One last evening, my beautiful boy Torres

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Thinking of you Michen x Those were beautiful pictures you shared last night, a stunning looking boy. Also a very lucky one to have found you. How lovely that he is now running, pain free and free from all harm.

Emmangel

Visit site
I'm crying so I cannot imagine how you must feel. Just wanted to say how sad I am, but that you are doing the right thing by your gorgeous boy. If he could he would thank you for saving him - TWICE. Thanks for posting the pics - they will bring you comfort in times ahead xx

ktj1891

Visit site
The horse is being put to sleep not because he is in agonising, chronicle pain which needs instant relief but because long term he is unlikely to come right.

I know Michen and Torres personally. She's one of my best friends and Torre's is kept where Ii keep my horses. From a vet perspective, although I may be wrong here, I understood he was actually okayed to come back into work months ago.

I think your comments are highly unnecessary and insensitive given the nature of this post. She sat on him whilst he ate a bucket of feed for two minutes to have a nice cuddle and a special moment. If the horse had a broken leg - okay, fair enough, you wouldn't do that, but he isn't crippled hoping lame on a day to day basis when just pottering quietly around the field. To be honest, even if it had been a bit unfair (which it wasn't - I was there, and Torres is more than happy to display his opinion if things are uncomfortable or if he doesn't want to do something), is there even the SLIGHTEST point in raising it now?!

I have never in my life seen someone pour so much time, effort and energy into fixing a horse, let alone one that cost £200 and never really proved itself in any way shape or form, she did it for the pure love of the creature as he is. I've been on the receiving end of every new discovery and new decisions, I used to wake up to find 4 or 5 messages sent in the middle of the night where she'd been up researching every tiny little thing that could make any sort of difference. It's been a nightmare from start to finish, this horse hasn't, one day in his life with Michen wanted for anything.

As much as I've wanted to bang my head repetitively into a wall when she's mentioned yet another problem based off a very slight observation, she's been proven right every single time. Most of his problems would of gone entirely unnoticed or dismissed by the average horse owner; some of them, myself included.

I think it's incredibly spiteful and unnecessary to make her feel bad about it now, even if it did harm the horse or cause him additional discomfort (which it did NOT, he was sore after galloping around the field with his friend on hard ground, and the pictures were taken prior to that), what would you achieve? Only to make someone who is heartbroken and devastated feel even worse. I know you're known for speaking your mind and you clearly feel that being able to do so makes you above everyone else, but take a good hard look at yourself. Kicking someone on one of the toughest nights of their life is not big, not clever and no one is going to learn anything from it. There's nothing constructive to be learnt from your observation so it was massively pointless, and downright cruel. You often give pointless comments like this and I honestly don't know what you think you have to gain by it, apart from feeling better than everyone else, but you know what? It makes you far, far worse. If you disagree, sometimes there's times to stay out of it, and this is one of them.

VERY WELL SAID. I have followed your posts Michen and I can really empathise with you (ex racer horse owner here). My thoughts are with you today and I can only imagine how devastated you are. BUT at least you will always know that you did your best for him. He has lucky to have you!

ozpoz

Visit site
So sorry,Michen.
He looks incredibly happy in the photos - so lucky to be loved and cared for to the end. My thoughts are with you. xx

Spilletta

Visit site
RIP lovely boy, and take care Michen. The photos are beautiful and will be a great comfort to you. He'll have gone just knowing the sun on his back and that he was loved.

Ladyinred

Visit site
The horse is being put to sleep not because he is in agonising, chronicle pain which needs instant relief but because long term he is unlikely to come right.

I know Michen and Torres personally. She's one of my best friends and Torre's is kept where Ii keep my horses. From a vet perspective, although I may be wrong here, I understood he was actually okayed to come back into work months ago.

I think your comments are highly unnecessary and insensitive given the nature of this post. She sat on him whilst he ate a bucket of feed for two minutes to have a nice cuddle and a special moment. If the horse had a broken leg - okay, fair enough, you wouldn't do that, but he isn't crippled hoping lame on a day to day basis when just pottering quietly around the field. To be honest, even if it had been a bit unfair (which it wasn't - I was there, and Torres is more than happy to display his opinion if things are uncomfortable or if he doesn't want to do something), is there even the SLIGHTEST point in raising it now?!

I have never in my life seen someone pour so much time, effort and energy into fixing a horse, let alone one that cost £200 and never really proved itself in any way shape or form, she did it for the pure love of the creature as he is. I've been on the receiving end of every new discovery and new decisions, I used to wake up to find 4 or 5 messages sent in the middle of the night where she'd been up researching every tiny little thing that could make any sort of difference. It's been a nightmare from start to finish, this horse hasn't, one day in his life with Michen wanted for anything.

As much as I've wanted to bang my head repetitively into a wall when she's mentioned yet another problem based off a very slight observation, she's been proven right every single time. Most of his problems would of gone entirely unnoticed or dismissed by the average horse owner; some of them, myself included.

I think it's incredibly spiteful and unnecessary to make her feel bad about it now, even if it did harm the horse or cause him additional discomfort (which it did NOT, he was sore after galloping around the field with his friend on hard ground, and the pictures were taken prior to that), what would you achieve? Only to make someone who is heartbroken and devastated feel even worse. I know you're known for speaking your mind and you clearly feel that being able to do so makes you above everyone else, but take a good hard look at yourself. Kicking someone on one of the toughest nights of their life is not big, not clever and no one is going to learn anything from it. There's nothing constructive to be learnt from your observation so it was massively pointless, and downright cruel. You often give pointless comments like this and I honestly don't know what you think you have to gain by it, apart from feeling better than everyone else, but you know what? It makes you far, far worse. If you disagree, sometimes there's times to stay out of it, and this is one of them.

Well said Ahrena, even though it should never have needed saying. I was shocked to the core by the total lack of sensitivity and understanding in the relevant post. Totally uncalled for. I am sure that 99.9% of us are with Michen all the way; her care and love for this horse have been above reproach and I am only sorry she didn't succeed with him. She deserved to, but sadly we don't always get what we deserve from life no matter how much time, money, energy and pure love we pour in.

Look after her Ahrena, she needs friends like you around her right now.

MadisonBelle

Visit site
I'm so sorry :(

I think the picture of him looking at the camera with ears pricked and you looking up at him says it all really.......... The world would be a much nicer place if they were all loved like that........

xxx

fatpiggy

Visit site
Yes, I realise that some have different welfare standards. I apologise YET AGAIN. Personally, I would not sit on a horse who is being pts for any kind of physical lameness, however mild or not. But I am a freak in that respect clearly ;)

I suggest that you remember the adage that when you are in a hole, stop digging. This is hardly the first time you have shown yourself up on this board as a self-satisfied, know it all with not a trace of empathy. And yes, we can see through your fake apology. My mare was put down largely as the result of chronic arthritis and I'm not ashamed to say I spent a minute sitting on her bareback the day before simply because it wasn't going to make any difference to the outcome, and because it was the last time I would have the pleasure of being one with her.

Michen

Visit site
Ahrena and I are currently celebrating Torres' life with a cider in the sun, with me having shed all my tears (for now) on the m25. Thank you everyone again, what a lucky horse to have so many people wishing him well :)

Fools Motto

Visit site
Horsey heaven gained a star today. Gallop on Torres. God Bless.
Thinking of you Michen and Ahrena, - and your cider!! x

PolarSkye

Visit site
Ahrena and I are currently celebrating Torres' life with a cider in the sun, with me having shed all my tears (for now) on the m25. Thank you everyone again, what a lucky horse to have so many people wishing him well :)

Raising a glass of sauvignon blanc to the three of you (I'm working from the patio at our house and having a cheeky early glass). To Torres!

P

Michen

Visit site
You've all set me off again now- I was doing so well. For what it's worth the guys who came were very kind to him I'm told, it was totally instant (as intended) and he went having eaten a full bag of carrots and 3 packets of polos. He spent the morning in a little paddock up to his knees in grass with his best buddy. Couldn't have hoped for a better day and last morning for my lad xxxx

Old Bat

Visit site
Oh you poor girl. What lovely pictures and memories to treasure. He was a lucky horse to find you at the right time. I'll raise a toast to you later.

Copperpot

Visit site
I would love to raise a glass of Pinm's and lemonade to Torres, but am working tonight so will toast him with a cup of coffee. Gallop in the clouds xx

PolarSkye

Visit site
You've all set me off again now- I was doing so well. For what it's worth the guys who came were very kind to him I'm told, it was totally instant (as intended) and he went having eaten a full bag of carrots and 3 packets of polos. He spent the morning in a little paddock up to his knees in grass with his best buddy. Couldn't have hoped for a better day and last morning for my lad xxxx

You couldn't have done more - a lovely life with you and a peaceful send off. Many hugs.

P

Arzada

Visit site

He was one lucky horse to meet you. You couldn't have done more for him.

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Bless you he was lucky to have spent his last bit of time with you, you did all you could for him be very proud of yourself x

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Bless you he was lucky to have spent his last bit of time with you, you did all you could for him be very proud of yourself x