Proud dog owner moments

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Booked a one to one session at a new venue last week, to continue working on a specific issue. Tried to elicit the issue using trainer's dog - nada. Goes and gets another dog out of the van - nope. Fetches a rambunctious puppy - nothing. Starts chucking every dog out of every person's van on site, in increasingly high arousal presentations (lobbing balls, barking, recalling and sending away past at speed etc.) - not a squeak.

Poor chap was trying very hard and probably though I was going to be all butthurt as we'd travelled a long way and paid a fair wad of money but I was *thrilled*. And to his credit we did end up driving on to a public park to try some more things out in the wild.

As CC, dog is still a knobhead from home but off the back of this experience we bundled into the car yesterday to a big park, the kind of place I would never normally walk in a million years. She absolutely smashed it. 💪💪💪
Love this post !

Titchy Pony

Visit site
I'm really proud of Monster as he's turning out to be an unexpectedly good "big brother" to Liberty.
He plays with her, puts up with her chewing on various body parts, even lets her steal his chews (there are plenty of chews to go round, but they always want the one the other has!). We do occasionally exchange a look of "puppies!", though. She is in her playpen if I'm not around to stop her pestering him too much, but I don't have to worry about what will happen if she gets out (she's already figured this out but I've solved it with an extra clip on the gate).
I took them both to dog club yesterday and Monster looks like he might be a bit protective of Liberty, so I wouldn't recommend upsetting her when he's around! (I will be watching this development)

scruffyponies

Visit site
Pluto (20mth, F, Presa Canario) joined me on a trip out into the garden to chop wood. Totally overjoyed, she raced ahead of me on the path around the corner of the garage at full speed... straight into (through?!) a chicken, which flew into the air, a squawking, flapping ball of indignant feathers.

Pluto totally ignored this somewhat extreme test (we don't chase chickens), and carried on with her day. <3

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Smashed it at the dog gauntlet park again today. Boxer 'he's friendly but he's just very bouncy!', same baby shepherd as last time still going BORK BORK BORK, pair of starey Siberians reeled out on extending leads, apoplectic snarling bully type, big cropped eared cane corso, assorted spaniels. Mild reaction to a shih tzu but entirely proportionate IMO as it was an arsehole with a death wish.

Asked OH to film a couple as I like to have an idea of what I'm sending down the lead or if I'm missing any cues. Passing the cc her head kept snapping back up to me, five beautiful auto check-ins, yes they were all marked and she got her ball after the pass.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Took Zenya to an “introduction to scent “ workshop today . She is usually good with other dogs but I was a little apprehensive as we were going to be in a room with 3 other dogs . She was a star , other dogs were a cocker and poodle both very whizzy , and a vocal JRT. My girl was really focussed on me when working and lay quietly next to me when not . I was very proud when the trainer said “ you always have such lovely shepherds “ though I can’t take credit for breeding Zen .

Clodagh

Visit site
Took Zenya to an “introduction to scent “ workshop today . She is usually good with other dogs but I was a little apprehensive as we were going to be in a room with 3 other dogs . She was a star , other dogs were a cocker and poodle both very whizzy , and a vocal JRT. My girl was really focussed on me when working and lay quietly next to me when not . I was very proud when the trainer said “ you always have such lovely shepherds “ though I can’t take credit for breeding Zen .
I’ve enquired about a scentwork course, thought I might take Ffee. Have you done it before? Did you enjoy it?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I’ve enquired about a scentwork course, thought I might take Ffee. Have you done it before? Did you enjoy it?

That was our first attempt at scent work, though she does man trailing. It was great fun and we did a second one last week and she was fab, just beginning to get a very slight freeze when she finds the item, though not sure we will ever achieve the total freeze you see on proper drugs search type dogs.

Clodagh

Visit site
That was our first attempt at scent work, though she does man trailing. It was great fun and we did a second one last week and she was fab, just beginning to get a very slight freeze when she finds the item, though not sure we will ever achieve the total freeze you see on proper drugs search type dogs.
I need a dog that can find my phone and car keys 🤣

Titchy Pony

Visit site
I need a dog that can find my phone and car keys 🤣
I have a friend who taught her dog to find her phone. He even found it in my pocket (apparently harder for him at the time to find it on another person). Very useful.
Another person I knew kept dropping her house keys outside in the dark, so taught her dog to pick them up for her.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Out for a walk with Zenya and a friend with her dog. In open country with no stock so dogs were off lead, and they put up a hare ! They were in the next field before I even got my brain in gear, but without too much hope I used my whistle which is the emergency recall tool. Within seconds Zen had down a u turn and was heading back to me, she reacted quicker than friends dog did and he is super well trained. So pleased with her, nearly all the sausage rewards went in one go .

ArklePig

Visit site
I don't know if anyone remembers me mentioning in passing at some stage that I was teaching Fodhla to find my keys/phone/wallet etc as I manage to drop them when we're out walking. This morning she went out with Mr AP, and went into some grass and came out with a wallet they were able to return to a very grateful teenage boy 🥰🥰 very proud of her.

Clodagh

Visit site
I don't know if anyone remembers me mentioning in passing at some stage that I was teaching Fodhla to find my keys/phone/wallet etc as I manage to drop them when we're out walking. This morning she went out with Mr AP, and went into some grass and came out with a wallet they were able to return to a very grateful teenage boy 🥰🥰 very proud of her.
That’s just brilliant! What a clever girl.

Unicorn

Visit site
My dog can be quite reactive to other dogs running up to her, especially to smaller dogs. Yesterday we were just outside the front door when a neighbours frenchie came belting over barking at her. I fully expected her to lose it, but she just stood there looking slightly bemused at him. And off we went for a walk with absolutely no fuss.

I'm very, very proud of her!

Unicorn

Visit site

That's so awesome!

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Well I had to search this thread out but….

For all they are noisy reactive little horrors who quite often drive me mad, Flora and Colin could not be more adorable when we visit my mum (in a care home with advanced Alzheimer’s)

It’s nothing to do with me really, they are just lovely personalities, but I’m always so proud of them ❤️❤️❤️IMG_8809.jpeg

pistolpete

Visit site
Proud of this one when my grand daughter comes over. She’s normally quite skittish and boisterous. Never hurts Sophie.

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 12

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Going round a fairly remote part of the woods today and heard a guy calling his dog and putting on a lead, so I did the same, called Goose, stuck him on the lead, got off the path to give way. Guy had a 4 month old dobie puppy who was fine just ‘jumpy’. Given Goose was running free-never out of sight-I was happy he came so quickly. He’s really good with recall but today, he made me proud.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I am so incredibly proud right now, I've just got back from the vets with the two little dogs. Basil for injections and Cec has been bum licking a lot recently.
Cecil had a good check over and the vets first comments about him were "bloody hell, what does he do- visit the gym every evening?" me- bit confused "sorry"
He said he is in one of the most muscled up perfectly conditioned little dogs he's come across.... wish a horse vet would make that comment about my horse!

Really chuffed 😄 He is a solid little lump of a dog, Vet said absolutely no fat anywhere on him. Can't wait for Mr P to get home so i can rub his nose in that one

Other than that they were also the best behaved in the waiting room by a huge margin which is always a relief!

Go Cec!!

Morwenna

Visit site
Actually had someone compliment me on my dog’s loose lead walking the other day. Albeit by giving me a filthy look and muttering about how it’s all very well for some but their dog “won’t walk nicely on a lead”. I resisted the temptation to point out that you need to train it and that would mean tearing herself away from her phone and actually looking at her poor dog on walks.

I took her for a walk over some fields yesterday, she has been getting offlead time back as her recall is much better after the adolescent blip. She was about to disappear over the brow of a hill and I whistled her and she span round and came back to me so fast she had to use my legs for an emergency stop.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Le sigh, she was SO good with a neighbour and his elderly dog today, thought we were finally onto a winner, but on the way back got eyeballed by a similarly reactive old collie that wobbles past our house so she obviously remembers him, wouldn't take food, got herself into a state and had to be taken past on two legs, barking hysterically. Collie gobbed off back, cue owner roaring NO at it, I would have offered some sage wisdom ;) but just wanted to get her out of the road.