• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as HHO, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Piggies

Hexx

I'm picking up some new girls tomorrow - really looking forward to it and have spent the morning re-arranging the garage for the new cage. Quite excited!

I really like the advice that Saskia from LA guinea pig rescue gives - they have a youtube channel - worth checking it out.

julesjoy

I've weighed them today. No idea what they were when I got them, but they are considerably fatter now! 1040g and 1058g. Is that too much? How do I diet a piggie?

ester

Not slacking-multitasking
I tend to count it as a bit, but that is partly because what's fresh depends what is in the fridge/what I am making for myself too. They always get something. I have no idea why yesterdays brocolli was so terrible though.

julesjoy

Haha. Tonight I got the first excited squeaking when we'd finished dinner in the garden and they thought it was time for theirs (it was). So funny and cute!

I've also tried fleece bedding for 3 days and wasn't keen - much tidier than shavings kicked out everywhere during zoomies, but constantly felt wet on top.

ester

Not slacking-multitasking
Brilliant! we are doing hand noms now.
Millie (the nervier one) has taken to the 'in the box' method of catching/training much better than Tiffin!

I think people tend to use liners that wick it away from the top. I don't mind using it in the lounge run and I chuck it in a bucket every couple of weeks but thats more faff to me than skipping out the aubiose.

julesjoy

Latest question - how on earth does one clean out the water bottles? My fingers are too big and I haven't yet found a brush that fits in at the right angles.