RIP my beautiful boy... how quickly things can change

skint1

Visit site
Oh my, I welled up reading that, am so sorry for you and your beloved boy, RIP Rodney xxx

Janesomerset

Visit site
What a stunning horse. My heart goes out to you, as this brings back the memories of when I lost my big horse in 2002, just before what would have been his 12th birthday (he had grass sickness). They look so big and strong, but really they are so fragile and can be gone so very quickly, and it makes you feel so helpless. But you did the best anyone could have done, and he would thank you for that and for all the love you obviously gave him. Sending you hugs xx

CobsGalore

Visit site
Devastated to read this, what an awful awful shock. He was one of my forum favourites and always enjoyed your updates and pictures. I'm so very sorry. RIP Rodney xxx

Last edited:

Tobiano

Visit site
I am so sorry Shadowflame. What an awful tragedy and you must be still in shock. You did everything possible for your boy and you got him help incredibly quickly. I am so sorry for what happened. He looked to be a lovely boy. Run free, Rodney. X x

maxapple

Visit site
Really sorry you have lost your beautiful boy. Heartbreaking for you. Look after yourself xxxx

Highlands

Visit site
How dreadful for you , Three Counties are brill and I sure everyone did what they could. Just shows how quick colic comes on.

Nari

Visit site
I'm so sorry. It's no consolation, but you did everything you could as quickly as you could so he had every possible chance & his pain was minimised.

Sleep tight Rodney x

suffolkmare

Visit site
Sending hugs, so very sad for you. It's small comfort but you did what you could and he had had a happy day saying hello to old friends. Treasure your memories.