Potential New Horse Thread - Vetting Today!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I’m trying and failing to lose half a stone so your achievement is amazing , a big well done and your boy sounds like he is going to be great, all the hard work on the ground is definitely worth it. Looking forward to more updates when you can

Annagain

Visit site
Seeing him makes me wish I had the confidence to take on a youngster like you have. He's gorgeous and you obviously have such a great relationship with him.

Well done on the weight loss. Enjoy riding him!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Thank you everyone, what an amazing start to my day reading all your lovely comments this morning! He really is fab, I am lucky that I got a horse with such a good brain sight unseen, I'd like to think I could tell by his eye/face but of course that's not 100% proof. It's been hard work at times, but he really does try, and want to engage with me, and I love it.

The weight loss has been a long old slog, but I have just been trying to lose the next 1lb at a time. I tried for 2 years to lose some so I could get another horse and then thought sod it, I'll get the horse and then effectively make a £x'000 bet with myself that I have to lose it, or I'll have a VERY expensive lawn mower pet!

I am also thrilled to report that tentatively speaking, all his sarcoids have disappeared - I will need to reevaluate once the winter coat has gone of course, but I definitely can't feel or see anything any more - so I hope that lasts!

Seeing him makes me wish I had the confidence to take on a youngster like you have.

Honestly, I have had 'oh my god, what have I done' moments aplenty - when he blasted out the lorry with only one door open straight through the man on the ramp was the first one 😂 he has rope burnt my hand several times, smashed fencing, jumped a gate and had a spate of rearing in hand early doors, but it's SO rewarding, I didn't realise just how much I would enjoy all the teaching that needs to be done, everything is an achievement when they don't know anything at all and it makes it all so fun. Especially when you see the shift from nervous youngster to youbecoming their person, to 'what are we doing next, this is fun'

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Brilliant update - I'm so pleased for you. About time you had a break!

He is fabulous and I'm so looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Thank you - Honestly, Dex is about the only thing that has kept my head above water at times in the last 6 months. The world brought him to me for a reason, I'm sure of it!