Nicola Wilson Update

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Latest update made me cry, she is so strong but also honest
i am finding the videos quite hard to watch, though i am incredibly humbled by her immense positivity and ability to be cheerful at what must be a really difficult time. She's amazing. I guess because we all saw it happen on TV, i dunno, i am finding it all very close to home.

Squeak

Visit site
i am finding the videos quite hard to watch, though i am incredibly humbled by her immense positivity and ability to be cheerful at what must be a really difficult time. She's amazing. I guess because we all saw it happen on TV, i dunno, i am finding it all very close to home.

I agree - I'm completely in awed by her attitude but it really brings it home how someone who is at the very top of eventing can have an accident in the blink of an eye and have such terrible injuries. You know there are risks riding and with horses in general but somehow seeing what Nicola is going through, it makes the risks seem that much more real and hard to brush off.

TPO

Visit site
She is amazing.

I follow a young triathlete from Austrlia who had a devastating bike crash. She was only 20 and had a bike accident in training. Her parents were told thst she wouldn't survive, then that she would be in a vegetative state, then that she wouldn't walk or talk...less than a year later Alexa is part of the Australian para swim team, trains F45, running and most definitely talking.

There's an Instagram account move_for_lex that has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the hospital.

She too had limited movement and was in a chair. They documented her OT and physio journey. She's just been amazing

Maybe her journey might being some comfort to Nicola fans and supporters. Miracles do happen

helffrich

Visit site
Many of us in the eventing family across the pond are keeping up with Nicola's updates on her progress.
What a lady... All fingers, toes and hooves crossed for a full recovery soon.
Her cheerfulness, positivity and bravery in the face of adversity is an inspiration to the horsey world and beyond.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Just seen her latest update and she will no longer be competing and all her horses are going to new riders

She’s still super positive though x

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
It bought tears to my eyes, she is incredible . It had never crossed my mind she wouldn't ride at that level again, or even ride again full stop. That really hit home to me. She has a wealth of experience so hope she can pass on all her knowledge to up and coming riders. Nicola, you really are amazing!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just seen her video, what a positive person, her life has changed so much and i found it sad that she said she wouldnt compete again. as i have had to come to terms with never riding again i feel for her but the difference is i am old and she is still young...she was moving her feet so perhaps she will be able to walk eventually, fingers crossed for her

millitiger

Visit site
Gosh, that latest update made me cry and realise how invested you can be in someone you don't know.
I feel so sad she won't be competing again and will be going home to an empty yard.

Her positivity and smile are just so inspiring... to be able to speak so eloquently and openly, almost matter of fact, about the situation is amazing.
It really makes me question my own mindset and attitude about day to day and mundane issues and makes me realise we should appreciate EVERY day.