New horse shopping criteria

Leo Walker

Visit site

wills_91

Visit site
Been following this thread with interest can finaly have some useful input. My friend has a horse from Jack a lovely big Id x mare who is everything he said she was and more. We live west coast Scotland so it was quite a trek for her to make but she would do it again in a heartbeat if she was ever looking to add to her collection.

Also on the Welsh d front - I think they are like marmite you either love them or hate them 😳

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Lol...I do like the look of a nice Welshy but not had much to do with them, they always seem a bit "hot" to me?? 😱😱

I have my app to view Meg on Friday...I csnt wait, I'm just hoping she's as good as she looks. I do have several videos of her on WhatsApp...I would be interested to see what others think of her but not sure if I should upload them..??

Abi90

Visit site
Join the “Irish Draught and Irish Sport Horse’s Network” group as there are loads for sale on there. Just seen a big grey mare in Evesham for £3500 who has done a bit of everything but I can’t share it as it’s a closed group

SpringArising

Visit site
Welsh Ds are either absolute saints or absolute demons, from personal experience.

I've had two, both different lines and types and they were absolutely nuts in every sense of the word. One was bonkers in a fun way, the other I've never been so glad to see the back of a horse.

Juliet Clarke has a good rep, when I was horse hunting not so long back I spoke to her and she seemed nice. Her horses tend to sell quite quickly too.

How about this one?

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Welsh Ds are either absolute saints or absolute demons, from personal experience.

I've had two, both different lines and types and they were absolutely nuts in every sense of the word. One was bonkers in a fun way, the other I've never been so glad to see the back of a horse.

Juliet Clarke has a good rep, when I was horse hunting not so long back I spoke to her and she seemed nice. Her horses tend to sell quite quickly too.

How about this one?

Ahhh yes! She has a group on Facebook and has a very good rep by the sound of it, so it was good bells ringing. She had a lovely coloured for sale a while back, I was tempted. I believe you tell her what you're after and she matches horses to the persons request.

I completely agree on the Welsh D being a saint or a demon, completely depends on the individual.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Lol...I do like the look of a nice Welshy but not had much to do with them, they always seem a bit "hot" to me?? 😱😱

I have my app to view Meg on Friday...I csnt wait, I'm just hoping she's as good as she looks. I do have several videos of her on WhatsApp...I would be interested to see what others think of her but not sure if I should upload them..??

send them to me if you like. I'm off work, supposed to be resting and am bored to tears!

Denbob

Visit site

Annagain

Visit site
I had a Section D.

He was the most arrogant, stubborn, bolshy, opinionated, infuriating, certifiably excitable creature that ever lived......He was also the most honest, talented, bomproof, enthusiastic, loyal and trustworthy horse I ever had the pleasure of knowing. He spent most of his time on his back legs but it never felt unsafe and it was only becasue he was so keen to go somewhere, if he couldn't go forwards, he'd go up. Then you let him go and he exploded into canter but never really went anywhere. His daftness made him feel exciting but in reality he was safe as houses. He'd put 7 strides in a 4 stride related distance as he'd bunny hop with excitement as a result he never got to a fence on the wrong stride but he'd also turn on a sixpence so was awesome in a jump off! I had total faith in him to get me to the other side of a fence no matter what it was and even after being hit by a van traffic didn't bother him.

He was never sick or sorry. He got hit by a van and had a singe mark on his coat was all he had wrong with him. Luckily, he was very fit at the time. The vet said he must have tensed his bum muscles and bounced off. The day he stopped at a fence aged 25 he went straight to the vet. The arthritic changes in his knees was so bad the vet couldn't believe he was sound and just not jumping. The only time he was ever ill was the day I lost him to colic at 27. Even when he had strangles, the first we knew of it was when an abcess burst out of his throat, he'd shown no signs of being ill before that.

His dam was exaclty the same (my friend owned her). His full sister was an RDA pony. If you find a good one, you won't get a better horse. I'd have another like a shot. You definitely need to be the sort of person who can laugh at the trials they throw your way and not get stressed by them though.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I'm so very disappointed today :(
I was lead to believe I was the first person booked to view Meg and they told me the earliest I could go was Friday as they had other people viewing horses etc. Then I see on Facebook today that shes been sold to the first person to view her. I have been asking since last week if I could view her and the guy said that I would get "first dibs" on her etc. I know this is probably how dealers operate but I'm totally pissed off right now :(

ihatework

Visit site
I was lead to believe I was the first person booked to view Meg and they told me the earliest I could go was Friday as they had other people viewing horses etc. Then I see on Facebook today that shes been sold to the first person to view her. I have been asking since last week if I could view her and the guy said that I would get "first dibs" on her etc. I know this is probably how dealers operate but I'm totally pissed off right now :(

I bet she was sold in the first couple of days and dealer was waiting to see if she passed the vet or not, you would have then got first dibs on a vet failure.

Oh well it wasn’t meant to be. There will be one waiting just around the corner.

You probably do need to go and sit on a couple to get a feel for what you really need

indie1282

Visit site
I bet she was sold in the first couple of days and dealer was waiting to see if she passed the vet or not, you would have then got first dibs on a vet failure.

Oh well it wasn’t meant to be. There will be one waiting just around the corner.

You probably do need to go and sit on a couple to get a feel for what you really need

This.

Chalk it up to experience and move on to the next one.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
He's got a rather nice chunky show cob type just advertised today, might be worth an ask? I've always found his sell very quickly