Racing this weekend

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We all know that horses doing the bulk of their work on surfaces have frequent soft tissue injuries. NH horses train on surfaces. I have enjoyed a fair few stable visits over the years and the galloping surfaces have been very varied. One yard had a very deep uphill gallop and the horses out of that yard are renowned for their staying performances in deep ground to this day. Another yard had a flat gallop with a very firm surface, it looked like a Martin Collins surface but doubt it was.

Could there be a connection with catastrophic breakdowns on turf and consistent training on artificial surfaces for winter NH horses.

Gamebird

Visit site
We all know that horses doing the bulk of their work on surfaces have frequent soft tissue injuries. NH horses train on surfaces. I have enjoyed a fair few stable visits over the years and the galloping surfaces have been very varied. One yard had a very deep uphill gallop and the horses out of that yard are renowned for their staying performances in deep ground to this day. Another yard had a flat gallop with a very firm surface, it looked like a Martin Collins surface but doubt it was.

Could there be a connection with catastrophic breakdowns on turf and consistent training on artificial surfaces for winter NH horses.
If anyone is interested in different trainers and how they use their gallops etc. this book is excellent (and the author knows a thing or two herself!):

teapot

Visit site
If anyone is interested in different trainers and how they use their gallops etc. this book is excellent (and the author knows a thing or two herself!):

I see she's training again too!

Clodagh

Visit site

I bought this at the charity shop last week for £1! Looking forward to reading it

Clodagh

Visit site
Dipping back in... Do we think Shishkin will run today? Such an intriguing character!
I hope so because I have actually got the afternoon at home to watch it.
I’ve got Makinyourmindup running at Newbury. Which is more exciting to me! 😄.
On ATR fb yesterday there was a clip of Sprinter Sacre. Best horse ever.

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Well done Shishkin , I really wish they would take off or at least loosen the noseband , for those in racing , why don’t they?

It just seems to depend on the yard as to whether they do nosebands or not. It frustrates me when they don’t undo them but that’s just me.

Very easy win for Edwardstone, hope Amarillo Sky is alright after pulling up very sharply.

I do have a soft spot for Funambule Sivola, he looks like just a lovely horse.

McGrools

Visit site
Love Edwardstone. That was an amazing performance. I hope he blasts off at Cheltenham like that and leaves the top 2 in the champion chase in his wake xx

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Home schooling… slightly horrified and feeling rather old fashioned about the dog leading the horse with a chifney. 😳

I missed that! I saw a video of a well known Irish stud lungeing a horse in a chifney which made me feel slightly queasy.

And did Alice really say ‘ulcers can stick to a horses stomach’ or did I mishear!? 🤣

That can go right up there with Adele talking about horses breathing through their mouth 🤣

Heyhay1984

New User
Visit site
Good afternoon for you @Clodagh ! Fair play to Shishkin, I can't take to him in the way I do some NH horses but that was decent. I'm not sure about the Gold Cup for him with it being further again, and I still think his jumping could be better for a top class horse, but I know very little based on how I usually get on in the free horse picking comps 😂

Protektorat plugging back on again caught my eye, though 👀 and I did pick out the second in the hurdle at 28/1. Skelton's seem to be coming into a bit of form? Nube Negra is my favourite NH currently so I'd like to see him back to his best when he's next out!

Clodagh

Visit site
Good afternoon for you @Clodagh ! Fair play to Shishkin, I can't take to him in the way I do some NH horses but that was decent. I'm not sure about the Gold Cup for him with it being further again, and I still think his jumping could be better for a top class horse, but I know very little based on how I usually get on in the free horse picking comps 😂

Protektorat plugging back on again caught my eye, though 👀 and I did pick out the second in the hurdle at 28/1. Skelton's seem to be coming into a bit of form? Nube Negra is my favourite NH currently so I'd like to see him back to his best when he's next out!
I also love Nube Negra. And Shan Blue.
I hope Protektorat doesn’t go for the Ryanair. I’ve got Stage Star!
I also agree about Shishkin just not grabbing like a lot of top horses. I just don’t know why . Still, I’d love to see him come second in the gold cup to BMG.
Let’s not think about Galopin des Champs. Who is very beautiful.