please show me pictures of your horse's head

doriangrey

Visit site
It's absolutely no different to CPT telling me how unhappy CS is and implying that I ride him knowing he's in pain whilst being well aware he is under vet/ chiro/ trainer supervision.
No diff at all.

I think it's different. I've suggested in the past that CS looks unhappy or in pain due to the violence of his response - but not in a sarcastic manner I hope. I seem to remember wishing you good luck with him. I think cpt has been very restrained considering some of the replies to her original post. I remember asking you why scoping would give a false positive for ulcers which you didn't reply to - so I figured that was your prerogative so never mentioned it again. Maybe she should get the same respect.

Last edited:

cptrayes

Visit site
There has been a little confusion about kissing spines on this thread that I'd like to correct in case it helps others now or in the future. My horse was seen by a fully qualified physio. He was seen by numerous people including one dressage judge who told me I just needed to be harder on him and one judge advised me to get a man on him. There is no sure way of knowing if your horse has kissing spines other than to x Ray, which will tell you if the horse has impinging spines; then give injections based on the x Ray, which will tell you whether the spines were the sole cause of the behaviour. My vets will not operate unless the injections first show that an operation will work and I believe that is routine, since very often ulcers, psd and/or SI issues are also present.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
I think it's different. I've suggested in the past that CS looks unhappy or in pain due to the violence of his response - but not in a sarcastic manner I hope. I seem to remember wishing you good luck with him. I think cpt has been very restrained considering some of the replies to her original post. I remember asking you why scoping would give a false positive for ulcers which you didn't reply to - so I figured that was your prerogative so never mentioned it again. Maybe she should get the same respect.

Not sure what relevance this has? I didn't say you were rude, I said CPT was...people can say the same thing is a civil way or in an aggressive way.

I probably missed your post in all honesty. Starving for scoping can cause ulcers to appear when there were none. Hence a false positive. A gastro guard trial is better in many cases ( as long as the specific test for hind gut ulcers is clear, which it is for CS).

unicornystar

starbug02.wix.com
I will add my two penneth worth just as it appears from what I have read/seen my old horse was very similar to the OP's horse...

Firstly here is headshot of current boy (ID/x) 7 years old as requested in original post.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23236&d=1400058004

Secondly, from various posts I have seen (bear with me I dont get much time on here!) kissing spines, whether x rayed, operated, etc etc, may always present a problem...whether physio, vet etc say otherwise.

My own TB boy, had KS, coupled with what appeared signs of a brain tumour. But no proof obviously.....he ran into things, including me, he was dangerous in hand, on the ground, to the point I had to have him put down despite various opinions.

From what I have read, and this is my OWN opinion I would have had this horse put down some time ago. I am prepared to be shot down in flames and it is probably not what OP needs to hear.

No matter what operations etc we can never truly know what is going on or what degree of pain our horses are in. Once the relevant avenues have been exhausted it must be down to quality of life.

I feel very sorry for OP as horse is beautiful and I can totally see why you are looking for answers and continuing searching...but realistically I feel there is much more to this behaviour than a simple fix. Of course you know that, but just putting an opinion out there.

For example....the horse below was the one I had to have put down.......looking at him you really wouldn't make that decision unless you lived with him day to day...this was one WEEK before I made that decision...

attachment.php

Last edited:

_HP_

Visit site
Bit of advice for those that have a problem with cptrayes and how she manages her horse......don't open her threads...move on....it's really that simple. :p

BlackRider

Visit site
Bit of advice for those that have a problem with cptrayes and how she manages her horse......don't open her threads...move on....it's really that simple. :p

Well said.

Can't believe how nasty this thread has been.

CPTrayes - ((HUGS))

JenHunt

Visit site
ron (winter time)

and during the summer

eta I've noticed that his veins stand out on his face more in the summer, particularly if he's hot (reasonably obvious i guess), but especially when certain plants are producing pollen - the ash trees and oilseed rape seem to be the common denominators.