Proud dog owner moments

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mitch went for his first woods walk today since box rest for his split paw. We met multiple dogs, I asked him to go past a cockapoo (?) whose body language did not look friendly. I just thoroughly enjoyed watching him sniff and explore, he’s like a dressage pony, moves beautifully, comes back for loves occasionally, just a happy, lovely dog. It helps that the sun was shining and the woods are carpeted in bluebells. 🙂

Janique

Visit site
For the first time yesterday, Nouille came running towards me at full speed when i called her !
She was lose and busy finding a cat in the garden but for once, i seemed to be more important !

I was so happy, it might sound very little but for a Basset, that could be quiet an achievment ! :)

scruffyponies

Visit site
Took Pluto (2yo female Presa Canario) to a busy NT garden at the weekend. We met up with friends, including 2 dogs she knew and one (bouncy male lab) she had never met.
She was super-excited but settled quickly, friendly and mannerly, (other than a couple of barks trying to get the lab to play).
Chatting briefly to the lady at the gate on the way out the lady remarked "She's one of the calmest dogs we've seen all day!".

At one point she 'found' 3 children hidden in a bush next to us (I hadn't seen them) and just got on with her day like shrubbery full of kids was perfectly normal. :)

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
What a lovely thread! I don't think I've posted in this one before, which is weird because I am often proud of Ivy.

Yesterday she greeted a stranger she was nervous of. She asked to say hello to my dog and I said perhaps but that dog can be a little nervous so would have to be on her terms. Ivy was unsure but the person sat down on the pavement a little way away and let Ivy come to her to sniff. Then Ivy came in for some fuss and scratches. It was so lovely. This person is one of the vulnerable people in our area we often see drinking on the street, which I think added to Ivy being unsure, but you could see the connection meant a lot. The person said to Ivy 'let's make friends, I need a friend' and it made me want to cry and be so proud of my timid little hound.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
So proud of Zenya at her man trailing session yesterday. We did a split trail , which means 2 people set out but she is only given a scent cloth for one, they walk together, then split, then back together and the aim is for her to only trail the official "mispa". To add to the challenge the non mispa was my friend who Zenya adores and who we went on holiday with last week. She trailed beautifully, came to my friend, went up to her ,had a sniff then carried on to the right person. I was amazed she did it, as normally she screams round my friends neck every time we see her.
It's her 2nd birthday today so double treats .

Morwenna

Visit site
We had mantrailing the other day and I am so proud of how well she is doing. We passed our first assessment a few weeks ago and so are working towards the next one, so longer trails, adding more age to them, and adding some technical elements (not all at the same time!). She is really getting the hang of problem solving and working methodically. Last time we did a 650m trail which is the longest she has done and she was amazing.