Richardson Rice

Riceale

New User
Visit site
Is this thread still live? We have just purchased a rice trailer, which is specifically for cattle. I am trying to find out the age and name of it, if any one is able to help? Have photos and the serial code.

trailer guy

Visit site
Hi there, pretty sure this a deceased parrot. Rice have long since gone to the wall. However, feel free to post up the info you have and the info you would like and I'll see if I can help. All the best, Ben

JillA

Visit site
How do I add images on to the thread?? The serial code for it is :A :22787. Thank you for replying ��

You can open a free account at Photobucket. Upload the pics you want then copy and paste the

polly-anne

New User
Visit site
I know this is an old post, so probably won't work. I need some paperwork for a Richardson Grande Supreme trailer which I want to register in France. The seller doesn't have any apart from a bill of sale. Any ideas welcome!

trailer guy

Visit site
Hi Polly-Anne
I really don't think you'll have any luck getting any required paperwork for your Rice (usually a CoC).

What I'd suggest you doing is visiting the DREAL with your trailer and discuss your options with them. What they will do is their equivalent of a our SVA (single vehicle approval). Theirs is the réception de titre isolé.

I'd print off a copy of this:

http://cnrsm.creteil.iufm.fr/c_ress...site remorque/e_ressources/drire/CRR11-00.pdf

and take it with you, so they can run through the info they want from you. You won't be the first person to have this issue and you certainly won't be the last. Best of luck.

Alternatively, just tow it behind a UK registered car, as I think you then don't need to register it in France. It may be the easier option!...

All the best, Ben

polly-anne

New User
Visit site
Thanks Ben
In order to get an appt. at DREAL they want photos of the trailer (no prob) and some sort of paperwork or a plaque on the van that shows its age (harder) mmm Seems like we will have to be inventive!!

eclogos

New User
Visit site
Hello, just finding this thread! I'm in the process of importing to France a Richardson trailer and need what is called a "certificate of conformity" I have a photo of the regristration plaque on the trailer, just need to know who to send it to to get this certificate . . . Do you think one of the previous employees would be able to help? Many thanks in advance

Zoe Wauton

New User
Visit site
Apologies - I am new on this site but am trying to find out the age/original colour of a Rice horse trailer that I am selling for a friend whose daughter is seriously ill. She has sold her house, needs to vacate the premises and remove all possessions - including a vintage horse-trailer which she originally brought over to Jersey from the UK. I have cleaned it up and it has signs of rust etc but I want to get as much money for her as possible to allow her to fly back and forth from Jersey to the UK to visit her daughter but I know nothing about horses or horse trailers! I have been told to look for the Serial number on the A frame and all I can find is:
B
R
A
P.D.2
L (possibly)
? (can't read but could be a Z)
? (can't read)
Can anyone help please!

I'm Dun

Visit site
Apologies - I am new on this site but am trying to find out the age/original colour of a Rice horse trailer that I am selling for a friend whose daughter is seriously ill. She has sold her house, needs to vacate the premises and remove all possessions - including a vintage horse-trailer which she originally brought over to Jersey from the UK. I have cleaned it up and it has signs of rust etc but I want to get as much money for her as possible to allow her to fly back and forth from Jersey to the UK to visit her daughter but I know nothing about horses or horse trailers! I have been told to look for the Serial number on the A frame and all I can find is:
B
R
A
P.D.2
L (possibly)
? (can't read but could be a Z)
? (can't read)
Can anyone help please!

You dont need the serial number or really any further information. Just put it on ebay with lots of photos and someone will buy it to convert. The market is strong, and you should get between £300 and £1200 depending on size and condition

Jimbob82

New User
Visit site
Hi TommisMum and other forumites, do you still know some of the old Rice employees? Have a question about my Rice (Beaufort double?) guessing it's an older one, can't quite see the plate just yet (layers of paint). I need to replace the upper front section of the nose (above the window) with a new piece of aluminium, as it has rusted through down one side/corner, and can't see if the non-opening side and the centre front are joined or just one piece? Anyone else done this? Guessing 4mm aluminium sheet with rolled edges? Thanks.

EJE

New User
Visit site
Hi. I need to replace some bulbs (right indicators and break lights), on an old Richardson trailer. Can anyone suggest what bulbs these might be? Are all trailer bulbs the same?

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Hi. I need to replace some bulbs (right indicators and break lights), on an old Richardson trailer. Can anyone suggest what bulbs these might be? Are all trailer bulbs the same?
Hello, welcome to the forum.
Can't answer your question but this will put it back to the top of the list! 😁
(You might do better with a new thread, though, this one is from 2013 so people might ignore it if they see it pop up again.)