Mr B was PTS this evening

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so sorry, i wouldnt have put mine through a colic op either.....you have done the right thing ....its such a shock for you so make sure you look after yourself...its never easy

1ST1

Visit site
Really sorry for your loss, I went through the same last year and I know just how hard it is. Hugs x

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I am so, so sorry for your sorrows. I too lost my horse suddenly at the end of August this year. It is a terrible loss but you will find acceptance in time. I am thinking of you.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm so sorry, I'm sure you're in a terrible state of shock.

You did absolutely the right thing. You ended his pain and took the burden on yourself. It is the bravest act of a true friend. Thinking of you both.

I can't say it better than this. So sorry.

eggs

Visit site
So sorry to hear this but you absolutely did right by your horse. I have lost two homebred youngsters to colic and it is so sudden and shocking when it happens. If you are like me you will spend quite a while wondering if there was something that you had missed or done differently but very sadly sometimes awful things just happen. Oddly, I have a homebred horse called Bisto who is big and brown who has very recently done his first PSG.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm so sorry. He sounded a lovely horse. I've been there with colic and, while it's a terrible shock at the moment the fact he didn't suffer for long will be a comfort in future. I promise.

Merrymoles

Visit site
You did the right thing. I think the suddenness of colic is awful and you have to make decisions when you really don't have a straight head but you knew him better than anyone and did what was right for him.

I'm thinking of you and also of Ol, who I lost the same way. Even eight years on, I still think about the "what if's" but I know in my heart I did the right thing too. I hope that knowledge will stay with you.

RIP Bisto