One last evening, my beautiful boy Torres

numptynoelle

Visit site
Another one here who has followed your threads - no-one could have done more for him. As many have said before me, what truly beautiful photos and gorgeous memories to cherish. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow x

wyrdsister

Visit site
Run free, Torres. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, M. You've done amazing things for this lad, all the way to the end. Thanks for sharing your tale & your gorgeous pictures x

Spottyappy

Visit site
Lovely photos. I have followed your story, and am so sorry it is ending this way, but you have tried many more options than a lot of folk would have done.
Run free Torres.
Thinking of you.

MargotC

Visit site
Stunning pictures. What a lucky, lucky boy to be this loved until the end. That's all anyone can hope for and so much more than many get. I admire you greatly for everything you've done for him. x

Doris68

Visit site
What a brave and kind decision you've made. He's had a wonderful life with you and although his life has been a relatively short one, it has been filled with love and compassion. The pictures are just superb. It won't be easy and it'll hurt for a long time but feel comforted that you could've done no more for this lovely boy. Kind thoughts and hugs.

debsflo

Visit site
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow.... I took lots of photos of daughter's horse before she was pts and am so glad I did. Hope they will be pictures you treasure..

Hetsmum

Visit site
I am crying so I can only imagine how you must feel. Life is so unfair sometimes...... Thinking of you tomorrow - you are selfless and brave xxx

Magnadoodle

Visit site
Massive hugs to you Michen x you have shown such love, compassion and kindness to your lovely boy Torres x you will be in my thoughts tomorrow and the days and weeks to come following your final act of Love and kindness xxxx sent with my humblest respect and admiration of your courage x

PorkChop

Visit site
What lovely pictures, that I am sure you will look back on many times - run free Torres - you have made a brave but right decision x

Moomin1

Visit site
I'm sorry but I do have to say something, and I know I will get shot down as usual. You say these photos are from today, and you also say he was uncomfortable and shifting from one leg to another to get comfortable, yet you have taken photos of you leaning over his back and sitting on him? I'm afraid for that reason I don't admire you, however it must be awful for you to have said goodbye.

Michen

Visit site
I'm sorry but I do have to say something, and I know I will get shot down as usual. You say these photos are from today, and you also say he was uncomfortable and shifting from one leg to another to get comfortable, yet you have taken photos of you leaning over his back and sitting on him? I'm afraid for that reason I don't admire you, however it must be awful for you to have said goodbye.

Your welcome to say it, he was uncomfortable after he had been playing around in the field with his buddy (see photos!). If you watched him walk across the field on any normal day you would likely think there was nothing wrong. Photos of me sitting on him- pre him messing around. Uncomfortable horse- after him messing around. Course of action- Two danilon tonight and tomorrow morning so I know for sure he is in no pain. I'm quite happy knowing that there has not been a single point that I have added to my horses discomfort unnecessarily, but thank you for your concern.

Equally, if you had seen any of my threads you will have picked up on one which stated my concern for the fact that he seemed worse when on painkillers. Which I put down to the fact that the more he's on them, the more he messes around as he thinks he's ok and as such the worse he feels.

Edited to say- I even said afterwards in my original post. How sad you couldn't have just read it thoroughly instead of leaving a comment which, quite frankly, showed total lack of thought and emotion on your part.

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
Your welcome to say it, he was uncomfortable after he had been playing around in the field with his buddy (see photos!). If you watched him walk across the field on any normal day you would likely think there was nothing wrong. Photos of me sitting on him- pre him messing around. Uncomfortable horse- after him messing around. Course of action- Two danilon tonight and tomorrow morning so I know for sure he is in no pain. I'm quite happy knowing that there has not been a single point that I have added to my horses discomfort unnecessarily, but thank you for your concern.

Equally, if you had seen any of my threads you will have picked up on one which stated my concern for the fact that he seemed worse when on painkillers. Which I put down to the fact that the more he's on them, the more he messes around as he thinks he's ok and as such the worse he feels.

Edited to say- I even said afterwards in my original post. How sad you couldn't have just read it thoroughly instead of leaving a comment which, quite frankly, showed total lack of thought and emotion on your part.

I haven't read your other posts, no. Apologies if I missed something. However I still don't see a need to climb on the back of a horse how you are pts'ing because of discomfort/lameness issues purely for a photo.

Michen

Visit site
I haven't read your other posts, no. Apologies if I missed something. However I still don't see a need to climb on the back of a horse how you are pts'ing because of discomfort/lameness issues purely for a photo.

Oh lord- you really have no idea. Lots of people would be RIDING this horse currently! I hardly think by 9 and a half stone on him for less than 2 minutes has caused my horse any trauma but again- thanks for your concern though it really wasn't necessary.

Moomin1

Visit site
Oh lord- you really have no idea. Lots of people would be RIDING this horse currently! I hardly think by 9 and a half stone on him for less than 2 minutes has caused my horse any trauma but again- thanks for your concern though it really wasn't necessary.

Apologies, I must have misinterpreted the initial post by yourself saying he was unable to lock his knees and was shifting his weight from leg to leg. I assumed that must have meant he was uncomfortable, hence the reason you were putting him to sleep. Clearly from your response that is not the actual case, and he was quite comfortable being sat on. Apologies for the confusion on my part.

Michen

Visit site
Apologies, I must have misinterpreted the initial post by yourself saying he was unable to lock his knees and was shifting his weight from leg to leg. I assumed that must have meant he was uncomfortable, hence the reason you were putting him to sleep. Clearly from your response that is not the actual case, and he was quite comfortable being sat on. Apologies for the confusion on my part.

Edited my response because, to be honest, I can't be bothered and I have nothing to prove or justify when it comes to Torres' welfare.

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
Perhaps you've never dealt with a horse that one may consider "field sound". Aka, is fairly ok pottering around a field but will not withstand any movement or work. It is not unusual for a horse with complex issues such as his to be fine in walk and at rest but uncomfortable when he uses himself beyond his capabilities, hence the non locking knees (heel pain) and shifting directly after he had been messing around. Not sure what part of that is so hard to understand, but if you really think my horse was in any more discomfort (at a stand still) with my lightweight self on his back then so be it. I can assure you that if my horse was showing signs of being uncomfortable simply standing still at leisure, he would have been PTS long before now.

As I say, apologies. In my book, a horse shifting weight from one foot to the other is uncomfortable IMO. I have already apologised for any confusion with respect you saying the photos were taken after you were aware of his discomfort.

honetpot

Visit site
As I say, apologies. In my book, a horse shifting weight from one foot to the other is uncomfortable IMO. I have already apologised for any confusion with respect you saying the photos were taken after you were aware of his discomfort.
Give the girl break, will you. This is a horse some people would leave in a field with no pain relief and having seen some at shows lame not even aware it was in pain. Its going to have some Danilon tonight the chances are it would do more damage playing with his field mate.
Hope all goes well for tomorrow and try and remember the good times.x

teacups

Visit site
Lovely photos of both of you. He was a very lucky horse to have you as his owner.

Seconded - hope tomorrow goes as well as possible.

There seems to be someone trolling this thread - I'd put them on ignore. They probably don't mean to be as nasty as they come across, and maybe have had a bad night themselves.

Moomin1

Visit site
Give the girl break, will you. This is a horse some people would leave in a field with no pain relief and having seen some at shows lame not even aware it was in pain. Its going to have some Danilon tonight the chances are it would do more damage playing with his field mate.
Hope all goes well for tomorrow and try and remember the good times.x

Yes, I realise that some have different welfare standards. I apologise YET AGAIN. Personally, I would not sit on a horse who is being pts for any kind of physical lameness, however mild or not. But I am a freak in that respect clearly ;)