One last evening, my beautiful boy Torres

BlackVelvet

Visit site
I'm glad the sun was out for you this morning (not that the sun makes things any easier) i am also sorry to read the ridiculous comments posted by another user. Please ignore these, you do not have to justify to anyone why you made the decision to end things. There are far worse fates for a horse than to be loved so much by someone right to the end. An incredibly brave decision and one I have made myself before. He was a beautiful horse and a credit to you! Raise another glass to the handsome Torres! Xx

Starbuck

Visit site
It sounds like you could not have arranged a better send off and I hope you have some wonderful memories as you toast him.

It's one of the crapiest things an owner has to do for a much loved horse, so I hope to god the person who can't keep their hurtful opinions to themselves never ends up in place you have.

It takes a huge amount of courage and heartache.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
What beautiful photos they made me cry as your love for each other shows they would look lovely in one of those frames that holds several pictures.
I've followed your threads about him but not commented as beyond my expertise but was so hoping you could fix him hope today went as well as possible.

Saw this on fb and while it made me cry it is a comforting way to look at it

w this on a group I belong to. For everyone who lost a dog or pet this is for you.

"A Letter from the Rainbow Bridge
Hi, mom and dad!
Now that I’ve been across The Rainbow Bridge for a couple weeks, they said I should write a letter home. Sorry, mom, but I’m so busy ‘across the bridge’ that I haven’t thought of home much. They said it’s okay and that you would understand. I hope you do. (I think you will.)
Remember that night when I wasn’t feeling very well and we were all crying? I don’t remember much, but I do remember seeing and hearing all of you and feeling your touches and hugs…I remember hearing “we love you” and that one last command of “Go through”. I didn’t know what you meant, so I turned around and walked through the fog that was in front of me. I saw the biggest bridge I’ve ever seen! And so many friends on the other side of it! They were all playing with toys and balls! You were right to tell me to go there!
My feet kept moving forward, but my heart kept pulling me back. Your touches became lighter and lighter and I wanted to come back and nudge your hands for more love, but I was overcome by this feeling of curiosity for the happy place over the bridge! My feet started moving on their own, like a gentle breeze was moving them forward for me! I can’t explain it, but I had no doubt that it was the right thing to do!
So, I walked across that big, huge bridge by myself! I looked for you, because you’re always by my side, walking with me, but this was different. I didn’t have a collar around my neck or a leash connecting me to you ~ I was ‘free’! Even though you weren’t there with me, I never felt alone! I actually felt like I had a huge cape of love wrapped around my body and the more I walked, the easier it was to breathe! So, I kept walking! And I would feel more warmth in the big hug, so I kept on walking! I eventually made it over the big bridge – I did it by myself, mom!
When I got here, all of my new friends greeted me and helped me walk off the bridge ~ it was so cool! They gave me a pair of wings and said that I was now a Guardian Angel!
What I’ve learned over these past few weeks has been amazing and nothing like I’ve seen before! We’re all the same up here ~ we all have wings and we all have Forever People to watch over ~ that’s YOU, mom! You’re my Forever Person and I’m your Forever Dog! We had such a great life together and I do miss you a LOT, but please know that I am so happy in my new home across The Bridge!
I’ll send you another Earth Angel so you won’t be alone. Give them your whole heart, like you gave it to me. I’ll check in every so often to make sure they treasure your love ~ I always did! When you miss me, think of a rainbow and know I’m on the other side of it, waiting to walk with you again. I’ll always be in your heart. I love you, mom and dad! Time for me to go play…."

Clannad48

Visit site
Crazycatlady: I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face, that is so beautiful.

Michen: You are in my thoughts and prayers, you did the absolute best that any horseowner could. I can only hope that when the time comes I can be as brave and honourable as you have been. Your friend Arhlen (hope I got the spelling right) is one in a million and I wanted to shout 'hear hear' when she posted in your 'defence'.

Moomin1 - Hang your head in shame

Jim bob

Visit site
I have litrally read pretty much evert post and haven't been able to stp crying from the start of this thread to the finish. Run free torres.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I'm so sorry. Torres will be running pain-free in Heaven now. You made the hardest (and right) decision there was, and you should take some comfort out of that.

Look after yourself. x

Sleep tight beautiful Torres xx

Michen

Visit site
I have litrally read pretty much evert post and haven't been able to stp crying from the start of this thread to the finish. Run free torres.

I hope your boy is doing good Jim bob. For what it's worth, had Torres not had other issues with his back end I think we would (eventually) have won the battle on the front feet. Sadly when an already compromised back end of a horse is compensating for a sore front end, it just doesn't work. Good luck with your journey xxxx

Andalucian

Visit site
I don't want to blub, so haven't read the posts, but wanted to send you hugs Michen, you've done the right thing, many times over for Torres. Respect and big hugs.

_GG_

Visit site
Michen, those photographs are absolutely beautiful. You will stop crying and it will get easier, but now is not that time. Now you need to let yourself grieve and look after yourself.

He was truly a beautiful horse and clearly loved you to absolute pieces xxx

Michen

Visit site
I don't want to blub, so haven't read the posts, but wanted to send you hugs Michen, you've done the right thing, many times over for Torres. Respect and big hugs.

Bless you Andalucian, you were a massive help. I have learnt so much from you and others on here xxxxxx

RoughcutDiamond

Visit site
I don't know about your journey with Torres, Michen. But it is clear, reading posts here from those who do, that he was a very lucky boy to have found you. And what a stunner he was, smashing photos for keepsakes.

You took wonderful care of him, please do the same for yourself now.xx

ManBearPig

Visit site
I haven't been a member on here very long, but I have lurked for some time and have been following your journey with Torres. I am sorry that it had to end this way, but take comfort in the knowledge that you have given him a happy and love-filled life and gave him the ultimate gift of ending his pain before it became suffering.
You have some beautiful photos and I hope you will treasure your memories of your beloved boy. Enjoy your drink in his memory and remove yourself from insensitive comments; you have your very dear friend to turn to and I'm sure the majority of people on here are behind you. Most importantly, take care of yourself. x

Doris68

Visit site
I said goodbye to my dearest lady, nearly 3 months ago. she'd been with me for 25 years - it was heart-breaking, and still is. I think you've done the finest thing with your lovely boy and, selflessly, have let him go without any further suffering. Your decision was a difficult one but mine was, relativel easy....well, as easy as any decision is to make to say goodbye to a much-loved horse. Remember all the good times and be strong - you're a very compassionate person for sure!

Michen

Visit site
I said goodbye to my dearest lady, nearly 3 months ago. she'd been with me for 25 years - it was heart-breaking, and still is. I think you've done the finest thing with your lovely boy and, selflessly, have let him go without any further suffering. Your decision was a difficult one but mine was, relativel easy....well, as easy as any decision is to make to say goodbye to a much-loved horse. Remember all the good times and be strong - you're a very compassionate person for sure!

I actually can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a horse you've had for that long, given how I feel having only loved Torres for 7 months. I hope you are as ok as can be xxxxxx

Doris68

Visit site
I actually can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a horse you've had for that long, given how I feel having only loved Torres for 7 months. I hope you are as ok as can be xxxxxx

Thank you! But your decision was much more difficult than mine in reality....mine was one of "no choice" at the time. Yours was very considered and with such a young horse, a very brave decision. When you love a horse there are no time parameters - love is just love and will last forever. I still miss her a lot and I guess I'll never stop missing her. Stay strong and don't be afraid to miss him. xx

Michen

Visit site
Au revoir for now everyone, time for me to leave the online world for a while and grieve for my boy. Every single comment (near enough!) on this thread has helped and you are all bloody lovely for being so kind. Masses of thanks and especially to those of you whose knowledge helped me get as far as I did with Torres, you all know who you are. Take care and cuddle your horses xxxxxxx

TPO

Visit site
Ah Michen, I haven't been on here in a while but I'm off sick today so the first thing I did was look up your posts for a Torres update.

I hadn't noticed any new posts on FB either and now I know why.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only echo the sentiments of every decent person on this thread that no one could have done any more. No stone was left unturned and no path was left unwalked in trying your very best by Torres.

I envy you the friend you have in Ahrena.

Wishing you all the happiness with your new horse and I hope that you continue to post.

Take care x

canteron

Visit site
Wow, what fabulous pictures, you clearly had such a amazing bond, a real friend.

I was toying whether to ride my pony today and you have just reminded me that having a healthy horse is a huge privilege and inspired me to enjoy my horses while I can.

Thanks for sharing the Torres story.

Michen

Visit site
Ah Michen, I haven't been on here in a while but I'm off sick today so the first thing I did was look up your posts for a Torres update.

I hadn't noticed any new posts on FB either and now I know why.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only echo the sentiments of every decent person on this thread that no one could have done any more. No stone was left unturned and no path was left unwalked in trying your very best by Torres.

I envy you the friend you have in Ahrena.

Wishing you all the happiness with your new horse and I hope that you continue to post.

Take care x

Thanks Tobiano xxx Sorry it wasn't a happier update! It'll be a fair while before I get another beastie I think, for now I'm concentrating on the pony Harri. He's doing a good job so far of cheering me up a bit :) xx

Boulty

Visit site
Gonna apologise for posting on something a few days old as I'm not the most active on here normally but have vaguely been following your journey and have just got back after having been away for a few weeks hence missing any and all recent posts. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way things have worked out (RIP beautiful boy) but you should be very proud of the amazing thing you did in trying to help this horse and I'm sure he was grateful to you for how hard you tried. Can totally see why you had to do what you did in the end with all the multitude of health problems he had stacking up. Those photos are beautiful and huge hugs to you xxxx