Rant WARNING ** .....How dare she ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
sleepingdragon, trust me, yo was NOT given responsiblty trust me , shall we just leave it at that, cause I have to head out and bring this brute of a foal in . Il be sure to give her a whack when shes enjoying her lunch :p :p

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you're kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate please
smile.gif

X

xspiralx

In reply to playboy saying she would "wake" [whack??] the YO over the head next time she saw her.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I agree Spiral - silly comment and not adding much to the discussion.
As I said on page 2, NONE of us were there (including the OP) so it is ridiculous arguing about something that may not even have happened the way it has been reported. I bet £100 that the youngster is so thick skinned it won't even remember the incident.

polyphonic

Visit site
well as i said before! i told the person who wacked my horse do it again and you will find yourself wacked back! its been reported the way it was reported to the OWNER! in reality i do not think many of you would be happy if i smacked your horse with a scoop either, and its nice to see a certain someone picking up on the posts and having a dig

Fransurrey

Visit site
I entirely agree with Caz's point. The interlude between the behaviour and punishment isn't the issue here - 5 mins may as well be 5 hours for all the association that foal will have between rearing and the smack. Sounds like your YO doesn't understand the basics of classical conditioning OR animal behaviour and I would be ensuring in future that she has nothing to do with your foal. Such bad handling won't do you any favours in future lessons. Whether or not you agree with smacking, punishment has certain rules:

-it must be in proportion to the crime (would you whack your OH over the head with a frying pan for forgetting to put the lid down on the loo?)
-must be immediate
-must cease the moment the behaviour ceases, or recedes.

p.s. Don't answer the OH and frying pan question, lol!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Fine Flintus. So perhaps the OP ought to tell the YO? The point I am making (and I thought mine was quite clear rather than your confusing "someone picking upon the posts and having a dig" which I am not sure who is aimed at) is that the story is coming out in dribs and drabs, slightly confusing, slightly contradictory and the fact is NO ONE SAW WHAT HAPPENED! Either the other owner was there watching and therefore could have fed the horse herself, or was in the stable and couldn't see. And this "5 minutes" palavar. This has to be an entirely made up estimate of time. Why would the YO stand watching the horse eat for five minutes then decide out of the blue to hit it!

H-J

www.piczo.com
I know that this lady half shares the foal but still if you trust thi slady and she half shares with you then you cant moan about what happens in her care even if it is the yard owner hitting the foal - because im sure if you was there it wouldnt have happened, or maybe you would have said something to the YO

polyphonic

Visit site
the 'dig' was nto at you. do you believe it to be perfectly acceptable to smack someone leses horse, pony or youngster with a feed scoop? without any of this confusing drips and drabs, do you really believe that is acceptable behaviour of a YO? i dont. there are man y youngsters who look up to mine and i would be horrified that he could even justify it. regardless of if the youngster can remember the event it shouldnt of happened because she should not of been in there

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
Fmm .... its whatever way you want to read it in my opinion .... Im not going to go over it again and bore every one that has understood what happened, its ended I have made my point on what way I want the foal to be brought up with manners might i add .

Frances totally agree ... Yes I would slap him ove the head straight away !! and then some :p

lexiedhb

Visit site
EH? what??? FMM, im slightly confused as to why, if you think this discussion, is pointless, as "no one saw what happened" you are still posting............ sorry just an observation....... and Holly jane, the woman who half shares this foal ISNT the one who whacked it, it is the YO who did and shouldnt of interfered with an animal that wasnt her responsibility..... is I think the general concencus......

polyphonic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
EH? what??? FMM, im slightly confused as to why, if you think this discussion, is pointless, as "no one saw what happened" you are still posting............ sorry just an observation....... and Holly jane, the woman who half shares this foal ISNT the one who whacked it, it is the YO who did and shouldnt of interfered with an animal that wasnt her responsibility..... is I think the general concencus......

[/ QUOTE ]

here here!
(another useless comment form flintus!!!)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
The answer is difficult as there ARE occasions when a horse should be reprimanded. And in this case, I think my first reaction would be to ask the YO why she hit the horse. I would not like a horse of mine to be walloped with a feed scoop, and certainly not 5 minutes after the event. However, I truly feel that this has been slightly misreported by the sharer (not intentionally I am sure) and that the OP needs to find out from the YO what happened. She can then ask for the YO to punish the horse in a way that everyone finds acceptable (including the horse) and everyone is happy.

Part of my job is looking at facts and seeing them reported incorrectly (even with people who have the best intentions). It is a fact of life that people are rarely able to report exactly what has happened without some form of embellishment.

I don't have young horses any more - hard enough with 5 year old children without having 1 year old horses. Gave that up YEARS ago.

Tempi

Visit site
(this isnt directed at anyone in particular btw)

OMG this post is seriously pathetic now, i cant believe people are still bickering on about whats right and wrong.....does it really matter? the OP seems to have given up on it, so why dosent everyone else just let it go.....

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm. I KNOW that. The point I was making was that the sharer should have either been feeding the foal, or in the stable. She can't have been concentrating on both areas.

X

xspiralx

FMM - flintus aimed that comment at me, because he hates everything I say
smirk.gif

Personally I would never resort to physical violence against another human for smacking my horse [especially if it was naughty] - if I was that concerned I would just forbid them to handle it, or move my horse elsewhere.

polyphonic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

OMG this post is seriously pathetic now, i cant believe people are still bickering on about whats right and wrong.....does it really matter? the OP seems to have given up on it, so why dosent everyone else just let it go.....

[/ QUOTE ]

then why are you partaking if it is pathetic? now that is a silly post to say does it really matter! yes it does to some people, especially the person who owns the horse who was hit. unbelievable

lexiedhb

Visit site
and.......... if it went to court i am sure the YO's lawer would make this point...... this is however only a forum, for discussion, not always based on things that we have seen first hand!

lexiedhb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then why are you partaking if it is pathetic? now that is a silly post to say does it really matter! yes it does to some people, especially the person who owns the horse who was hit. unbelievable

[/ QUOTE ]

my point about "still posting" entirely.......
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree
grin.gif

X

xspiralx

You don't think this has been blown a bit out of proportion?

I would agree that it is wrong to hit a horse several minutes after the bad behavior - punishment should be instant or not at all.

However at the end of the day, it was a one off occurrence, the horse is not scarred or permanently damaged and I really doubt its going to even remember it.

Just make sure it doesn't happen again and there won't be any more trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.