendybraincell

Visit site
I don't think I'd say the cruelest sport I've ever seen...but I am well and truely shocked by the riding, and frankly the treatment of some of the horses

Saf

community.webshots.com
The horses have to pass the test ride, I used to do the test riding and if a horse is not up to the job it is pulled, every horse is timed and faulted and then the best go into a hat, some are then kept as spares incase any go badly or are lame

trendybraincell

Visit site
some one said earlier the horses are warmed up by someone before the competitiors get on, they get 20 mins to get to know animal (which to their credit isn't alot) and then go

Flame_

Visit site
I agree its cruel. These people are trying to compete horses at something they're not good enough for. How is it acceptable for them to qualify to do this? How the he** do they get the loan of decent horses. Surely these cannot be the best all round athletes in their respective countries????

MooMoo

Visit site
It would be interesting to see the state of the horse's sides after that. I'm just still in shock, this is the olympics - they should either: get their own horses to train on OR learn to ride decently!