Modern Pentathlon...

carys220

Visit site
Can you imagine how many 'lay people' will tune in and think this is proper SJ????
frown.gif

carys220

Visit site
Some of the horses will be 'trying out' the riders....seeing what they can get away with....it can't be nice for the riders but there's no excuse for jabbing and whipping...if it's your Olympic sport then you'd damn well train and be good enough to get on any horse!!

atot

Visit site
QR

I doubt any of them would deliberately treat their horses unfairly. I have only been watching 5 minutes but bloody well done them.

Beanyowner

Visit site
One of my best friends is the travelling first reserve for the womens modern pentathlon and I know all the pentathletes.
The jumps are about 1m20 I think and the rider literally get on the horse, have a bit of a ride round to warm up and then go round the jumping course. You have to remember that for MANY of the athletes riding is something they have HAD to learn for the sport...especially with the guys. A lot of the girls come through from Pony Club and doing National Tets which gives them the riding experience before hand. Some of the horses can be right little shits too...they are not school masters...they are showjumpers and as we all know...they can be a little temperamental!! lol!

I think Sam done a good job...shame about the green fence tho!

carys220

Visit site
I can understand that Beanyowner but you'd think that as it's their Olympic sport and they are representing their country they would do some kind of intensive training?? Some of them can't even rise to the trot and think that the whip is the accelerator pedal!!

trendybraincell

Visit site
Beanyowner...don't get me wrong, some of them have been reasonable riders, but far too many have been awful, jabbing the mouths, using whip when its their lack of effective riding.

I just think if your representing your country at the olympics you should be able to ride!

Wow, our guy is in 6th

Beanyowner

Visit site
They do have intensive training...think the girls go for about 3 or 4 lessons a week as standard and then more before comps...so I assume the boys do the same. I think some people just can't get the jist of it...you ever come anyone who just can't seem to grasp horse riding?? The way Penthlon works is that everyone has a weak discipline and as long as the penalties are out weighed by the benefits of the other 4 then your still accepted.
Give them their due...its 1m20....not little 2'6 courses!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Saf....do you know how many of the horses come back broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

One horse I know was a very good grade B and was totally ruined, most recover with a few good rounds with the usual riders, we always felt better when we drew the english riders as seem to work on it more

MooMoo

Visit site
WHHHYYYY! Are they wearing spurs?! JAB JAB JAB! Eurgh! Hardly any are capable of not gripping and ...OMG !!!! did any one just see that fall? Horrendous!! Poor horse.
Hard work my arse. This is just disgusting.