pi@@ed off about ebay & their promise to refund every b@tch out

coralwings20

Visit site
I had a master saddler over to check the air in my albion flair saddle - when I rode in it, it was clear with his roach back it was a little long for him so she valued it at £600. I saw a saddle I really wanted so when this girl offered me £400, I accepted it expecting her to pay immediately as agreed. She took 24 hours to pay & I lost out on the saddle I wanted. She has now received the saddle & states it's discoloured - I have 60 photos to prove it wasn't & saddlers report to say it wasn't. Her answer is buyer protection & she isn't happy with the saddle (more like it doesn't fit her horse). Of course ebay will favour her but I don't have the £400 anymore - what can I do? 😭 how long will the case remain open before I have to sell something of value ie my mums eengagement ring to pay this conniving bitch back?! 😠

As soon as she is awarded her money back, I'm taking her to small claims court + contacting watchdog & such programmes.

The buyer protection is being so abused innocent & honest sellers like me end up out of pockey!

😠

Queenbee

Visit site
Did you tick no refunds? Ebay, i have found is quite fair. They supported me as a seller and upheld the sale. I would actually call ebay and chat it through with them.

Equi

Visit site
She has to provide proof that it is "discoloured" and you can counter it. In this case i think eBay would favor you actually - unless you didn't tick "no returns"

risky business

Visit site
Surely she cannot make that claim without proving proof of this claim?

Especially if you have evidence that it was in the condition you stated when sold, I would be talking to eBay about this before doing anything.

Equi

Visit site
As for how long it takes, usually 10 days after a case has been escalated. (it takes 8 days i think before it can be escalated?) so around that..

coralwings20

Visit site
Don't care if she's a member or not, looking at her feedback left for others, it appears I'm not the first person she has screwed over over saddles. I have asked her for photos but conventally she is away this weekend . I literally sold the saddle 6 hours after the master saddler left!

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
OP accept it back before the cow does something to make it discoloured therefore winning the case and devaluing the saddle. Hope its only that it doesn't fit her horse and not that she's broken it. Then sell it via a means where you don't have to accept paypal as a payment method. If someone wants to pay with paypal eg on Preloved, only accept it if they pay via the "send friends money" option then the buyer protection rules don't apply. Paypal is rubbish for sellers. If you decide to relist on eBay choose the "collection only" option, put "cash on collection" in the listing and refuse a paypal payment when someone wins. If they pay that way refund them and insist on cash.

Equi

Visit site
She clearly wants a good saddle for cheap and wont pay for a saddler. Id fight it personally. If it came back in less condition you could open a case on her anyway

coralwings20

Visit site
I have 60 photos (alot with the serial number on display & that dates paper). So should it come back the way not sent, I shall also add the value of the saddle to the small claims I'm going to issue. I paid £700 for this saddle &) a month ago & that saddler is also going to write a report. She may win through eBay but let's see her chances in court.

Crumpet

Visit site
If you're not a business seller you are not obliged to accept returns if the item is sold as described unless you stated in the advert that you accepted returns. If you have it returned make sure you get proof of postage and a tracking number from the buyer. Be careful of a chargeback on your paypal, I hope you get this sorted without having to pawn your worldly goods.

Pilib

Visit site
I sold a saddle cloth second hand on e-bay. Buyer paid, I posted and she left great feedback. She then e-mailed to say that the saddle cloth had hair on it and she wanted a refund! Even though she'd left good feedback e-bay sided with her and I was forced to refund..... Ridiculous!

Queenbee

Visit site
Doesn't matter if you put accept refunds or not, ebay will always side with the buyer.

Absolutely not true, as i stated earlier, they supported me and upheld the sale, infact there was a time a few years ago when i sold a saddle, believing it to be one design and it actually was another, as a result the buyer asked if she could return it, i was happy to do this as i felt awful for making the mistake and ebay, actually asked me if i was happy to return it as i had ticked the no refund box. Just call ebay, they DO NOT always side with the buyer.

MissTyc

Visit site
Call Ebay and discuss.

And it might be worth just accepting the saddle back and refunding quickly, even if you have to borrow the money, and then sell it again asap so cover those costs, perhaps on a collection only equine Facebook page or something? Saddles seem to sell very well on Facebook.

coralwings20

Visit site
Thing is on all my listing I put will accept returns within 14 days at buyers cost so looks like I've no choice but to accept the saddle back & ask my mum for the money (I'm 40 btw) but will double check this with hubby when he gets up as he knows more about ebay than me. I'm worried I'm going to get a saddle that matches mine but isn't the same one (my saddler wrote the serial number down as she phoned albion to confirm all the small derails of the saddle such as a tb head ect). This could well be a scam or just a silly little girl abusing the money back gatentuee. Not slept as angry & worried at the same time.

hairycob

Visit site
Well if you put you will accept returns within 14 days surely she is only doing anything what you said you were happy with in advance of the sale. It looks like your problem is not thinking things through in advance, not the buyer.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Well if you put you will accept returns within 14 days surely she is only doing anything what you said you were happy with in advance of the sale. It looks like your problem is not thinking things through in advance, not the buyer.

This, and you certainly should have ensured you had £400 to refund for that period! Especially for a likely to be returned item like a saddle.

hairycob

Visit site
And to be fair to the buyer photos often don't give a good indication of colour so maybe it's just not what she expected. Also if £400 is going to give you such major problems what happens if your horse needs the vet?

Jnhuk

Visit site
It sounds like because you were in a rush to get the money so you could buy another saddle, you maybe let things slip that you wouldn't have done normally so end result you been done. Sure fight it and see what happens but sometimes you just have to put it done as one of those life learning experiences. Hope you get some recourse.

Can you (or did you) check the buyer's ratings before you sell to them? If there were other negative reviews for other saddles they'd purchased as you mentioned then I would have been extremely wary selling to them. I have never sold stuff on ebay so curious now.

webble

Visit site
This^^it sounds like she is just taking you up on your offer. If I was a bit unsure about something on ebay for any reason but the seller offered refunds I would probably think it was worth the cost of postage to send it back and give it a try