Orbit

Visit site
You can bank transfer. The passport doesn't need to go back to France I don't think. If there is an issue they withhold it and send the horse with a photocopy. So if you have the proper passport it doesn't need to go back.

But what you might have to do is send it to Wetherby's after your vet has been and done a markings and naming form (which costs a pretty penny) even if you don't actually give him a name. Which then overstamps him for being in Britain. This *should* have been done in Ireland but they don't always get things done in a timely manner...

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
He's lovely.

As he's french you can look him up here. https://infochevaux.ifce.fr/fr/info-chevaux/237109 No name but search on his SIRE number

I was Frankie's first uk owner and he had a French passport which is the id doc and also a carte de something which is the ownership certificate. I sent that off together with a copy of my bill of sale. Didn't have to send the passport, that stays with the horse. French authorities were very helpful and responded to emails in English. Can't remember how i paid the fee which wasn't much but it can't have been difficult or it would have stuck in my mind. Didn't get the card back as they retain it if the owner is overseas but am to this day on the database as an owner.

I tnought i did register for ROR hasn't raced but been in training option. However I think there was something about an agreement with British and French racing and accepting passports at that time, 2007 which doesn't apply now.

It's the carte d'immatriculation that should have come over with him that is sent off to change ownership first time but previous owners may have done this. The passport doesn't get updated, just the database on the site I linked to.

Last edited:

criso

Visit site
You can bank transfer. The passport doesn't need to go back to France I don't think. If there is an issue they withhold it and send the horse with a photocopy. So if you have the proper passport it doesn't need to go back.

But what you might have to do is send it to Wetherby's after your vet has been and done a markings and naming form (which costs a pretty penny) even if you don't actually give him a name. Which then overstamps him for being in Britain. This *should* have been done in Ireland but they don't always get things done in a timely manner...
Would you need to redo markings if they are already in the french passport? Mine has diagrams although as he was bay without any white, they've had to rely on whorls.

Eta just looked at the passport, whorl is Epi in french

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true πŸ˜‚

He has all the markings and stamps done, i could translate that at least πŸ˜‚

criso

Visit site
They get redone when they come over here to be able to race. It would be on a Wetherbys form stapled in if it had been done.
But if he's not racing but a leisure horse would BB need to do that?

I had the same, French tb, in training in France, brought over to UK. In my case the person who brought him over didn't change the registration so he was still registered to his French owner. Passport had the diagrams (done at about 3 months old, then verified at 2) all signed by the vets

So had to update ownership in France and which is not the passport.

This will download the info sheet. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...usg=AOvVaw3cemRNZieZLF31Nv-23bVG&opi=89978449

However I had a quick look at the change ownership form and for Arabs and Thoroughbreds overseas, it can't be done by internet so you have to contact them. I contacted them via the website in English and they replied telling me what I needed to do. Looks like it's 12Euros for standard and 23 for special cases which you would be

I would ask about adding a name too. It says 330 to change the name but not sure if adding it for the first time is the same. It may be cheaper to do when you get the passport overstamped in the UK depending on who you use. Frankie already had a name although he didn't race, I think it meant something to the breeder as they used variations with other foals from the same mare.

Since Frankie's time you now have to get all foreign passports overstamped by a UK passport authority as long as the passport is compliant. Passport must have

• A Unique Equine Life Number (UELN). This is sometimes referred to as the passport number and can be a combination of numbers and letters up to 15 characters/digits long.
  • A completed silhouette of the horse certified by an accredited vet.
  • A section confirming the food chain status regarding whether the horse is signed in or out of the food chain.
  • A vaccination record bound within the pages of the passport.

It can be any UK passport issuing agency so Weatherbys is an option but doesn't have to be

Visit site
But if he's not racing but a leisure horse would BB need to do that?

I had the same, French tb, in training in France, brought over to UK. In my case the person who brought him over didn't change the registration so he was still registered to his French owner. Passport had the diagrams (done at about 3 months old, then verified at 2) all signed by the vets

So had to update ownership in France and which is not the passport.

This will download the info sheet. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...usg=AOvVaw3cemRNZieZLF31Nv-23bVG&opi=89978449

However I had a quick look at the change ownership form and for Arabs and Thoroughbreds overseas, it can't be done by internet so you have to contact them. I contacted them via the website in English and they replied telling me what I needed to do. Looks like it's 12Euros for standard and 23 for special cases which you would be

I would ask about adding a name too. It says 330 to change the name but not sure if adding it for the first time is the same. It may be cheaper to do when you get the passport overstamped in the UK depending on who you use. Frankie already had a name although he didn't race, I think it meant something to the breeder as they used variations with other foals from the same mare.

Since Frankie's time you now have to get all foreign passports overstamped by a UK passport authority as long as the passport is compliant. Passport must have

• A Unique Equine Life Number (UELN). This is sometimes referred to as the passport number and can be a combination of numbers and letters up to 15 characters/digits long.
  • A completed silhouette of the horse certified by an accredited vet.
  • A section confirming the food chain status regarding whether the horse is signed in or out of the food chain.
  • A vaccination record bound within the pages of the passport.

It can be any UK passport issuing agency so Weatherbys is an option but doesn't have to be

No it will not need redone if not racing unless you really want a proper named passport. It really should have been done on the horses arrival in Ireland.

criso

Visit site
No it will not need redone if not racing unless you really want a proper named passport. It really should have been done on the horses arrival in Ireland.

It should have been but it wasn't.

BB can just add the name if she wants to spend 330 euros and then she's got a proper passport with all the details, vaccination records, microchip number linked to a database in France. Just needs to be overstamped here which would be the same for any breed from any country. It just won't be valid for racing if they require the diagrams to be redone by Weatherbys.

Barton Bounty

Im not bothering with all this malarkey ffs πŸ˜‚

Barton Bounty

BB can just add the name if she wants to spend 330 euros and then she's got a proper passport with all the details, vaccination records, microchip number linked to a database in France. Just needs to be overstamped here which would be the same for any breed from any country. It just won't be valid for racing if they require the diagrams to be redone by Weatherbys.
I dont want to spend 330€ for a name 😳

criso

Visit site
I dont want to spend 330€ for a name 😳
Hopefully not. The 330 is to change a name so it may not be the same to add one for the first time. If it is then just get ownership changed (23 euros) and see if you can get a name added when it's overstamped by a UK authority which you have to do with any non UK horse.

Barton Bounty

Hopefully not. The 330 is to change a name so it may not be the same to add one for the first time. If it is then just get ownership changed (23 euros) and see if you can get a name added when it's overstamped by a UK authority which you have to do with any non UK horse.
Why the hell has all of this been missed ?

criso

Visit site
Why the hell has all of this been missed ?
He's a French horse, you need to change ownership to yourself. That's the same whether you are the first to do this in the UK or the 10th owner. Just use the contact form on the link and ask them what they need and double check the name thing.

Lots of horses end up unnamed on passport. Someone on the yard has a tb without a name on the passport and Weatherbys want lots of money to add a name too. It's often left for the owners who will run to choose something. My other tb had a name too, he's Irish, but that is related to the stud. So I've just been lucky the breeders named from the start in both cases saving me money.

The overstamping of foreign passports is a relatively new thing, 2019 and I bet lots of people with imported horses who have been here for years haven't bothered.

And as Elf said, there are different requirements with passports if he had ended up racing here so they would have gone down that route.

Do you know when he came over and where he was in the UK. The vaccination page can help.

Barton Bounty

He's a French horse, you need to change ownership to yourself. That's the same whether you are the first to do this in the UK or the 10th owner. Just use the contact form on the link and ask them what they need and double check the name thing.

Lots of horses end up unnamed on passport. Someone on the yard has a tb without a name on the passport and Weatherbys want lots of money to add a name too. It's often left for the owners who will run to choose something. My other tb had a name too, he's Irish, but that is related to the stud. So I've just been lucky the breeders named from the start in both cases saving me money.

The overstamping of foreign passports is a relatively new thing, 2019 and I bet lots of people with imported horses who have been here for years haven't bothered.

And as Elf said, there are different requirements with passports if he had ended up racing here so they would have gone down that route.

Do you know when he came over and where he was in the UK. The vaccination page can help.
Yeah, he was last vaccinated in west sligo , Ireland in march 23, then he came straight to kevin … in dumfries

criso

Visit site
Yeah, he was last vaccinated in west sligo , Ireland in march 23, then he came straight to kevin … in dumfries

The overstamping of foreign horse passports is a UK thing, don't know if it's needed in Ireland.

Is Kevin from Solway Racehorses? If so it's like a dealer. They don't change passports but leave it for the new owner to do.

Barton Bounty

The overstamping of foreign horse passports is a UK thing, don't know if it's needed in Ireland.

Is Kevin from Solway Racehorses? If so it's like a dealer. They don't change passports but leave it for the new owner to do.
Yeah i knew that part, just the ireland part probably a dealer too πŸ‘€

dottylottie

Visit site

for that price i’d be putting a post-it note in with his nameπŸ˜‚πŸ€£