Rant WARNING ** .....How dare she ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

polyphonic

Visit site
touch my horse feel my shavings fork! lol! sorry shouldn't make light of it but to be honest people should respect how others want there horse disciplined. i discipline other peoples horses how they want them disciplined.

not_with_it

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its the YOs place to teach manners - it is the owners. I wouldn't be happy if my YO whacked Chex, but it is a totally DIY yard, so wouldn't expect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with your first point, owners should teach manners so the YO doesnt have to. So if you asked your YO to lead Chex to the field and he was leaping about would you expect your YO to just put up with it?
I certainly wouldnt, my YO's and my safety comes first. We cant afford to be injured by someone elses horse.

not_with_it

Visit site
read my post below, just remember it is my opinion. I respect what other want but I will not put up with bad behaviour from ANY horse. I dont accept it from mine so why should I from anyone elses?

fizz-tally

Visit site
if my yo was leading mine & they pratted about then a sharp tug,followed by a slap with the hand if needed is fine,not wolloping with whatever came to hand,considering we are still a sheep farm i would hate to guess what he would use
laugh.gif

Chex

Visit site
See Chex would never muck about being led to the field, he knows exactly how he is expected to walk. I think thats maybe why I have a problem with it, because I know that Chex will almost always behave, so there is no real reason to whack him. If you get what I mean lol
tongue.gif

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
" Timing is crutial. " ... exactly nat, thats why I think I am so cross, Put it this way if she had reared up and misbehaved and yo had given her a slap then, Tbh I dont think I would have minded .

These next few years will make her into the horse for the rest of her life, I am a perfectionist and I like things done proper, I dont like any one interfering with how I bring her up and that includes silly things ( could have been major ie scared of being hit again, could have been damaged after the back lash of kicking at the fence)

I just hope that she will not interfere next time as I will be having a friendly chat with her.

I hope no one has taken offence to anything I have said after all its only a forum and Its a way of making friends x all fluffy hugs and kisses allround :p

polyphonic

Visit site
because not everybody elses horse are yours and behave like yours. my horse is known to be bolshy, he rears occassionaly etc so i only allowe people i know can handle him to take him to the field and bring in etc. ive often had hat and body protector on to lead him out. if my YO smacked my horse with a feed scoop i see that as a serious problem that needs discussion. what next? if she had not of had a feed scoop in her hand she wouldnt of hit the youngster. what if their is a broom in her hand next time etc? its not so black and white

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I hope no one has taken offence to anything I have said after all its only a forum and Its a way of making friends x all fluffy hugs and kisses allround

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not - it's all about a good old debate isn't it????
grin.gif
grin.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
OK, I understand what you are saying but horses are unpredictable and sometimes these things happen. I dont think safety should be compramised (sp?) just because someone thinks it might hurt their precious horse. If you watch horses in a herd they will kick and bite each other, this will hurt far more than a human and they still go back for more!

not_with_it

Visit site
That is my point! I was replying to people who said under no circumstances can anyone hit my horse. I am not saying the horse should be beaten with whatever comes to hand
tongue.gif

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I have to say that if my gg was naughty and deserved a got slap then he would get one but def not 5 mins after! Just have a little word with YO and let her know that you are not annoyed that she was slapped but she should have done it at the time of the incident otherwise she would not know what she is being slapped for! Its like the people who dont feed there horse because it has benn naughty! That just annoys me!

polyphonic

Visit site
the person whop used to ownj my horse was the other way, he would play up, bhuck rear dump her on the floor, flint was then rewarded by being put straight in his stable with feed hay and no more work. i do smack flint witha sharp no but i would never do it after the incident or with any object other than my hand.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Went back and read it again, and it seems that by default responsibilty for feeding was indeed handed to the YO as your friend failed to stop her administering the feed...your friend(same friend who has half share?) could quite easily have taken it upon herself to feed your youngster, but she didn't.....and again I'll say that an 11 month old semi-rearing may not seem like much, but when there's half a ton of undisciplined 4 yr old doing it it's not quite so funny
crazy.gif

Your YO was wrong to meter out punishment in the manner she did...hitting your horse would have served no purpose other than to demonstrate your YO's annoyance...but if your youngster is unsafe to be around now then I fear you have problems to come
crazy.gif

Chex

Visit site
Yeah, I agree with you (sort of lol). I just think it comes down to the owner everytime. If I had a horse that was likely to misbehave I wouldn't let anyone else handle it incase they came to some harm, so the situation wouldn't arise that they should have to discipline the horse. I'm talking about purely DIY yards here, I have no experience of YOs actually taking care of the horses. Of course maybe I'm just naive and have a very well behaved horse lol
crazy.gif
. I know horses are unpredictable, and accidents will happen if a horse gets a huge fright and knocks into you or whatever (but in my opinion that is not bad behaviour, we all get startled sometimes).

Anyway lol, YO shouldn't have interfered in the first place and there wouldn't have been a problem!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Amy may you make me laugh! Just are so straight to the point and i love it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad someone appreciates it
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
Sorry to restart this after we have all entered a love fest state
smile.gif
, but perehaps your YO was scared so leapt out through the fence in self defence before whacking horse?
confused.gif

I'm afraid I belted my youngster last week across the bum with a plastic shovel, she lashed out at me while I was doing her rug. *runs and hides*. Since then she has been very good, but doesn't look intimidated or scared of said shovel.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.