my daughter had a very bad accident, broken femurs.. help please

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Oh, no, you've misunderstood about the proving - I was saying that the troll was laying some bait there when (s)he said she didn't know how to prove.

I suggested posting a link to OP's own SJ record as apparently both parents are SJs just to play along with the game without encouraging any pictures of kids or similar to be posted.

I don't usually respond to the troll threads on here when I spot what they are but it has been a tough week or so and so the obscenity of this one felt like something I'd go along with this time. Dances with Trolls etc etc

You are asking for links to prove who they are?? What sort of person are you?? Why they hell does it matter anyway to you? If you think they are lying, then ignore it, you have got nothing to lose??

Outrageous....I take people here at face value, if it turns out they are having a spot of fun, I shrug and move on.

Good god, go find something more interesting to do than start splitting hairs!

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I would rather "be made a fool of"a thousand times by a troll,than risk offending a legitimate poster. I know I am not a fool and I hope I am a compassionate human being.Life is hard ,dealing with it is even harder.I wish theOP well troll or not.

Absolutely this. Well said.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
And far more likely to be said by a man than a woman. In general, it's not the men who feel utterly betrayed when that find out that the poster is a troll, it's the women. And in general, as on this thread, it's not the men who step in to offer emotional support, so it's an easy thing for most men to say. Did any men post on this thread except to out it as a troll thread, or to support the poster long AFTER she was accused of trolling by Popsdosh, followed up by several others with bits of knowledge that the content was unlikely to be true? IE the men supported her against the troll accusation, not because of the damaged child. They are not emotionally engaged about the damaged child, only about the injustice of being called a troll if you aren't one. They therefore aren't in any position to judge how damaging it is to some people to find out that they have been conned with a horrible story like this one, as has happened several times in the past.

I hope the child, if she exists, is on her way back to full health.

Last edited:

jojo5

Visit site
Somebody mentioned that there are more troll type posts at Christmas. Anyone working in the public pastoral sector will experience the huge difficulties faced by all sorts of people at this time when in theory everybody is apparently supposed to be warm, safe, smiling, and spending loads of money on beautiful gifts whilst being hugged by warm, smiling, safe members of their family............
Compassion should be the focus here.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I would rather "be made a fool of"a thousand times by a troll,than risk offending a legitimate poster. I know I am not a fool and I hope I am a compassionate human being.Life is hard ,dealing with it is even harder.I wish theOP well troll or not.

^^ this for me too.
And as for emotional buy-in between female or male contributors to the forum (!), I do think that it's worth taking a step back and asking why anyone gets SO involved with a poster they haven't met, that they'd feel anything other than a bit bemused if it turned out to be something other than 100% genuine?
Chances are you'll never meet the troll, when one is outed, so what is making anyone feel SO bad for being 'fooled'? The only person who comes out looking like a wally is the troll.

I think this is a wonderfully supportive place at times, but many of us are strangers to each other - a little bit of emotional distance is probably sensible, but doesn't stop anyone from offering help and compassion.

Luci07

Visit site
Somebody mentioned that there are more troll type posts at Christmas. Anyone working in the public pastoral sector will experience the huge difficulties faced by all sorts of people at this time when in theory everybody is apparently supposed to be warm, safe, smiling, and spending loads of money on beautiful gifts whilst being hugged by warm, smiling, safe members of their family............

So true. No one really has that American totally blissful break and it makes so many people unhappy striving to achieve this nirvana. Christmas heightens all sort of emotions so a little compassion goes a long way. And if this is a troll...you can simply roll on. Having visited a close friend yesterday who has so much to deal with right now, it was a sharp reminder of what Christmas should represent.

popsdosh

Visit site

Of course it may just simply somebody with lots of their time on their hands ,bored and having a laugh.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
This thread has reminded me just what unpleasant people there are on this forum and why I rarely visit these days. Just ignore anything that may be a troll rather than show yourself up.

JJS

Visit site
I'm surprised anyone would risk making such an awful situation worse purely to avoid looking like a fool if the OP is a troll. Kindness costs nothing, and at the end of the day, if someone is lonely enough to make up a story like this to get the attention they're so lacking, I pity them still, and hope that their fortunes begin to look up soon, one way or another.

Chyrti

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Thank you so much Amirah. I saw all your messages and wanted to say thank you for the support, and that I'm really sorry for those who talked about their friends or family passing or getting hurt. It's hard to say that everyone is celebrating Christmas and that we are not. Thursday's surgery didn't went very good, my daughter just had another massive surgery yesterday, in another hospital with another surgeon. She is in an induced coma right now to help her body to rest but the surgeon just said that she has no permanent damage to the spine: We are praying for a complete recovery

Amirah

Visit site
I was listening to an interview on our local radio with a guy who had been put into an induced coma after a horrific motorcycle accident that broke many bones (I think he only had three unbroken ribs). He has made a complete recovery despite horrendous injuries, internal bleeding etc.

He said that he could hear people reading to him and could tell them what they'd read when he was woken up, so keep talking to her.

The human body is an incredible thing, and I'm sure that many of us are remembering her in our prayers.

ycbm

Visit site
Chyrti this latest update sounds terrible. She must have been in a life threatening state for them to have done an orthopaedic operation on Christmas day and have been put into a coma. They don't usually put people into an induced coma, because of the serious risks, unless they are brain damaged, fitting or unable to breathe without ventilation by machine. I assume it's the breathing as you weren't aware of any head injuries at first? Are they letting you visit for more than three hours in this new hospital?

I hope you are able to come back with a more promising update soon.

glamourpuss

Visit site
Chyrti this latest update sounds terrible. She must have been in a life threatening state for them to have done an orthopaedic operation on Christmas day and have been put into a coma. They don't usually put people into an induced coma, because of the serious risks, unless they are brain damaged, fitting or unable to breathe without ventilation by machine. I assume it's the breathing as you weren't aware of any head injuries at first? Are they letting you visit for more than three hours in this new hospital?

I hope you are able to come back with a more promising update soon.

Actually after a large orthopaedic operation (which bilateral femural mailings would be!) they can keep patients asleep for quite a while afterwards. It helps pain management & after losing lots of blood enables them get them the patient stable & warm.

ycbm

Visit site
Actually after a large orthopaedic operation (which bilateral femural mailings would be!) they can keep patients asleep for quite a while afterwards. It helps pain management & after losing lots of blood enables them get them the patient stable & warm.

How long is 'quite a while'? It's been a whole day now and I've read that keeping patients in an induced coma is very dangerous. Perhaps you are talking about heavy sedation and not an induced coma with bare minimum brain function?

Would they operate on broken legs on Christmas day, six days after they were broken? OP said the surgeon said her spinal cord was fine, so I assumed it was a spine op as she didn't mention the legs, and it was so serious they did it on Christmas day.

I'm sure we'll get a more promising update soon. Children heal fast.

blitznbobs

Visit site
1 day is not long ... Can be 3 or 4 days excruciating pain is not good for healing you want some stress on the system but not too much... Keeping the patient under is also considered kinder - especially in kids.

ycbm

Visit site
1 day is not long ... Can be 3 or 4 days excruciating pain is not good for healing you want some stress on the system but not too much... Keeping the patient under is also considered kinder - especially in kids.

heavy sedation or induced coma? They aren't the same. One is dangerous, the other not so much.

onemoretime

Visit site
Hello everyone,
Thank you so much Amirah. I saw all your messages and wanted to say thank you for the support, and that I'm really sorry for those who talked about their friends or family passing or getting hurt. It's hard to say that everyone is celebrating Christmas and that we are not. Thursday's surgery didn't went very good, my daughter just had another massive surgery yesterday, in another hospital with another surgeon. She is in an induced coma right now to help her body to rest but the surgeon just said that she has no permanent damage to the spine: We are praying for a complete recovery
so glad to hear there is no permanent damage to her spine. I hope she will soon be awake and improves each day.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
They do indeed keep people in an induced coma (not heavily sedated) post op for many reasons.
They also will operate on unstable spinal fractures/other necessary ortho conditions whenever is appropriate (often immediately post injury isn't the appropriate time)- I think the OPs dht has been in a coma throughout the duration- if they were worried regarding the spine but didn't want to operate as needed swelling etc to subside first they will have put in coma to prevent child moving unneccesarily.
A medically induced coma is an excellent tool that many medics use in many situations the benefits outway the risks hugely- not sure where you heard the risks are to great for them to do so ycbm.
OP I'm with those who would prefer to give sympathy and be made a fool rather than those who will assume.
I hope your child makes a full recovery- no spinal cord damage is excellent and she will likely recover from the other injuries with plenty of time and no/min long lasting effects

Flicker

Visit site
OP, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. I sincerely hope that this episode will pass and your daughter makes a full recovery.

blitznbobs

Visit site
heavy sedation or induced coma? They aren't the same. One is dangerous, the other not so much.

I used to be a intensive care anaesthetist ... There isn't that much difference and heavy sedation is usually more dangerous than anaesthetic because you lose control of the airway. And you can't control the co2 levels with sedation easily but you can with a tube down.