My next equine project horse

McFluff

Visit site
Gosh, what a horrid time. Hope both better soon and no lasting damage.
Good luck for Tim's intro, he looks like a lovely smart horse.

Cloball

Visit site
I've taken a small (3 year) break from HHO, forgot my passwords and email account, got a new login, caught up on the Ted story with utmost priority but..... I can't see any of the pictures :'(

I hope all is well and on the up soon.

I am imagining what Ted looks like now from your wonderful writing :D

SEL

Visit site
You've had a rough summer! Glad both appear to be on the mend - did they pick the bug up at the same show do you think?

Took my Appy mare about 3 months to bounce back from being exposed to the strangles bacteria. She showed no signs and we only picked it up with a routine test prior to moving yards. I thought she'd been a bit quieter than usual but her temperature had been normal.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
You've had a rough summer! Glad both appear to be on the mend - did they pick the bug up at the same show do you think?

Took my Appy mare about 3 months to bounce back from being exposed to the strangles bacteria. She showed no signs and we only picked it up with a routine test prior to moving yards. I thought she'd been a bit quieter than usual but her temperature had been normal.

We think Ted picked it up first at a dressage venue in June because as the weeks have gone by there has been evidence that other horses had become ill after attending the same venue. Of course it is all guessing,but Ted probably brought it home but did not become poorly.

In June and July we competed several times with him, Alice and pocket rocket maxi cob. All of them became ill after coming home from the same show in mid July where they were doing hunter and cob classes, so it is likely my horses also spread infection to others on that show ground without me having any idea they were harbouring anything. Total nightmare and i just want them well again.

TrasaM

Visit site
I've taken a small (3 year) break from HHO, forgot my passwords and email account, got a new login, caught up on the Ted story with utmost priority but..... I can't see any of the pictures :'(
"""

Hi fellow returnee.. I've just done exactly the same as you. Dug out an ancient email and found my password and the first thing I did was check out how Ted and Alice were getting on ��

AdorableAlice

Visit site
"""

Hi fellow returnee.. I've just done exactly the same as you. Dug out an ancient email and found my password and the first thing I did was check out how Ted and Alice were getting on ��

Gosh, Ted and Alice are flattered. Sadly I have no idea how to attach pictures since Photobucket removed them all. Both turned 6 this summer and both still have some maturing to do. Ted managed a decent bit of work yesterday without coughing, I so hope we are coming to the end of a rotten few months.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Gosh, Ted and Alice are flattered. Sadly I have no idea how to attach pictures since Photobucket removed them all. Both turned 6 this summer and both still have some maturing to do. Ted managed a decent bit of work yesterday without coughing, I so hope we are coming to the end of a rotten few months.

Adorable Alice, somewhere on HHO there is a thread about posting pictures without Photobucket. Using Facebook and setting the photo to Only Me you can transfer it to HHO. It was Esther who explained it to me.

teacups

Visit site
This is the link you need for posting photos:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?753883-How-to-upload-a-picture-here-)

I used it to post my first photo ever, and it was really easy. No need to make an account! No need for Facebook either.

Can't imagine getting no photo updates on Ted and Co, looked up the link for you straightaway.

Certainly sounds as though summer has not been wonderful horse-wise, what a pain to put it mildly. Sending virtual horse cough sweets, funny, they look just like red smarties. <g>

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
2d10oxz.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Yay ! done it. Ted wants to show you how poorly he has been. He prefers blue smarties not red please. Blue ones make him hyper active and me annoyed.

His personal veterinarian has a phone full of snot pictures.

TrasaM

Visit site
Oh Ted you are indeed a splendid fellow now. Look how you've grown into your skin &#55357;&#56845;However green snot is not a great look so get on and get properly recovered.
Thank you for putting up a recent photo AA

teacups

Visit site
Excellent and well done, hooray we can see photos!

Interesting choice, that first photo...no doubt inspired by wanting to remind his admirers of the need for blue cough sweets.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
A whole weekend and no coughs, yay !!! and I watched them playing hard getting totally out of puff and hot this morning and no coughs. We look like we are through it all. I so hope so.

Dim Tim attended his first party yesterday to do Intro A and B at Swallowfields on the Cricklands series. We are not aiming at any finals, far too expensive, but we do like the series of shows for babies. Dim Tim is 4 and unlikely to reach 5 if he knocks me off my plaiting stool again. He got very close to going with half a neck unplaited. He got himself in a right wind before we left, heaven knows why as he had no idea what was going on but decided it was exciting regardless !

2yn5klh.jpg

243qhx5.jpg

He was exceptionally good under saddle but remained a plonker in hand and on the truck. He was also vocal convinced everyone was his friend in the lorry park. There was 13 and 19 in the classes so we had a wait between classes, that really upset him and I ended up taking him for a walk. The poor chap wanted to pee but couldn't and then decided he had to go when back on the lorry, flooded it and frightened himself. He was traumatised and I was exhausted.

He tried very hard in Intro A, and managed a nice test for his first try, the final centre line was a little drunken and the halt was a heap, but at least he stopped. 67% and some lovely comments and unbelievably, he won his class with a 2% margin. We were elated and surprised.

Intro B saw him more forwards and confident, more into the corners and generally more rideable. 69% and another win this time with 4% margin. What a little star, well maybe not so little as he is nearing 17h now. After such a dreadful summer it was so nice to have fun again. We drove home deciding we need a lottery win so we could have a 4 wagon and take the whole team out together. It would be the stuff of nightmares, Dim Tim having a hissy, Adorable Alice having a misery, Ted The Twit being twitish and Martha The Mardy being mardy. I would need the tube of Sedalin we keep on the truck !

juzvgz.jpg

23roklx.jpg

View

Visit site
I am quietly hoping you are right. Nothing will surpass my superstar show hunter, but Tim has scope, size, paces and a nice brain. Down to me to get the education right now and not make a mess of him.

And I will be surprised if you don't get it right. You have shown that you listen to the horse and work with them, understanding when you are not the right person and finding the right person.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted has been very rude and not wished his loyal and slightly dotty fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. He has been busy, back in work now, then he had to do his shopping and he had to have a hair cut (have you any idea how long it takes to clip something that flipping size), so it all got a bit exhausting and he has been comatose for the last 2 days, the snoring was unbelievable and Christmas passed him by.

23jk8xh.jpg

We have finally had to go ahead to start competing again and are aiming for some prelims in mid January, he isn't a pretty picture at the moment, the steroids, idleness and haylage have resulted in an extremely portly Ted.

His girlfriend, Adorable Alice is now an ex girlfriend, she has left the barn and got herself an apartment, she is loving living alone. No feathery carthorse pinching her snacks, farting on her and showering her in sh$$t anymore. She keeps her apartment spic and span, guests are by appointment only and meals must be on time. Her work ethic remains at an all time low and she remains on benefits.

I joined the forum back in 2011 to ask about hind check injury rehab. My superstar was badly injured and he never came back into meaningful work as despite being sound his breakover had changed to the extent that we could not keep a hind shoe on him, and has been retired for 6 years. A couple of days ago he came out of retirement to give a young friend a very special Christmas Present.

2q0r80y.jpg

Excuse the rather scruffy clip, it is to aid his cushings management as is his rather light condition. He was so excited at being ridden again I had to step in front of him to stop his offering of endless big trot. His young rider sat on him 2 years ago but no one has been on him since. His manners were perfect and the only problem was getting him to stop after the allowed 'few' steps of each movement. I have promised him more fun when we have a lightweight rider available for him.

Happy, healthy and successful New Year to all, good luck with your precious horses. Kindest regards from Ted and his friends.

chaps89

Visit site
Oh Ted, it's a hard life isn't it!
What a super set up with the barn to come into- can they get into the fields from there and free range too?
And as for the old chap - WOW! He looks fab and like he is loving being allowed back under saddle to play :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh Ted, it's a hard life isn't it!
What a super set up with the barn to come into- can they get into the fields from there and free range too?
And as for the old chap - WOW! He looks fab and like he is loving being allowed back under saddle to play :)

Yes free range, I am incredibly grateful for the way I can keep the horses.