My next equine project horse

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thank you, what a lovely update. I am a dim Tim fan - how is he doing please?

2zebatw.jpg

Dim Tim is huge, taller than Ted now but half the bulk. Weak and gangly but golden temperament and does try to do his best.

Adopter

Visit site
Good news that Ted will be off the sick list and out to play in the New Year. Dim Tim sounds a super prospect and project.
Wishing you and all the Stable mates a good new year AA, do keep updating us it is the reason to log in.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
lovely to read your update, glad horses are now well. your set up is exactly how i would like to keep horses, best of both worlds, shelter when wanted together with grazing...have a very happy new year. will look forward to teds exploits....

vallin

Visit site
Ted has been very rude and not wished his loyal and slightly dotty fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. He has been busy, back in work now, then he had to do his shopping and he had to have a hair cut (have you any idea how long it takes to clip something that flipping size), so it all got a bit exhausting and he has been comatose for the last 2 days, the snoring was unbelievable and Christmas passed him by.

23jk8xh.jpg

We have finally had to go ahead to start competing again and are aiming for some prelims in mid January, he isn't a pretty picture at the moment, the steroids, idleness and haylage have resulted in an extremely portly Ted.

His girlfriend, Adorable Alice is now an ex girlfriend, she has left the barn and got herself an apartment, she is loving living alone. No feathery carthorse pinching her snacks, farting on her and showering her in sh$$t anymore. She keeps her apartment spic and span, guests are by appointment only and meals must be on time. Her work ethic remains at an all time low and she remains on benefits.

I joined the forum back in 2011 to ask about hind check injury rehab. My superstar was badly injured and he never came back into meaningful work as despite being sound his breakover had changed to the extent that we could not keep a hind shoe on him, and has been retired for 6 years. A couple of days ago he came out of retirement to give a young friend a very special Christmas Present.

2q0r80y.jpg

Excuse the rather scruffy clip, it is to aid his cushings management as is his rather light condition. He was so excited at being ridden again I had to step in front of him to stop his offering of endless big trot. His young rider sat on him 2 years ago but no one has been on him since. His manners were perfect and the only problem was getting him to stop after the allowed 'few' steps of each movement. I have promised him more fun when we have a lightweight rider available for him.

Happy, healthy and successful New Year to all, good luck with your precious horses. Kindest regards from Ted and his friends.

Is this you're selle francais chap? If it is I remember seeing some pictures of him a few years ago from his hey-day and thinking he was an absolute corker. Hope he enjoys his stint out of retirement :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Happy Christmas AA, love to you all and best wishes for the new year! I love seeing your pictures and hearing your updates from Ted!

Thank you and a very good new year to your crew too.

The old boy is my Selle Francais ex show hunter, who is loving his little bit of exercise. Yesterday he loved it so much he had a little 'moment' on the lunge which resulted in my standing with the line in my hand, his bridle lay in the snow and him naked apart from his exercise sheet and roller. I shouted 'stand still' and he did !!! that is what you called a schooled horse.

The small issues of his head being so high I could not reach to put the bridle back on, followed by several laps of the school in passage and me praying to the good lord that the horse did not jump the gate and break his neck is not relevant.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Wonderful to see your old boy is enjoying life and proving he’s still well enough to have some fun at your expense AA.
Is his Cushings under control now?

Seems to be, just on one pill a day and hopefully not the kiss of death to say, we haven't had any infections or skin issues for a good while now. Shuffles off to apply more keratex powder and clean his feet again !

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Really still no updates?

Ted is busy, he has a new career - landscape gardening, he gave our lovely neighbour's fence a good tidy up today. He is still standing so I assume willow, laurel and some twiggy plant is harmless. He rates are £10 per hour plus travel, a sandwich and a tube of smarties. Thank god he got distracted because the feed room door is just a few yards away and it was open. He would have been well and truly wedged in there as it is tiny.

It appears he can untie himself.
24xjbr7.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
That was after the event. He was snuggled up in the straw out of sight when I put Ted in for a kip, the cat jumped up, frit Ted to death who leapt into my arms and crushed me up the wall.

Nothing frightens that cat, he is quite incredible, loving sleeping with the horses and thinks nothing of batting a nose if the horse gets too close.

McFluff

Visit site
Got to love confident yard cats - the one on our yard will hop onto horses for a snooze. Which can be interesting if you happen to be doing up rug surcingles when cat gets on your horse!

Gazen

Visit site
We used to have one that went to sleep in my horses stable (never any other horse, only mine). On a number of occasions, in the half light of dawn, she was almost shoveled into the barrow when she was mistaken for poo.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted takes charge...................

Apart from a couple of outings with Dim Tim, Team AA has had a lengthy barren competitive period. Mainly due to having a sick yard and also due to some ridiculous weather. So today had been looked forward to for some time. Dim Tim v Ted The Twit in Prelim 18 at the local riding club.

Ted The Twit has not been off the yard since last July and is a tad short of work. He and I have wintered exceptionally well and between us we wheeze and wobble along alarmingly, have no clothing that remotely fits and are a bit of a disgrace. With a stirrup leather in use as my belt and a girth extender on Ted we really need to join slimming world.

I can only assume Dim Tim was too ashamed to be seen with us as he threw the towel in on Sunday and I think he is broken so he managed to avoid coming today, leaving Ted to fly the Team AA flag.

He fly he did as you will see from the judges comments. He ended with 3rd, no idea how, the judge must have blinked at missed the performance as he was going so ruddy fast he appeared a blur to me !

2isw0ur.jpg

5x5or6.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Gave me a smile, thanks AA. Can TtT's groom possibly come and make Henry's stockings that fabulous blinding white colour before we compete?