New horse shopping criteria

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
yes of the 2 meg may be better as she is a bit younger and she is rather good looking but hacking out alone is important for both of them, cant remember if it has been mentioned on these 2 ads, i am getting a bit lost as i have seen so many :)
just looked back on these 2 ads and neither mention hacking alone so that needs to be checked. the advantage with the gelding is that he has done the things that OP is aspiring to, doesnt say if meg has competed....difficult choice if both are still available but after trying each op should know if she falls for one...its very exciting!!!!!

Last edited:

rowan666

Visit site
That's a fair point.
My friend and I plant to buy a Shetland each to try to combat the separation issues. So everyone will always have a companion. Do you think this will work??
I have a mini (4/5yr old gelding) for perm loan that is the perfect companion because he's not bothered when he's left alone while your off riding etc and he is not an escape artist either! PM if your interested

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Sorry for the slow replies today, it's the 4th anniversary since my little girl died so it's a difficult day 😥😥😥😥

YBCM, that's really very kind of you and I will definitely bear that in mind.
At the moment I have booked in to see Murphy on Sunday and am hoping to get to see Meg asap. Phoenix is also still for sale so I could possibly go and see him too.
What do I do in regards to vettings?? My friend says a 2stage is fine, others are saying 5 stage and another friend has told me not to bother 🙈🙈🙈

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have a mini (4/5yr old gelding) for perm loan that is the perfect companion because he's not bothered when he's left alone while your off riding etc and he is not an escape artist either! PM if your interested

I might be? I am missing my mini terribly, but I can't take her back from the three year old child she has been lent to. She's having a wonderful time, I'm miserable!

Leo Walker

Visit site
They want to charge more if you have her vetted?? Mmmm....that rings alarm bells for me I'm afraid.

It wouldnt for me. They arent saying no vet, they are saying if theres no hassle and shes sold and away quickly they will reduce the price. If the buyer wants her holding for a week or so for a vetting and the owner has to take a day of work for it etc, then they want 3k which seems fair enough. If I was selling it would be worth £500 for me to not have to deal with any hassle!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
They want to charge more if you have her vetted?? Mmmm....that rings alarm bells for me I'm afraid.

I hesitated to reply at first but as others are feeling cautious I will admit my first thought was that the suggestion is a type of blackmail. It could also mean the sellers would prefer the horse wasn’t vetted.

SLH I would always have a 5 stage vetting by either my vet or one who is completely independent of the seller.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Arrrggghhhh what a minefield. They've sent me some videos and she looks fantastic but a 5 stage vetting would put me over budget 🙈🙈🙈
I could possibly just about manage but she doesnt come with tack either.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Arrrggghhhh what a minefield. They've sent me some videos and she looks fantastic but a 5 stage vetting would put me over budget 🙈🙈🙈
I could possibly just about manage but she doesnt come with tack either.

Go and see her. If you can afford the horse and the vetting you can worry about tack later. And there might be some wiggle room if you see her, like her, put down a deposit and get her vetted and picked up quickly.

wills_91

Visit site
Sorry for the slow replies today, it's the 4th anniversary since my little girl died so it's a difficult day 😥😥😥😥

YBCM, that's really very kind of you and I will definitely bear that in mind.
At the moment I have booked in to see Murphy on Sunday and am hoping to get to see Meg asap. Phoenix is also still for sale so I could possibly go and see him too.
What do I do in regards to vettings?? My friend says a 2stage is fine, others are saying 5 stage and another friend has told me not to bother 🙈🙈🙈

So sorry what a hard day xx

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
dont get put off vetting, i knowit can only show what she is like on the day but if you have bloods taken you can know if she is buted up to mask lameness or doped to make her quiet. as soon as you said that i felt uneasy, this is a dealer who is selling on behalf of someone so the wait for vetting wont cost them anymore.......go for murphy, he sounds perfect as he has been there and done it, still have him vetted though and i would go for a 5 stage and bloods, i know it costs a bit more but worth it IMO