Remaining (in person) horse sales in Britain

neddy man

Visit site
Goffs thoroughbred sales at Doncaster next week 22/23May. Vets reports on show, record of Dam and offspring etc, sadly doesn't show size of horses. Plus Appleby horse fair in June.

stangs

Visit site
Witherslack Hall Equestrian Centre Auction Prices.

All horses sold though Lot 8 only just made it.
Lot 9 had the biggest bidding war - price increased by around 5k throughout this morning.

--

Lot 1: 6k (57 bids)
16.1 18yo bay gelding for intermediate riders

Lot 2: 7.4k (23 bids)
16hh 9yo skewbald cob gelding for intermediate riders

Lot 3: 5.5k (83 bids)
14.1hh 8yo skewbald cob mare, not yet used in RS

Lot 4: 4.6k (56 bids)
14.2 12yo skewbald cob gelding, not yet used in RS. Green in school and can be strong on ground. [The last to have a video uploaded]

Lot 5: 9.8k (29 bids)
15.3hh 15yo piebald cob gelding, “safe forward going fun cob”

Lot 6: 9.4k (21 bids)
15hh 12yo piebald cob gelding, novice to intermediate riders but forward going

Lot 7: 4.3k (53 bids)
12.3hh 14yo piebald cob gelding, beginner to intermediate riders, mild sweet itch

Lot 8: 1.75k (34 bids)
11hh 16yo grey sports pony mare, does lessons on and off lead

Lot 9: 9.1k (46 bids)
13.2hh 11yo piebald cob mare, intermediate riders

Lot 10: 5.6k (54 bids)
16.2hh 12yo ID x grey mare, intermediate riders

Lot 11: 1.95k (39 bids)
12.2hh 5yo black cob gelding. Backed last summer, turned away and will need bringing back into work. Not yet used in riding school.

Lot 12: 5.4k (47 bids)
13.2hh 12yo piebald cob mare, beginners to intermediate riders

Lot 13: 5.8k (55 bids)
14.2hh 19yo cob x TB skewbald mare

Lot 14: 8.9k (28 bids)
15.3hh 13yo Belgian draft x gelding, for all levels of rider but not keen on jumping

Lot 15: 6.3k (15 bids)
14.2hh 14yo piebald cob gelding, all ability riders, loves to jump

Lot 16: 6.2k (46 bids)
14.2hh 16yo piebald Irish cob gelding [had mostly done trekking before coming to this yard in 2020]

TheMule

Visit site
Witherslack Hall Equestrian Centre Auction Prices.

All horses sold though Lot 8 only just made it.
Lot 9 had the biggest bidding war - price increased by around 5k throughout this morning.

--

Lot 1: 6k (57 bids)
16.1 18yo bay gelding for intermediate riders

Lot 2: 7.4k (23 bids)
16hh 9yo skewbald cob gelding for intermediate riders

Lot 3: 5.5k (83 bids)
14.1hh 8yo skewbald cob mare, not yet used in RS

Lot 4: 4.6k (56 bids)
14.2 12yo skewbald cob gelding, not yet used in RS. Green in school and can be strong on ground. [The last to have a video uploaded]

Lot 5: 9.8k (29 bids)
15.3hh 15yo piebald cob gelding, “safe forward going fun cob”

Lot 6: 9.4k (21 bids)
15hh 12yo piebald cob gelding, novice to intermediate riders but forward going

Lot 7: 4.3k (53 bids)
12.3hh 14yo piebald cob gelding, beginner to intermediate riders, mild sweet itch

Lot 8: 1.75k (34 bids)
11hh 16yo grey sports pony mare, does lessons on and off lead

Lot 9: 9.1k (46 bids)
13.2hh 11yo piebald cob mare, intermediate riders

Lot 10: 5.6k (54 bids)
16.2hh 12yo ID x grey mare, intermediate riders

Lot 11: 1.95k (39 bids)
12.2hh 5yo black cob gelding. Backed last summer, turned away and will need bringing back into work. Not yet used in riding school.

Lot 12: 5.4k (47 bids)
13.2hh 12yo piebald cob mare, beginners to intermediate riders

Lot 13: 5.8k (55 bids)
14.2hh 19yo cob x TB skewbald mare

Lot 14: 8.9k (28 bids)
15.3hh 13yo Belgian draft x gelding, for all levels of rider but not keen on jumping

Lot 15: 6.3k (15 bids)
14.2hh 14yo piebald cob gelding, all ability riders, loves to jump

Lot 16: 6.2k (46 bids)
14.2hh 16yo piebald Irish cob gelding [had mostly done trekking before coming to this yard in 2020]

Wow 😮
Good prices, bet they're chuffed!

Goldie's mum

Visit site

meleeka

Visit site
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/23536299.pictures-wickham-horse-charter-fair-2023/#gallery0
There were no arrests or any reports of antisocial behaviour. Police and RSPCA were in attendance.
From the photos I’ve seen it was one of the better years. The police finally seem to be clamping down on antisocial behaviour from the wannabe travellers,
so maybe that’s partly why. I didn’t see many buckets of water in the photos I saw though.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Catalogue for Beaulieu

"WARRANTIES the only warranties at the Sales are -
-Quiet to Ride which shall imply that the animal may be ridden by a reasonably experienced person, on its own, in company and in traffic and is sound in wind, eyes, heart and action.
-Good Hunter which shall imply that the animal is ‘quiet to ride’ (as above) has been hunted and is capable of being hunted.
-Quiet to Drive which shall imply that the animal is quiet and capable of being driven in single harness, in and out of traffic and is capable of doing a reasonable day’s work and is sound in wind, heart and action.

It is a condition of warranty that all such warranted animals shall be free from any disease either infectious or contagious, that they shall be free of vice(s) such as crib biting, wind sucking, weaving etc (unless expressly declared) and that such animals have not been tubed, fired, un-nerved or operated upon for unsoundness of any kind (unless expressly declared). 4. UNLESS SO STATED IN THE CATALOGUE OR AT THE TIME OF SALE, UNBROKEN PONIES CARRY NO WARRANTY. 5. UNWARRANTED ANIMALS are sold as seen and are taken with all faults and vices whether described or not and cannot be returned under any circumstances"

Last edited:

maya2008

Visit site
Catalogue for Beaulieu

"WARRANTIES the only warranties at the Sales are - Quiet to Ride which shall imply that the animal may be ridden by a reasonably experienced person, on its own, in company and in traffic and is sound in wind, eyes, heart and action. Good Hunter which shall imply that the animal is ‘quiet to ride’ (as above) has been hunted and is capable of being hunted. Quiet to Drive which shall imply that the animal is quiet and capable of being driven in single harness, in and out of traffic and is capable of doing a reasonable day’s work and is sound in wind, heart and action. It is a condition of warranty that all such warranted animals shall be free from any disease either infectious or contagious, that they shall be free of vice(s) such as crib biting, wind sucking, weaving etc (unless expressly declared) and that such animals have not been tubed, fired, un-nerved or operated upon for unsoundness of any kind (unless expressly declared). 4. UNLESS SO STATED IN THE CATALOGUE OR AT THE TIME OF SALE, UNBROKEN PONIES CARRY NO WARRANTY. 5. UNWARRANTED ANIMALS are sold as seen and are taken with all faults and vices whether described or not and cannot be returned under any circumstances"

One of the 2yos is related to the one we lost. We so don’t need a young one, but going to go see anyway! Anyone know what the timings are usually like? It says it starts at 11am but there is a pre sale show?

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Last edited:

Jambarissa

Visit site
Sure there's a sale tomorrow, anyone know where? Is it online?

My favoured dealer has said he's got the perfect horse for me 'under assessment' and it'll be available at the end of the month. I'm sure I'll get the details on it after he's been to the next sales 🤣

Jambarissa

Visit site
I'm not ..officially. It would be nice to reunite them though..;)
Can we help you with this? A bit of effort on Facebook should find her. And she'll either be well loved in which case the owners may be willing to let her go, or they'll let her go for an appropriate amount (I'd be happy to help with that).

nagblagger

Visit site
Thank you, i know the dealer who sold him wanted extortionate money (from me) considering what he went for at Brecon, I didn't know, until Mildred was home, that he had the other one or i would have haggled a deal for them both. i could approach him to see who he sold him to, but if they think you want something the price will go up, and realistically i would not pay stupid money. If he is happy in a new home i would leave him - i just don't like the thought of him being passed from dealer to dealer.