My next equine project horse

JenHunt

Visit site
I can see him being 17.2 by the spring, as a rising 5 year old with, hopefully, a good and useful life in front of him.

what more could a horse ask for than a happy, useful life in the hands of someone who cares enough to find the best way to handle him and his foibles?

I think you're right, hunting now could just be too much for him.

p.s. I'm so so glad you didn't go for Two Ton Ted from Teddington, which I'd also feared!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
So very chuffed to hear more good reports about Ted the superstar student.

Did anyone see this news item on the H&H website?

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/wadworth-brewery-shires-503828

image.jpg1_zpsebtgpddd.jpg

I thought that the middle Shire, 11 yo Monty, had a very similar look to Ted (in a good way :) ).

View

Visit site
Oh fab, I do enjoy reading Ted and Alice updates.

It's good to hear that things are progressing in the right direction. He looks fabulous (but then I am partial to Shire and Clydesdale crosses). OH also thinks he is wonderful, and now seems to understand my liking for them - so give Ted a hug from me as he could well help me give a home to a similar horse.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dear Ted,

Things are bad at home. I am in the tree house field and it is a desert, even the weeds have given up and I have nothing to eat. I am starving. Thank goodness I kept my pilates lessons up otherwise I would be dead by now. I bet you can't do this.............................................

Alice%20under%20the%20fence_zpsltg8r56k.jpg

Mother cussed me, I fail to see why, she should be pleased I am so supple and athletic. She must be jealous, we all know she can't do her own shoelaces up and watching her put her chaps on is a hoot.

I keep looking at the far corner field, it is lush, mother says it is being saved for you because you are coming home at the end of the month. Can I share it with you please. Love from Alice.

Cobbytype

Visit site
Dear Ted,

Things are bad at home. I am in the tree house field and it is a desert, even the weeds have given up and I have nothing to eat. I am starving. Thank goodness I kept my pilates lessons up otherwise I would be dead by now. I bet you can't do this.............................................

Mother cussed me, I fail to see why, she should be pleased I am so supple and athletic. She must be jealous, we all know she can't do her own shoelaces up and watching her put her chaps on is a hoot.

I keep looking at the far corner field, it is lush, mother says it is being saved for you because you are coming home at the end of the month. Can I share it with you please. Love from Alice.

You want to be very careful there with that pic, as Alice's peachy bum looks just like the McDonalds burger bar trademark 'M' - you could find yourself up for a TM infringement:)

btw, Ted asked me to pass this text onto Alice (he's deleted her number off his dog and bone, so I'm assisting):

Dear Alice,

No.

love Ted.

Hetsmum

Visit site
You want to be very careful there with that pic, as Alice's peachy bum looks just like the McDonalds burger bar trademark 'M' - you could find yourself up for a TM infringement:)

btw, Ted asked me to pass this text onto Alice (he's deleted her number off his dog and bone, so I'm assisting):

Dear Alice,

No.

love Ted.

Sniggers! :)

Bluedaisys

Visit site
Dear Ted,

Alice is brilliant, I actually spat tea out laughing! I cannot believe how far under she is!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Now listen here you fat furry, naughty word, fool. Why can't I share your field when you come home. We grew up together, I put up with you farting, and far worse, on me. We slept together in the big bale, remember the one we were supposed to eat, in fact you pooed in it.

I am so slim now, you will fancy the pants off me, take no notice about my peachy bottom, it is fashionable, anyhow I know something that you don't. Mother is about to put her bismark sized bottom on you this week, you, my friend are going to have a shock, a big bottomed shock.

I have also heard you are doing stressage on Saturday, that will be a laugh, you need a hundred metres to turn around and even then you trip over your furry socks. That £11 mother spent on your entry should have been spent on snacks for me. It simply is not fair.

Without much love from your naffed off sister Alice.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
love to read this thread. both horses look fab and I cant wait for the first ted competition report and piccies!!!!!! good luck when you sit on him, sounds like he will be a good boy...

Cobbytype

Visit site
Now listen here you fat furry, naughty word, fool. Why can't I share your field when you come home. We grew up together, I put up with you farting, and far worse, on me. We slept together in the big bale, remember the one we were supposed to eat, in fact you pooed in it.

I am so slim now, you will fancy the pants off me, take no notice about my peachy bottom, it is fashionable, anyhow I know something that you don't. Mother is about to put her bismark sized bottom on you this week, you, my friend are going to have a shock, a big bottomed shock.

I have also heard you are doing stressage on Saturday, that will be a laugh, you need a hundred metres to turn around and even then you trip over your furry socks. That £11 mother spent on your entry should have been spent on snacks for me. It simply is not fair.

Without much love from your naffed off sister Alice.

I ran out of space trying to text the above to Ted, so just put 'ok' instead:)

Hope all goes well with the maiden voyage on Ted.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted has a rehearsal this evening. I told him to remember the letters in a rhyme, so far we have Alice, fat bottomed mare. He really knows how to make friends !

dianchi

Visit site
Dear sister Alice,

I hear you are auditioning for the ballet, I do like pink and tutu's please do let me know if you make it! I'll come see you perform!

Not sure how you have managed no work, I apparently am strong enough to work hard for three months then I get a holiday- am hoping for the Carribean cruise option, passport is ready!

Most concerned I'm going to a clinic sat??
Mum laughed and said last time she went to one I appeared 11 months later. Very worried about this but apparently jumps are included? Not sure she's right about the type of clinic but will update after!

Much love
Sister Bridgette x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Dear Sister Bridgette,

You need to contact the union, you are working far too hard. You can join my club, it is called Fillies who Feast, similar to Ladies who Lunch. I have this work lark sussed, I just offer the odd short step and they all stand around trying to decide if I am lame. Never fails and works a treat to get a day off.

Any way I have been dumped, mother only got on the delinquent cart horse tonight. I wasn't there but Ted has emailed me.

He had a stressage lesson ready for his big day on Saturday, he went on the trailer and onto another yard to use a school. The big wuss only went and got it all right and impressed mother greatly. Apparently she went up and down the mounting block a few times, thought about getting on him and changed her mind. Then she decided she was too fat to get on Ted. The furry fool was very relieved, but the relief was short lived when mother was reminded that Ted is a big horse with tree trunk legs. She scrambled on, burst into tears, ambled around the yard, beamed a lot and got off before hugging Ted and cried again. Talk about embarrassing, Ted was cringing.

Ted and I are also looking for a clinic. We are putting mother in it and chucking the key in a ditch.

Nessa4

Visit site
Wonderful news!! I've followed this thread from post one with huge interest (I have a boy similar age to Ted), and really feel as though I know you. I'm so pleased you have successfully climbed aboard the lovely Ted (I hope to shed enough weight to do the same with Eric). I too have enlisted the help of SW and can wholeheartedly recommend it. Onwards and upwards!!

Highlands

Visit site
Get a Fitbit pedometer and get to Droitwich pool. Aqua aerobics is great fun on a Tuesday and thurs! Lost three stone in 11 weeks! So glad you got to hop on Ted!

Hetsmum

Visit site
She scrambled on, burst into tears, ambled around the yard, beamed a lot and got off before hugging Ted and cried again. Talk about embarrassing, Ted was cringing.

Ted and I are also looking for a clinic. We are putting mother in it and chucking the key in a ditch.

OMG I have damp eyes too! Wonderful! Please take pictures of the stressage! :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I am so excited, really looking forward to tomorrow. Just washed the white dressage square, it has not seen the light of day since 2010. I couldn't make my mind up whether Ted should wear it or not. It belonged to my best horse and he wore it at the nationals. His saddle, a fabulous Jaquar dressage saddle also fits Ted. I felt a bit 'odd' looking at it on Ted. I couldn't make my mind up if it was an insult to a very successful horse or a 'meant to be' situation.

Just need to find the plaiting box and a stool so I can reach. Can someone tell me why I am so excited about a carthorse going to the local dressage to do a walk/trot test ? The last time I plaited a horse I own it was for HOY's, that was exciting but I am more excited about tomorrow. How odd !

Hetsmum

Visit site
I am so excited, really looking forward to tomorrow. Just washed the white dressage square, it has not seen the light of day since 2010. I couldn't make my mind up whether Ted should wear it or not. It belonged to my best horse and he wore it at the nationals. His saddle, a fabulous Jaquar dressage saddle also fits Ted. I felt a bit 'odd' looking at it on Ted. I couldn't make my mind up if it was an insult to a very successful horse or a 'meant to be' situation.

Just need to find the plaiting box and a stool so I can reach. Can someone tell me why I am so excited about a carthorse going to the local dressage to do a walk/trot test ? The last time I plaited a horse I own it was for HOY's, that was exciting but I am more excited about tomorrow. How odd !

1 - It was meant to be........
2 - Because both of you have come so very far......
3 - OMG welling up again!!!!!!!!