Olympic Eventing XC Thread

Daffodil

Visit site
Taken today and tomorrow off work, new TV purchased and working (!) though the recorder was a disaster :)() so have GOT to see it live, neds done and am not planning on moving anywhere until Toddy has completed.

Come on Team GB (and Lenamore:D!)

Friend has just texted to say it is incredibly windy on the course.

Lyle

Visit site
Squeeeee!!!! I'm so excited! Unfortunately, the free-to air channel that has sole rights to the Olympics over here is doing a very botched job at showing anything other than swimming :mad: I've had to download Expat shield and am streaming from the BBC website :D It's life saving! I can't wait, in for another long night but I'm excited!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Horses worked, showered all of us !and on my way to that party really looking forward to it , have agreat day everyone.

Nicnac

Visit site
Am working from home today and have been hard at it since very early morn to ensure I can keep an eye on telly this afternoon.

Having been at Greenwich yesterday and walked the course, anyone who gets around without any problems and within the time deserves a medal. It's defo not a dressage competition!

I wish all horses and riders a safe return to stables tonight.

PorkChop

Visit site
Yay, very excited, really hope the weather is kind to them all :)

Unfortunately I need to pop out with my youngest (who managed to completely break her wrist - cue operation and wiring and cast up to her armpit :eek: ) to the Doctor's to try and get some stronger painkiller's. There were no morning appointments :( didn't they know I had plans for this afternoon :rolleyes: but will be taking my trusted ipad with me to watch :)

Good Luck Team GB, they have it all to play for :D

3Beasties

Visit site
What time does it start? I was told there would be coverage on BBC1 from 11:30 but at the moment they are showing Judo?!

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
Also ready and waiting on the sofa, having done the pony and just walked the dog. Vallin was supposed to coming round to watch at mine but the lucky sod got offered a spare ticket by another friend this morning so has rushed off to get to Greenwich and abandoned me!:mad::rolleyes:

I'm not jealous....

Also some useful links:

start list and live results: http://www.london2012.com/equestrian/event/eventing-individual/phase=eqx003300/index.html

BBC live coverage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/bbc_one_2012_hd, equestrian coverage due to start at 12.20 (if its not on the main screen then select 'more videos' in the upper left hand corner of the player and find equestrian feed there)

TiddlyPups

Visit site
How am I meant to watch the diving, eventing and gymnastics - they're all on at the same time! Highlights of diving/gymnastics it is then!

dominobrown

Visit site
The BBC always do this... say they are going to show something at 11.30 then prat about for an hour showing random rubbish.
I remember for Sydney I set the tape recorder for 1am and they didnt show for ages after, and I missed most of it :(
Got to go to work at 1 so I am going to watch most of it on iplayer.
I hope they do a whole course walk.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I am another one stuck in work...booooo hissss :(

I cant stream the live tv on my work computer so am relying on all your comments on here to get me through. :D

Does anyone know the extact times that the team gb riders are on, I am going to try and sneak out to the loos to watch them live on my phone if i can :D;) who cares if my work colleagues think ive got some kind of weeing problem!:eek:

Eeeek i am so ridiculously excited, got the whole covereage recorded at home on the box, so willl get to watch it later....but its just not the same as live!! Praying all come home safe and sound!